So after many attempts to get a new BB, I decided to take advantage of the promo T-Mobile had this past weekend and was looking for the 9900 but the store I went to did not have any left and they only had the 9810.
    So I grabbed one thinking I would eventually love the phone and just be glad to have a OS 7 device. After a couple of minutes with the 9810 I was quickly convinced that this phone was not for me. The fact that the keyboard is a bit difficult to type on made it hard for me to keep it. My previous phones, 9700 & 9780 all had good keyboards and I was very satisfied with the screen size but was hoping to get a bigger screen, so the 9900 & 9810 made sense.
    I also found myself thinking how people can use the touch-screen keyboard on the 9810 and other phones when it is hard to type, unless you have very small fingers, but maybe that's just me.
    So long story short, I took the 9810 back to the T-Mo store and tried to exchange it and not get hit with their $50 stocking fee, this is ridiculous but that's how they make their $. I had to go to another retail store that had the 9900 and made the exchange.
    I ended up paying close to $300 for the phone and will get $250 back via the mail in rebate from T-Mobile, there is also a promo from RIM that they will send you some $ if you have recently purchased an OS 7 device so I will look into that as well.
    Very happy with my 9900 and love everything about it.
    02-16-12 10:25 AM
    Hey congrats on your 9900, i see you have made a good decision.
    To each their own, if you are not cool with it, then try to consider it right away.
    Well that's how they roll with rebates, that little money worth it?
    But aslong if you are happy with something, money is nothing compared to it.
    Have fun with it!
    02-16-12 10:36 AM
    Trust me you'll love it. I too went from 9700>9780>9900 and after a few weeks of the 9900, I tried the 9780 and foung it frustrating. What I did when I went to a TMO store, I asked for working models of the 9810 & 9900 to test. Like you, once I tried the keyboard on the 9810, I put it down, picked up the 9900 and never let go of it.
    02-16-12 10:39 AM
    In addition to the T-Mobile rebate, I also got a the offer for a 100 dollar rebate from RIM.

Make sure you read all the small print on the rebate form. There is a requirement that you complete one phone call in the fine print.
    02-16-12 11:30 AM
    perfect
    02-17-12 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD