That may be true. It depends on how they programmed it.
    Would be interesting to see if Canadians roaming on AT&T get the same message.

Todd
    we're a little off topic here but:

I'm pretty sure it's just the AT&T version of bridge... we just got an "OTA Bridge" ( i.e. files from other carrier) update this week before the Tablet OS update and everything seems to still be working.

On my phone right now, I have the OTA-Bridge Installed, under Application Management it shows v1.0.4.9.
    If I boot up App World, it shows v1.0.4.9 as the most current version that is available to download. App World does NOT think I already have bridge installed. It is giving me the option to download a fresh copy, even though I already have it.

I think it's because I didn't get the AT&T version from App World. AT&T took so long to "approve" Blackberry Bridge because they were busy altering it or twisting RIM's arm to make a special version for them.

back on topic: hopefully we can get a similar workaround for mobile hotspot
    07-23-11 06:26 PM
    That may be true. It depends on how they programmed it.
    Would be interesting to see if Canadians roaming on AT&T get the same message.

Todd
    I will try next week

I will be in the US and am a Rogers user
    07-23-11 06:38 PM
    I will try next week

I will be in the US and am a Rogers user
    My guess is that you will be fine - assuming you are bringing your Rogers phone with already functioning bridge on it. Only when you get Bridge from AT&T should people run into this problem (at least until other carriers follow...)

i don't know what kind of plan you have with Rogers, but just watch those roaming data charges
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 07-23-11 at 06:46 PM.
    07-23-11 06:43 PM
    My guess is that you will be fine - assuming you are bringing your Rogers phone with already functioning bridge on it. Only when you get Bridge from AT&T should people run into this problem (at least until other carriers follow...)

i don't know what kind of plan you have with Rogers, but just watch those roaming data charges
    I pay $1/MB while in the US, which is why I use Blackberry, when using iPhone the data usage in the US was about 4 times that of the blackberry
    07-23-11 06:48 PM
    do u still get the hour glass?
    07-23-11 07:20 PM
    Oh please dear looord say NO!
    07-23-11 07:22 PM
    That's been answered multiple times no is the answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 08:47 PM
    What is the hour glass?
    07-23-11 08:55 PM
    What is the hour glass?
    Just a polite warning from your BlackBerry to say 'Please wait, I'm thinking... and if you disturb me, I will crash on you'
    anon(3733516) likes this.
    07-23-11 08:59 PM
    Just a polite warning from your BlackBerry to say 'Please wait, I'm thinking... and if you disturb me, I will crash on you'
    And with a smile on its face when it crashes on you!
    07-23-11 09:04 PM
    Um sir.. It's OS7.. I'm sorry, but they took out the hour glass in OS6

I know you are referring to the loading symbol though, just pullin your leg
    07-23-11 10:18 PM
    can you make a video for us!!
    07-24-11 03:27 AM
    Me thinks this is a troll trolling everyone for attention! This guy has had 3 days now to post pics and he hasn't posted anything and has disappeared over the last day or so lol...also another rumor about a release date...why would we believe this guy? Who is he? He's nobody special...ROFL!!!

If this is legit then let's just say my post will get his pics posted pretty damn fast now ROFL...

I still say TROLL ON!
    Umm.. He answered a TON of question for everyone... You are the fkin troll..
    W1ll and brewkelyn like this.
    07-24-11 03:54 AM
    another important question can you text and listen to music or facebook and listen to music?
    07-24-11 03:57 AM
    another important question can you text and listen to music or facebook and listen to music?
    You can do that already on any BlackBerry... or did I just completely miss the sarcasm there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    2001bmw330xi likes this.
    07-24-11 04:11 AM
    ...you can do that from any blackberry, old or new.
    07-24-11 04:49 AM
    This guy has had 3 days now to post pics and he hasn't posted anything and has disappeared over the last day or so
    you can't expect people to sit around worrying about crackberry all day except for people who work at crackberry. Members are free to post whenever they want and whatever they want (within posting guidelines) - the OP owes us nothing. He's probably out living his life. If it crosses his mind, he'll come back to give us updates.

Once people get the product that they have been anticipating, a lot of people come onto a forum/message board less frequently unless they are having a problem or occasionally want to see what's new.
    abass and Shake like this.
    07-24-11 07:14 AM
    That's not what ratchetjaw meant. We all know that the BB browser wraps the text when using the magnifying glass, but it doesn't do so if you zoom individually. If you zoom in more without the magnifying glass to get the text size bigger, the text doesn't get wrapped and you have to swipe left and right. The Android browser always fits the text to the screen, no matter how much you zoom in.
    Right this is what I was referring too. Thank you for making it clearer.

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    07-24-11 07:40 AM
    Relax. He has a valid point. Anyone can answer questions. The guy has been nice in sharing info but he could be making it all up. We are all foaming at the mouth for this phone ans at this point will take any news we can get.
    07-24-11 08:22 AM
    Relax. He has a valid point. Anyone can answer questions. The guy has been nice in sharing info but he could be making it all up. We are all foaming at the mouth for this phone ans at this point will take any news we can get.
    you're right, he could be making it up - but this is the internet ; you should be taking it all with a grain of salt, even the photos you see (some people are reallly good at photoshop). Some of what you see/read is true, some of it is blatantly false, and there are often "exaggerated" truths.

just because we're all 'foaming at the mouth' doesn't mean we attack somebody and start calling them names (i.e. troll) for not providing us with updates. The 'news' the OP or any current 9900/9930 user gives you is purely voluntary. Even if they knew something and intentionally didn't tell you, that's their right and doesn't make him or her a "troll".

If this is legit then let's just say my post will get his pics posted pretty damn fast now ROFL...
    why? so he can 'defend' himself? I'm not saying you are right and I'm not saying you are wrong - but you can't assume it's fake just because he hasn't updated you; do you think people sit by their computers all day (or looks at their phone all day) hitting refresh and waiting for new posts? not likely.
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 07-24-11 at 08:50 AM.
    Shake likes this.
    07-24-11 08:45 AM
    I could pull answers out of my *** too if I wanted. The point is he hasn't answered with anything but information that's widely available already. It seems strange that someone who had one wouldn't want to show it off too, and still no pictures.
    07-24-11 09:19 AM
    ^this.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but as you put it, nothing has been shared that hasn't been found on the web.
    07-24-11 09:54 AM
    How much did it cost you?

I'm actually thinking of buying the 9780. Since I love the white design :3
    07-24-11 11:40 AM
    Well I agree that people shouldn't attack him. I will also say that although I have not played with one I do know a person who has a 9900.

She is a senior exec for a major worldwide security firm based out of Toronto and it was given to her by RIM.
    Last edited by Robert_LA; 07-24-11 at 11:53 AM.
    07-24-11 11:51 AM
    the people on these forums are very bitter. I see it over and over again. Name calling, rudeness, lying..its amazing. I just want the device to come out and will take any bit of info I can get. Go easy people, my god
    07-24-11 12:02 PM
292 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD