Good afternoon everyone... New information... I have now noticed that the GPS lock is working intermittently on all apps & when I run "Device Analyzer" (Hardware GPS test - it fails) ... Is this a hardware or a software problem?... What are my next steps?... I need to use the GPS Navigator extensively for work and as a back-up to my stand alone unit... Thanks in advance,
    07-15-12 03:38 PM
    Mine just passed the gps when I placed the phone in a large window and I'm on the second floor of my wood frame home. Were you outside as the test suggests?

Warranty - call carrier.
    07-15-12 04:09 PM
    Mine just passed the gps when I placed the phone in a large window and I'm on the second floor of my wood frame home. Were you outside as the test suggests?

Warranty - call carrier.
    Good afternoon... I've tried it outside in the open, inside, downtown Vancouver... Just about everywhere... That is why I would like to know if it is a hardware issue and then I can possibly have it replaced as it is a company phone... Thanks,
    07-15-12 07:19 PM
    Good afternoon... I've tried it outside in the open, inside, downtown Vancouver... Just about everywhere... That is why I would like to know if it is a hardware issue and then I can possibly have it replaced as it is a company phone... Thanks,
    If by in the open - a nice open field? Downtown Vancouver could be blocked by taller buildings, although it might work.

You mentioned spotty, so it did work with some apps but not well?

Have you tried the camera app - it can add gps data to the image and when viewing the scene, it will identify the general location (upper left, I believe) which is prepends to the image name once you shoot. Here's one I took - the 9930, added that location info to the filename. If you hover over the thumbnail, you'll see "Issaquah....." as part of the name.
    07-15-12 09:28 PM
    If by in the open - a nice open field? Downtown Vancouver could be blocked by taller buildings, although it might work.

You mentioned spotty, so it did work with some apps but not well?

Have you tried the camera app - it can add gps data to the image and when viewing the scene, it will identify the general location (upper left, I believe) which is prepends to the image name once you shoot. Here's one I took - the 9930, added that location info to the filename. If you hover over the thumbnail, you'll see "Issaquah....." as part of the name.
    Good evening... By open, I meant in a park with no large trees, buildings or mountains... The GPS icon shows red, and when it works it is usually about 35 seconds on and 35 seconds off (red), this cycle will repeat again and again... I had a 9790 before, and it worked fine with the same apps loaded... My camera does assign location, I just tried several pictures and it works, not sure if it is intermittent... Could it be an app interfering or a hardware issue?... Thanks for your help...
    Last edited by Crusader ss; 07-15-12 at 11:06 PM.
    07-15-12 11:01 PM
    fyi,

my gps has been on and off for the past month.

i'm about to call telus and get a replacement. i've wiped the device twice, and the gps is still not functioning.
    09-20-12 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD