Back in the day, I bought my first Zagg Invisibleshield for my iPod Classic. I came home and tried to do it all myself and it came out terrible in all honesty. After that, I started going to the cart at the mall and having the professional's do it for me. I didn't mind paying for the install.

Well now that zagg decided to put their logo on their items, I decided it was time to change. I heard good things about Best Skins Ever and their price was amazing compared to zagg, so I went with them. I got it today and I saw in the application instructions that you have to mix a solution in a bowl and whatnot. Is it hard to apply the skin yourself to the phone? Any suggestions or ways to minimize air bubbles?

Thank you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-31-11 01:56 AM
    Use a credit card to flatten out the screen protector after putting it on. This will move the bubbles off the edge of the screen.
    08-31-11 02:40 AM
    I do them all the time.
    You take the spray they give you and you spray the device (the water won't hurt it) then you spray the shield.
    Pry off half the shield from the paper, then cut off the paper so you have something to maneuver while you are holding the shield. Then, spray the side that just got removed from the paper. Place that part correctly, remove the bubbles with a credit card, the take the paper off the other part. Spray that part. Remove the bubbles.
    Make sure it's lined up and looks pretty.

TLDR
    Cut off half the protective paper to align, use a credit card to remove the bubbles, use a ton of the liquid.
    08-31-11 02:58 AM
    I do them all the time.
    You take the spray they give you and you spray the device (the water won't hurt it) then you spray the shield.
    Pry off half the shield from the paper, then cut off the paper so you have something to maneuver while you are holding the shield. Then, spray the side that just got removed from the paper. Place that part correctly, remove the bubbles with a credit card, the take the paper off the other part. Spray that part. Remove the bubbles.
    Make sure it's lined up and looks pretty.

TLDR
    Cut off half the protective paper to align, use a credit card to remove the bubbles, use a ton of the liquid.

There is no spray... I have to make my own. Only thing I'll miss about zagg. If I have a spare invisibleshield lying around for an ipod, can I use that spray for this BSE?

08-31-11 08:15 AM
    You can use the Zagg spray if you want. It's just soapy water.
    08-31-11 08:40 AM
    its easy peasy, just take your time... ive done this installation on about 7 diff devices...
    08-31-11 09:01 AM
    its easy peasy, just take your time... ive done this installation on about 7 diff devices...
    +1, yes, this is correct! Easy as can be. And oh by the way, the ZAGG logo is no big deal. It's small and nearly invisible so this is so blown out of shape it's ridiculous IMHO.
    08-31-11 09:40 AM
    Thank you for all the feedback. I'll give it a shot today!

08-31-11 12:00 PM
    I have heard that if you use some rubbing alcohol on the zagg screens before installing them it will remove the logo... Havent tried it so i dont know if its true, but ZAGG is by far better than BSE! Had BSE before and it was horrible-HATE THEM!
    08-31-11 12:03 PM
    BSE is just as good as ZAGG... i have both...

i just use my ZAGG spray bottle and do the exact same thing.. it;s just soap and water..

i usually use a blow dryer to help get rid of the bubbles and advance the curing process..

it works for me..

also if you don't like spaying a solution try this:

wrapsol | easiest to apply impact, drop + scratch protection systems for BlackBerry Bold 9900

same thing but u don't use a spray.. it's a little harder cause the material is harder to mold around corners but it's crystal clear and not orange peel like the wet protectors are.
    08-31-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD