Can the screen be disabled? Also, does it have stereo speakers like the 9000?
    No, and why would you want to? Also, no it doesn't.
    07-23-11 10:12 AM
    Open calendar/menu/new alarm that can be recurring by day, week, month or year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You are the man!

07-23-11 10:13 AM
    I am aware each email account gets it's own colour

but let me expand this

on my Outlook my colours for calender entries are as follows
    Red: Business travel
    Blue: Business home
    Green: phone call
    yellow: personal events (bdays, picnics, anniversarys etc)
    Orange: Personal Travel
    Purple : Personal Home

many of these appointments involve me including other people who are tied to 1 specific email address, I don't want to invite a customer to a phone call with 1 email address, and then use another email address to plan a face to face, and another email address to insert that persons birthday into the calender.

I even want contact colour groupings, I have 94 group breakdowns in my outlook.
    Lol, did i mention I'm color blind? That would seriously confuse me.
    07-23-11 10:27 AM
    Hi Shake,
    [...]I don't understand your gapless audio question though.
    Load up (say) Dark Side of the Moon, and let it run. Do the tracks all play back sequentially and with no audible silence between them? That is, does it seem like all the individual tracks have been merged into one long track? (I'd be happy to help test this if you need me to. It's the one thing that my Tour doesn't do that I really wish it did, and so would be a trigger for me to upgrade.)
    07-23-11 11:02 AM
    How is the voice universal search feature? Will it work for voice to text etc? How do you like it?

Last edited by Gucci33; 07-23-11 at 11:13 AM.
    07-23-11 11:10 AM
    is the wikitude browser available? have you tried it out yet?
    07-23-11 11:19 AM
    Nothing. This normal for me though since my job is in the 'mobility' field.

Your are soooo lucky think you can get your good pal soren203 one for free to? jk jk cool post thoughh!

07-23-11 11:42 AM
    Keyboard feels tight, easy to type on, and they got the size perfect. I have pretty large hands and it fits nicely.

The touchscreen responsiveness is spot on. Although I find myself sort of forgetting that it is a touchscreen since I am so used to trackpads and trackballs. The backlighting gives the keyboard and trackpad a phenomenal looking glow. Texting in the dark is a breeze.

Another bad thing I jusy noticed... No Mobile HotSpot. Not good.

No hotspot...hmm, me thinks its an att unit.
    07-23-11 12:14 PM
    is the wikitude browser available? have you tried it out yet?
    +1 any AR action yet?
    07-23-11 12:35 PM
    No hotspot...hmm, me thinks its an att unit.
    He's made it pretty clear it's T-Mobile branded. Ha.

The release is still more than a month off, they could always activate the HotSpot feature before that time. All it would take is a service book.
    07-23-11 12:56 PM
    Okay thank you. Only browser I have seen do it is Android. Hopefully just double tap will be enough for my eyes

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    Blackberry's with OS 6 have always had word wrapping.

The important thing is to first go into your browser options and set the default font size, mine is at 11, save and exit.

Now when in your browser, go to a web page, they open up at a tiny font so you can see most of the page, then if your on a touch screen just double tap the text you want zoomed, it will zoom and wrap all text on the page to the big font size you chose. For a track pad device just center the magnifying glass over the text and the same thing happens.

The key is to set the font size you like in your options menu.
    quellerie likes this.
    07-23-11 01:05 PM
    Blackberry's with OS 6 have always had word wrapping.

The important thing is to first go into your browser options and set the default font size, mine is at 11, save and exit.

Now when in your browser, go to a web page, they open up at a tiny font so you can see most of the page, then if your on a touch screen just double tap the text you want zoomed, it will zoom and wrap all text on the page to the big font size you chose. For a track pad device just center the magnifying glass over the text and the same thing happens.

The key is to set the font size you like in your options menu.
    That's not what ratchetjaw meant. We all know that the BB browser wraps the text when using the magnifying glass, but it doesn't do so if you zoom individually. If you zoom in more without the magnifying glass to get the text size bigger, the text doesn't get wrapped and you have to swipe left and right. The Android browser always fits the text to the screen, no matter how much you zoom in.
    07-23-11 01:47 PM
    Wow, have watched all the videos and reading your post can not wait for Verizon to put this bad boy out!!!
    07-23-11 02:58 PM
    Wow, have watched all the videos and reading your post can not wait for Verizon to put this bad boy out!!!
    Same here; it's only a matter of time. I hope the rumor of the July 28th release date was true but as of now it seems doubtful. :/
    07-23-11 03:45 PM
    i wouldnt touch it until they enable mobile hot spot....come on rim. we need it for the playbook! bt tether blows as of right now on the pb. ur already taxing the bt with bridge and u made the mistake of not putting bt 3.0 on the pb....let us tether this thing at full 4g speed with mob hotspot!!!!
    07-23-11 04:44 PM
    Hey, Shake.....How is the call quality?????
    07-23-11 04:46 PM
    i wouldnt touch it until they enable mobile hot spot....come on rim. we need it for the playbook! bt tether blows as of right now on the pb. ur already taxing the bt with bridge and u made the mistake of not putting bt 3.0 on the pb....let us tether this thing at full 4g speed with mob hotspot!!!!
    Mobile hotspot is controlled by the carrior not rim

07-23-11 04:51 PM
    Hey, Shake.....How is the call quality?????
    Who makes calls these days on a BB???
    BBM, PIN, SMS and emails..... I think I make like 3-4 calls a day now...
    The call quality on the 9930 I had was great btw and I'm in a bad Verizon coverage area....

Todd
    07-23-11 04:55 PM

Correct. We were told by Verizon that the hardware supports it and the first release of the OS at launch will not have it but will on a later version.
    You never know with AT&T tho....

Todd
    07-23-11 04:58 PM

all it takes is installing a non carrier os release though if the device is capable of handling mobile hot spot though, right?

or is it more complicated than that?
    07-23-11 05:00 PM
    Correct. We were told by Verizon that the hardware supports it and the first release of the OS at launch will not have it but will on a later version.
    You never know with AT&T tho....

Todd
    i see, so its hardware/software dependent between carriers :/

hope one of gsm carrier enables it upon release or soon after
    07-23-11 05:02 PM
    all it takes is installing a non carrier os release though if the device is capable of handling mobile hot spot though, right?

this is exactly what i was thinking... see post #13: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...otspot-629255/
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 07-23-11 at 05:07 PM.
    07-23-11 05:03 PM

More complicated.
    Look at the PB as an example.
    I have a Rogers 9780 and a PlayBook. Up until AT&T official approved the Bridge app I could use the Bridge Browser. I upgraded to the latest once approved and now I cannot use the Bridge browser without getting the AT&T tethering plan. So, even on a Canadian BB they still knew I was on AT&T and blocked it. I have since downgraded again and can use Bridge browser with my 9780

Todd
    07-23-11 05:11 PM
    im of the opposite opinion: i think that looking at the pb/bridge is an exact example of why using files from other carriers could make this work.

More complicated.
    Look at the PB as an example.
    I have a Rogers 9780 and a PlayBook. Up until AT&T official approved the Bridge app I could use the Bridge Browser. I upgraded to the latest once approved and now I cannot use the Bridge browser without getting the AT&T tethering plan. So, even on a Canadian BB they still knew I was on AT&T and blocked it. I have since downgraded again and can use Bridge browser with my 9780

Todd

you upgraded to the latest what.. Bridge Software on your 9780? If so, that was your problem - you used an AT&T supplied Bridge that disabled the bridge browser unless tethering was detected on your plan. Carriers/RIM can control the apps that you see in App World, hence OTA links, side-loading, etc. You can still use the newest, most updated version of Bridge, just not the one from App World.
    Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 07-23-11 at 05:18 PM.
    07-23-11 05:16 PM
    im of the opposite opinion: i think that looking at the pb/bridge is an exact example of why using files from other carriers could make this work.

you upgraded to the latest what.. Bridge Software on your 9780? If so, that was your problem - you used an AT&T supplied Bridge that disabled the bridge browser unless tethering was detected on your plan. Carriers/RIM can control the apps that you see in App World, hence OTA links, side-loading, etc. You can still use the newest, most updated version of Bridge, just not the one from App World.
    That may be true. It depends on how they programmed it.
    Would be interesting to see if Canadians roaming on AT&T get the same message.

Todd
    07-23-11 05:34 PM
292 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD