it was very hard to walk out of the store without one but I did.

I have to say that all the chatter about the keyboard being awesome is so right though. Man I didn't want to stop typing on it. It is "silky" smooth!

The 9810 was right beside the 9900 so it was easy to do a few comparisons between the two. I know all this has been said before but it was my first opportunity to see and play with the two together so, this might sound like a broken record.

Screen - The 9900 win's hands down. The colors looked better than on the 9810. The 9810 screen is a little bigger but not by much.

Speaker - Volume and clarity were about the same but still neither can compare to the old 9000.

Keyboard - There is no comparison between the two really. The 9810 is much smaller and the keys require a lot more effort to type on than the 9900. I thought my 9000's keyboard was the best ever but it takes a back seat now to the 9900. Not trying to down the 9810 here, it does have a good keyboard it's just that it's not in the same league as the 9900.

Camera - In-store picture taking I had a hard time getting a good clean shot without blurriness on the 9900 and no problem at all on the 9810. I didn't play with the settings at all just pointed a shot and I am not a good picture taker. 9810 wins in the camera department.

Price - $199 for the 9900 with a 2 year contract or upgrade vs $49 with a 2 year contract or upgrade for the 9810 - Corporate store prices here but, the 9810 is a better bargain by a long shot considering it's specs.

Bold 9000 to 9900 - Just comparing the two, Flag Ship to Flag Ship. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference in the screen size. I know there is not a lot of actual difference looking at the numbers but in the hand it is a nice improvement in the size between the two. Keyboards, as I already mentioned but I'd even go as far as saying that the 9000 is closer to the 9810 in feel and workmanship than it is to the 9900. The 9900's keyboard is spread out wider and the keys are bigger than the old 9000. Weight was close to the same but the 9900 is much thinner and a little wider.

On a side note, I picked up and played with the i4s also. I don't see why there is so much hype about that phone. it was the first one I ever tried out and well, I've seen enough. Virtual keyboards are not for me. Maybe one day I will migrate over to one but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Nothing new here. Just sharing my in-store experience from today.
    11-16-11 04:44 PM
    i would have thought with the early fall release of the 9900 and as we move to the "festive" season we might have seen a small price move by now.

i agree with you on the virtual keyboard. I don't mind it on my playbook with the larger screen but the touch screen on the iPhone is just too small for my fat fingers.
    11-16-11 06:25 PM
    it was very hard to walk out of the store without one but I did.

I have to say that all the chatter about the keyboard being awesome is so right though. Man I didn't want to stop typing on it. It is "silky" smooth!

The 9810 was right beside the 9900 so it was easy to do a few comparisons between the two. I know all this has been said before but it was my first opportunity to see and play with the two together so, this might sound like a broken record.

Screen - The 9900 win's hands down. The colors looked better than on the 9810. The 9810 screen is a little bigger but not by much.

Speaker - Volume and clarity were about the same but still neither can compare to the old 9000.

Keyboard - There is no comparison between the two really. The 9810 is much smaller and the keys require a lot more effort to type on than the 9900. I thought my 9000's keyboard was the best ever but it takes a back seat now to the 9900. Not trying to down the 9810 here, it does have a good keyboard it's just that it's not in the same league as the 9900.

Camera - In-store picture taking I had a hard time getting a good clean shot without blurriness on the 9900 and no problem at all on the 9810. I didn't play with the settings at all just pointed a shot and I am not a good picture taker. 9810 wins in the camera department.

Price - $199 for the 9900 with a 2 year contract or upgrade vs $49 with a 2 year contract or upgrade for the 9810 - Corporate store prices here but, the 9810 is a better bargain by a long shot considering it's specs.

Bold 9000 to 9900 - Just comparing the two, Flag Ship to Flag Ship. I was pleasantly surprised at the difference in the screen size. I know there is not a lot of actual difference looking at the numbers but in the hand it is a nice improvement in the size between the two. Keyboards, as I already mentioned but I'd even go as far as saying that the 9000 is closer to the 9810 in feel and workmanship than it is to the 9900. The 9900's keyboard is spread out wider and the keys are bigger than the old 9000. Weight was close to the same but the 9900 is much thinner and a little wider.

On a side note, I picked up and played with the i4s also. I don't see why there is so much hype about that phone. it was the first one I ever tried out and well, I've seen enough. Virtual keyboards are not for me. Maybe one day I will migrate over to one but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Nothing new here. Just sharing my in-store experience from today.
    WOW the 9900 is huge step up from the 9000. Just the web browsing alone with the 1.2 ghz processor.
    11-16-11 06:35 PM
    Charade, yeah me too on the price drop. I hope it drops by Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I know eventually it will but sometime between now and Christmas would be nice.

Slammer, by all means I know you are right about huge step up and the Browsing. I figured there was no need to mention anything about the innards between the old Bold and the new one cause the difference there is night and day.

I did have a 9810 for a few weeks but took it back. The browsing was very nice. Took it back because of issues with the track pad and decided to wait a while before trying anything else.
    11-16-11 07:36 PM
    Charade, yeah me too on the price drop. I hope it drops by Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I know eventually it will but sometime between now and Christmas would be nice.

Slammer, by all means I know you are right about huge step up and the Browsing. I figured there was no need to mention anything about the innards between the old Bold and the new one cause the difference there is night and day.

I did have a 9810 for a few weeks but took it back. The browsing was very nice. Took it back because of issues with the track pad and decided to wait a while before trying anything else.
    9810 is a nice device. I got that in hopes to get me by a year or 2 but then I seen the 9900 and couldnt resist lol!(sliders are not for me) gave the wife the 9810 and got the 9900 on launch day. Very impressed! I hope you give it a chance i think you will be very pleased with it.
    11-16-11 08:01 PM
    I went from a 9700 to 9900 and I thought that was a huge differenc eh
    you won't regret eh=p awesome phone
    11-16-11 08:29 PM
    Cap...I remember doing the same as you, walking out of the store without one. I got home that evening and it just was killing me that I didn't take the plunge. I went back the next day and satisfied my addiction. That was about two months ago...it's been a beautiful marriage since!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD