For those waiting... It will not disappoint. Nothing incredibly revolutionary here, but if you are a crackberry addict, it's exactly what you have wanted. The only thing I dislike so far is the home screen panel that locks you into two rows of icons. I prefer the single row. I haven't looked at themes yet, so there may be one out there that accomplishes this. I just have been messing with everything native so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 07:05 PM
    07-22-11 07:08 PM
    For those waiting... It will not disappoint. Nothing incredibly revolutionary here, but if you are a crackberry addict, it's exactly what you have wanted. The only thing I dislike so far is the home screen panel that locks you into two rows of icons. I prefer the single row. I haven't looked at themes yet, so there may be one out there that accomplishes this. I just have been messing with everything native so far.
    Congrats! I'm envious.

As for the icons, it doesn't lock you into two rows. If you grab the headline bar (All, Favorites, Media, etc.), you can drag it up or down to lock it into which orientation you prefer.

So if you want one row, drag that so it only shows one arrow. From now on it will default to one row when you switch between the full screen of icons or back to the minimal view. You can even have it hide all of the icons if you bring it all the way down to the bottom of the screen. Hope that is what you were wondering.
    07-22-11 07:11 PM
    Congratulations...is it a carrier unit?
    07-22-11 07:13 PM
    Keyboard feels tight, easy to type on, and they got the size perfect. I have pretty large hands and it fits nicely.

The touchscreen responsiveness is spot on. Although I find myself sort of forgetting that it is a touchscreen since I am so used to trackpads and trackballs. The backlighting gives the keyboard and trackpad a phenomenal looking glow. Texting in the dark is a breeze.

Another bad thing I jusy noticed... No Mobile HotSpot. Not good.

Guatiao and SVietNam like this.
    07-22-11 07:15 PM
    Congratulations...is it a carrier unit?
    Yes and no. I can't explain the details, but it is carrier branded - US carrier.

07-22-11 07:18 PM
    Congrats! I'm envious.

As for the icons, it doesn't lock you into two rows. If you grab the headline bar (All, Favorites, Media, etc.), you can drag it up or down to lock it into which orientation you prefer.

So if you want one row, drag that so it only shows one arrow. From now on it will default to one row when you switch between the full screen of icons or back to the minimal view. You can even have it hide all of the icons if you bring it all the way down to the bottom of the screen. Hope that is what you were wondering.
    Perfect! Thanks for that!

07-22-11 07:20 PM
    The speed of everything is amazing. Just instantaneous. I have been through just about every model you can think of and can't remember a berry being like this the first time I picked it up. Even the boot time is reasonable after reboots. No more waiting 2-4 minutes. I am pretty much floored by it so far. Feel free to fire away with questions and I will try to answer.

Guatiao and jasmeeroberoi like this.
    07-22-11 07:25 PM
    How much did they charge you for it since it hasn't been officially released yet?
    07-22-11 07:28 PM
    Is it a good bb for a crackberry newcomer like me ?
    07-22-11 07:30 PM
    I am so ready to buy this phone. I hope it comes out in the next month from TMO. Have you tried the speakers? I actually really like the sound on my 9700 but heard the 9900 was better. Are you enjoying the web browsing? I'm not interested in browser racing between platforms, I'm just curious if you find it to be good. Thanks for taking our questions by the way.
    07-22-11 07:30 PM
    The speed of everything is amazing. Just instantaneous. I have been through just about every model you can think of and can't remember a berry being like this the first time I picked it up. Even the boot time is reasonable after reboots. No more waiting 2-4 minutes. I am pretty much floored by it so far. Feel free to fire away with questions and I will try to answer.

Is it a GSM carrier or CDMA?
    07-22-11 07:31 PM
    Nothing. This normal for me though since my job is in the 'mobility' field.

07-22-11 07:32 PM
    GSM. Like the subject says... 9900.

07-22-11 07:32 PM
    Nice, can we expect any review soon (detailed)
    07-22-11 07:33 PM
    Congrats you lucky ducky! I don't like you. Just kidding.

Are there any changes to the calendar?
    07-22-11 07:35 PM
    Is it a good bb for a crackberry newcomer like me ?
    Depends if you are looking for an iPhone wannabe or want a blackberry on steroids. This is a blackberry on steroids. I would recommend it for sure.

Kevstra and Jones2020 like this.
    07-22-11 07:35 PM
    any light leaks around the bezel if you're in a dark or semi dark place? That's what drove me nuts about the 9700.
    07-22-11 07:37 PM
    Depends if you are looking for an iPhone wannabe or want a blackberry on steroids. This is a blackberry on steroids. I would recommend it for sure.

Nice thanks !!
    07-22-11 07:40 PM
    Pictures or videos about it :3 ?
    07-22-11 07:40 PM
    So you still have to do battery pulls?? Not much of an improvement...

07-22-11 07:43 PM
    What version of OS 7 is it? Did you procure a retail unit? If so, what came in the box?

Also, pics are always appreciated
    07-22-11 07:43 PM
    There's usually some form of case included... A holster or a pocket or something. That's what I'm interested in, specifically.
    07-22-11 07:46 PM
    I am so ready to buy this phone. I hope it comes out in the next month from TMO. Have you tried the speakers? I actually really like the sound on my 9700 but heard the 9900 was better. Are you enjoying the web browsing? I'm not interested in browser racing between platforms, I'm just curious if you find it to be good. Thanks for taking our questions by the way.
    The sound is great. Loud, clear and crisp.

The web browsing is fantastic. The slightly larger screen makes quite a difference to me as I have been using the Bold/Curve/Tour style for years. Like I said before, just do to habit I am using the trackpad. When I remind myself to scroll, pinch zoom, tap, and tap zoom, I really am impressed with how quickly and accurately it reacts. If you are used to iPhone or android, it's much closer to those types of browsers now. Of course, the screen is still smaller then those devices so it's not as good for viewing.
    halebw, Guatiao and grover5 like this.
    07-22-11 07:51 PM
    There's usually some form of case included... A holster or a pocket or something. That's what I'm interested in, specifically.
    In this situation, a case was not included.
    07-22-11 07:52 PM
292 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD