I can't wait for this device, been waiting for this for like 1.5 years now.
    Btw for everyone worried about the camera, I'm currently using a Google Nexus S, with this phone i cant take close up pictures unless i change the setting to Macro, I was sure the 97xx had Macro settings since that was my last device, but anyways im sure the camera pics will be better since Wsg's device is a prerelease, And YES the Software will fix any problems that is occuring now, So just relax and wait for it to release.
    08-08-11 12:33 AM
    What weapon did you use to threaten the seller to sell the phone for $450? Pistol? Rifle? Salmonella-laced chicken? Broken bottle?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Roflmao !

p.s. dont know how to LIKE @ this forum ! ...
    Last edited by coolraghav; 08-08-11 at 03:04 AM. Reason: k found it.
    08-08-11 03:02 AM
    Does it have any hotspot by any chance?!
    08-08-11 08:13 AM
    the guy also had a 9850,but i don t like the touch(only) screen phone at the same price.It was like my Bold an engennering unit.Sorry for my english
    the 9850 too is a great phone. Unlike the 9930-9900, the 9850 has the all new capacitive 3.2 LED TouchScreen which is great but it doesn't beat the AMOLED's and the Retina Display technologies which are already in the market. Congrats on the new phone and do report of any bugs you find in this phone!!
    08-08-11 09:06 AM
    after 12 hours of intense usage at work(2 hours talk time,60 phone calls and browsing) the batterry is 20%.I don t have bis/bes.There are some small isues when i have a waiting call,and put the other on hold i cant go back and talk with the first.
    08-08-11 09:30 AM
    Does it have any hotspot by any chance?!
    The OP mentioned in a previous post that he did not think so as he could not find that feature. The device I am currently using has it and I have become so accustomed to it I do not want to do with out it. I will be passing on this device for that reason as well as a few other reasons this bold is not for me.
    Not sure how the hotspot feature is installed. Maybe someone could chime in as to whether or not it could be done later by verizon update or some such thing. I think not tho.
    Last edited by cbreze; 08-08-11 at 12:07 PM.
    08-08-11 12:04 PM
    Vodafone has it listed as having an auto focus camera. BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Buy the Bold 9900 in Black on Vodafone
    i bet they, like many others, made a mistake / assumed. The 9900 will be all focus not auto focus.
    08-08-11 12:07 PM
    There are some small isues when i have a waiting call,and put the other on hold i cant go back and talk with the first.
    Good ol' CDMA does have some serious issues with handling multiple calls in my opinion, GSM is light years ahead as far as this is concerned. On voda are you using the CDMA or GSM side of the phone? Might be a bug in the 9930's firmware with different call handling between the two different networks. Hopefully the 9900 will be able to hand off properly when it's launched, I use conference calling with 2-4 parties on a near daily basis with my 9700.
    08-08-11 12:14 PM
    i use GSM ,I my country we don t have any CDMA network.I tried an ORANGE sim card with BIS on it and works very smooth
    08-08-11 01:04 PM
    i use GSM ,I my country we don t have any CDMA network.I tried an ORANGE sim card with BIS on it and works very smooth
    How are you using a "9930" phone then?
    ...I was under the impression the 9930 was only for CDMA.
    08-08-11 01:08 PM
    its GLOBAL version like 9650 ,is CDMA but u can use a sim card
    08-08-11 01:09 PM
    Personally. As long as this phone takes good pictures from a moderate distance, like with my friends at a party or something that I don't see the problem. I barely ever took a picture of text soo not a big problem to me if I have to do it a couple times. I love the slimness over the AF and that's what I love bout this phone .

08-08-11 01:11 PM
    Personally. As long as this phone takes good pictures from a moderate distance, like with my friends at a party or something that I don't see the problem. I barely ever took a picture of text soo not a big problem to me if I have to do it a couple times. I love the slimness over the AF and that's what I love bout this phone .

If you accurately reflect the demographic RIM was attempting to appeal to RIM did the right thing....
    ...It's obviously NOT the business sector so your point is certainly valid.
    08-08-11 01:27 PM
    Could you take some pictures of newspaper print or perhaps something out of a book? Your shots of the CC looked good to me but not one of them was of the type that would be effected by lack of AF. We are speaking of detailed close up pictures such that would be taken as part of someones job. Like an insurance adjuster who takes pictures of specific areas of damage - service books on autos when the customer turns them end at end of lease, personal notes, etc. Ya know, business related stuff.

Like the following
    Out of curiosity what did you take this picture with?
    08-11-11 03:25 PM
    Out of curiosity what did you take this picture with?
    My blackberry bold 9650, a nearly two year old phone. My 1st generation blackberry Storm takes "as good of pictures"...
    ...This has been my point - that RIM went backwards lightyears.

It's never been my point or argument that RIM needs to compete with a digital SLR or even that RIM is behind the iphone or Droid when speaking of it's camera. It has been and is my point that on the 99XX RIM is behind itself by over 3 years because three years ago RIM was putting a significantly better camera in it's devices.

Here are some additional examples of what the now outdated Bold and 1st Generation BB Storm could do for shooting pics.
    08-11-11 03:59 PM
    Droool . . . come on Verizon release it already. I found a buyer for my Droid 3 so its sold lock stock and barrel now I just need the 9930 so I can activate so I don't lose my unlimited data
    08-11-11 08:46 PM
    [QUOTE=pythons;6560387]My blackberry bold 9650, a nearly two year old phone. My 1st generation blackberry Storm takes "as good of pictures"...
    ...This has been my point - that RIM went backwards lightyears.

I wish RIM would make a line of phones dedicated to true function which is their roots. And a line that has features that keep the iphone/droid crowd somewhat happy.

This new 9930 doesn't cut it with the pics it is producing now confirmed. I thought the Curve, Bold, names were suppose to handle these different markets. To me, the 9930 should be a Curve. Obviously, some use their phones just for personal use and to take pictures of friends at parties, kids, etc. I guess if my 9650's broke today, I would have to find used phone replacements to function as a decent document camera phone.

New products should at least have equal functionality as retired ones. Must say RIM has one strange CEO. With Motorola starting to release business centric android phones (Sprint Xpert and soon released PAX) , the hole is getting deeper.
    Last edited by lase532; 08-13-11 at 03:43 PM.
    08-13-11 02:14 AM
142 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD