I'm pretty sure Verizon will carry the 9930, just like Sprint.
    Yea, without a doubt Verizon will carry the 9930 but I'm concerned with the date. I'd rather it be sooner than later.
    07-22-11 11:10 PM
    Definitely very responsive. The screen paints with more map data in about a second... Maybe two. It doesn't matter if I zoom in or out or scroll around. It's quick.
    Awesome. You can pinch to zoom though or not? How does zooming work?

The reason I ask is because they seemed to have changed up the app and I wonder if they changed features to be more suited towards the power of the new hardware, which it seems they did.

How long does it take to boot up and lock on to you? Lastly, is there live turn by turn navigation like google maps or does it just lay out each turn?
    07-22-11 11:13 PM
    You said no nfc, but isn't that probably a feature to come later with a os update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I never said no NFC. I said no WiFi Hotspot. I am not sure what to test the NFC functionality on or how I would go about doing it.

Now that I checked... No NFC. it's supposed to be under Manage Connections, but is not listed.
    Last edited by Shake; 07-22-11 at 11:16 PM.
    07-22-11 11:14 PM
    You said no nfc, but isn't that probably a feature to come later with a os update?

I think there is NFC. I didn't see Shake say it didn't but if he did, I'm sure it's coming. They have been making it pretty clear it will have it on the 99xx at App World. They even showed it in action.

The 9850/9860/9810 though....not so sure at this point. I would think they would but there is no sign of it yet in simulators or those that have it.

Edit: I see he didn't.
    07-22-11 11:14 PM
    I'm sorry I meant no hotspot from what I understand that is up to the carriers to release or not.

07-22-11 11:16 PM
    Thanks Shake. BlackBerry on steroids is all I'm asking for.
    07-22-11 11:23 PM
    I'm sorry I meant no hotspot from what I understand that is up to the carriers to release or not.

I am sure if the carriers can make money off of it, they will add it.
    07-22-11 11:23 PM
    Any other options or features os7 has over os6 that impress you?

07-22-11 11:31 PM
    Thanks Shake. BlackBerry on steroids is all I'm asking for.
    Yeah... This is definitely appealing to the blackberry loyalist. I can't say enough about the keyboard, screen, and overall look and feel of the hardware. Just awesome. It's so thin and light. The backlighting of the keyboard reminds me of Tron for some reason (nerd alert). Just outlines everything and highlights the letters on the keys perfectly. The right side convenience key feels like the placed it a little low on the edge, but you won't accidentally bump it like on previous models. The location will take some getting used to.
    john_v likes this.
    07-22-11 11:32 PM
    How is the camera and video?

07-22-11 11:38 PM
    Any other options or features os7 has over os6 that impress you?

Nothing that really gives a 'wow' type response. It's clearly a BB OS. Just refined. Cleaner icons and graphics. A few new minor options like BlackBerry ID. Not sure what this will he used for beyond App World. There is something called Smart Accessories which seems to be for some sort of USB dock. BlackBerry Protect is now installed with the OS. Documents To Go feels more useable with the pinch zoom and they updated its interface.
    07-22-11 11:42 PM
    Keyboard feels tight, easy to type on, and they got the size perfect. I have pretty large hands and it fits nicely.

The touchscreen responsiveness is spot on. Although I find myself sort of forgetting that it is a touchscreen since I am so used to trackpads and trackballs. The backlighting gives the keyboard and trackpad a phenomenal looking glow. Texting in the dark is a breeze.

Another bad thing I jusy noticed... No Mobile HotSpot. Not good.

Does it look like theyre going to put hotspot on it before its official release? ive never had a blackberry but when i see people type on it, it looks like they cant type really fast one thing im paranoid about switching from droid to bb is that reason enlighten me more about the keyboard
    07-22-11 11:44 PM
    How is the camera and video?

Fantastic. HD video recording... Just looks unbelievable. Really crisp. The camera is great too. I took a picture in a dark room and the flash lit the room up nicely to provide a really nice photo.
    Guatiao likes this.
    07-22-11 11:46 PM
    Sounds amazing I am trying to think of more questions to ask. You have done a awesome job answering everyone!

07-22-11 11:50 PM
    Sorry for repetitive adjectives, but I am running out of words to describe this thing. If you are expecting an OS overhaul, that didn't happen. I feel partial since I have been waiting for a BB like this for so long, but I assume most people here are of that same mindset.
    07-22-11 11:50 PM
    Sorry for repetitive adjectives, but I am running out of words to describe this thing. If you are expecting an OS overhaul, that didn't happen. I feel partial since I have been waiting for a BB like this for so long, but I assume most people here are of that same mindset.
    I am excited to retire my 9700 and show up all the iphone friends that BB is back!

07-22-11 11:52 PM
    No problem! I wish everyone could have one right now!
    07-22-11 11:53 PM
    Is social feeds and or facebook updated?

What options does it give to send videos to ie email, bbm, fb, youtube etc?

07-22-11 11:53 PM
    Is social feeds and or facebook updated?

What options does it give to send videos to ie email, bbm, fb, youtube etc?

Okay so you got the wrong guy here for this. I don't tweet or MyFace or SpaceBook. The feeds do seem to allow you to incorporate BBM somehow. Also, news/RSS feeds are within the social feeds app. Podcasts too. The best word I can use to describe it - synergy.
    07-23-11 12:03 AM
    I am sure if the carriers can make money off of it, they will add it.
    the hotspot on the ip4s are enabled so if the 9900 has the hardware, i don't see why it wouldn't be enbled when its available to the general public. I'm beginning to think that the hardware is not there and that would really suck. Someone tell me i'm wrong before i consider an ip5!.
    07-23-11 12:03 AM
    the hotspot on the ip4s are enabled so if the 9900 has the hardware, i don't see why it wouldn't be enbled when its available to the general public. I'm beginning to think that the hardware is not there and that would really suck. Someone tell me i'm wrong before i consider an ip5!.
    It's possible. But remember, the iPhone 4 was out a long time on AT&T with out the Hotspot capability. It wasn't until verizon came to the table with their iPhone that the feature was enabled on all iPhone 4s.
    07-23-11 12:09 AM
    Shake if you could answer the questions from my last post I'd appreciate it. Just making sure you didn't miss it.

Also if you could post photos taken that would be awesome!
    07-23-11 12:11 AM
    Agreed. High res unaltered pics please.
    07-23-11 12:12 AM
    It's possible. But remember, the iPhone 4 was out a long time on AT&T with out the Hotspot capability. It wasn't until verizon came to the table with their iPhone that the feature was enabled on all iPhone 4s.
    Shake, thanks so much for helping out rest of the members! If you go to browser and look for options. Is there an option for for column view?

How is the alarm application, any options for multiple alarm option (not a big deal, really just curious)

How about good old bbery programs like Viigo, shortcutme, berrybuzz (whatever you may have). All working fine for you?
    07-23-11 12:14 AM
    Awesome. You can pinch to zoom though or not? How does zooming work?

The reason I ask is because they seemed to have changed up the app and I wonder if they changed features to be more suited towards the power of the new hardware, which it seems they did.

How long does it take to boot up and lock on to you? Lastly, is there live turn by turn navigation like google maps or does it just lay out each turn?
    Maps does pinch zoom. And really well. It loads quickly with the cellular location first and took about 20-30 seconds to get my more specific GPS location. It's within 16 feet. I will let you know about the navigation tomorrow, since I am not going anywhere tonight.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    07-23-11 12:25 AM
292 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD