So I have my 9930 on Verizon but I didn't add visual voicemail. When I was on sprint I had an android phone with Google Voice, which I used for voicemail. I was wondering how to create the same setup on my Bold. I have Google Voice on it now but it only shows all of my old voicemails and none of my new ones. Any tips on how to set it up properly?

Thanks
    12-14-11 11:10 AM
    my GV voicemails roll over to my phones VM system.
    12-14-11 11:14 AM
    I prefer to keep em separate from my 9930's voicemail.

I'm still not sure what the OP is asking for. What exactly is this "setup" you speak of?
    12-14-11 11:22 AM
    I mean I want to use Google Voice for voicemail. Whenever I have a new voicemail I will just use the app to check it instead of having to call my voicemail through Verizon.
    12-14-11 12:03 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the same for CDMA, but on my 9900 I think this is what you're looking for:

Go into Options - Call Management - Call Forwarding
    Change Forward Calls to Conditional
    Set all (or some) of the Call Forwarding Numbers to your Google Voice number

I hope this works for you.
    12-14-11 01:26 PM
    When I was on Sprint, I had an Evo. In the settings menu there was an option for voicemail; to use either the carrier or Google Voice if you had the app installed. I would still get all my phone calls with my normal number but all voicemails came through Google Voice. That's what I'm trying to do with my Bold.
    12-14-11 01:33 PM
    When I was on Sprint, I had an Evo. In the settings menu there was an option for voicemail; to use either the carrier or Google Voice if you had the app installed. I would still get all my phone calls with my normal number but all voicemails came through Google Voice. That's what I'm trying to do with my Bold.
    That's exactly what the options I just posted does for me. Calls come directly to my phone unless I'm unavailable, in which case they're forwarded to Google Voice instead of my carrier voice mail.

Do you not have those options on the CDMA Bold?
    12-14-11 01:50 PM
    I haven't been able to find it. From what I've read around the internet, it doesn't look like the CDMA Bold can do call forwarding. That's no good.
    12-14-11 03:24 PM
    Visual voicemail is available for the 9930?? On sprint??
    12-14-11 03:29 PM
    Strange. I get visual voicemail on my cdma 9650. Try going into google voice setting on the computer and looking at the voicemail options there.
    12-14-11 03:31 PM
    I switched to Verizon and got the 9930. I'll try going through my computer to see.
    12-14-11 04:36 PM
    I can get it on Verizon too. I just would have to pay for it. I want to see if I can use Google Voice like I did when on Sprint before I do that.
    12-14-11 04:37 PM
    Try following these call forwarding instructions for Verizon, inserting your Google Voice number as the destination.

"Conditional call forwarding" - Verizon Wireless Community

EDIT: By the way, even on GSM networks, the forwarding is done in the network, not by the phone itself. When I go into the options page I mentioned earlier, the phone accesses my settings from the network. It doesn't save that locally.
    Last edited by xeju; 12-14-11 at 04:59 PM.
    12-14-11 04:55 PM
    This seems like it could work. Thanks, I really appreciate that. I tried doing it though Voice settings. I thought it would work after I updated my phone an stuff. It was working for voicemail but I was never getting any notification that people were calling me.
    12-14-11 05:14 PM
    I setup my google voicemail from the google voice page. Just make sure you setup your new number. Then I have the Google Voice app (download Here from your phone browser) which updates when I have a GVmail
    12-14-11 05:55 PM
    Just get YouMail. Much more convenient.
    12-15-11 12:09 AM
    I think that will be the final step in this. I may have to give up on Google Voice.
    12-15-11 08:57 AM
    i did mine through the google voice website. there was no call forwarding required.
    1. download the app and set it up
    2. go to https://www.google.com/voice.
    3. go into your settings and find your phone number
    4. click activate voicemail
    5. follow the prompts(just call the number they tell you to call)
    6. grab someone's phone and test it out.

That is how i did mine.
    12-17-11 10:14 PM
    i did mine through the google voice website. there was no call forwarding required.
    1. download the app and set it up
    2. go to https://www.google.com/voice.
    3. go into your settings and find your phone number
    4. click activate voicemail
    5. follow the prompts(just call the number they tell you to call)
    6. grab someone's phone and test it out.

That is how i did mine.
    I did all of that. However, for some reason, no phone calls appeared. I would all of sudden get an email saying I had a new voicemail but no notification of a phonecall. Did this happen to you?
    12-18-11 02:23 PM
    I did all of that. However, for some reason, no phone calls appeared. I would all of sudden get an email saying I had a new voicemail but no notification of a phonecall. Did this happen to you?

No, my google voice work right away as soon as I did what I had previously mentioned. it does not notify right away. Since I am having issuses with battery power, I have mine set to refresh every 30 minutes in the background. I will tinker around a little more to see why yours is not working.
    12-19-11 12:33 AM
    It works fine for me on my 9930. I get emails with text of what the voicemail is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 08:47 PM
    I'm telling you, just get YouMail, it's so much more convenient and separates your regular mobile line from you GV line. And it's all push, no sync unlike how parts of GV is. Try it, if you don't like it resort to something else.
    12-20-11 01:15 AM
    I'm telling you, just get YouMail, it's so much more convenient and separates your regular mobile line from you GV line. And it's all push, no sync unlike how parts of GV is. Try it, if you don't like it resort to something else.
    I'm not gonna download it, but it looks like more crap nagware with unknown security risks... "Ad-supported", "Read-it services, for a low monthly fee". GV has all that with no fee and a better... level of trust... than a random nagware app provider in AppWorld asking for access to nearly every aspect of my phone.
    12-20-11 02:32 AM
    The Google Voice app is pretty crappy. I have manual refresh selected because it doesn't do push. Having your GV SMS and Voice mail alerts forwarded to your email is your best option to receive notice right away.
    12-20-11 06:18 AM
    I'm not gonna download it, but it looks like more crap nagware with unknown security risks... "Ad-supported", "Read-it services, for a low monthly fee". GV has all that with no fee and a better... level of trust... than a random nagware app provider in AppWorld asking for access to nearly every aspect of my phone.
    I've used YouMail for years, with no problem. If you don't trust the app, you don't actually need it to use the service. YouMail will send an email to your phone instantly, with an option to play the message that was left for you. You just can't delete messages etc. without the app, but you can always do that sort of thing once in a while on a computer. There's no fee unless you want the transcription service, which I don't care about.
    12-20-11 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD