Here's an odd thing ...
    When roaming on my UK network and searching with Google on my 9900 browser, results keep landing on the wrong country home page, most recent google.nl
    I get the same (google.nl) results when using google search from Opera Mini on network searches.
    If on my home or work WiFi Google searches land on the UK site.

I don't thinks it's the network itself as I had previously experienced this when using a different provider several months ago. Somehow I cleared the problem but I'm not sure how.

Has anybody experienced this problem and do they know a fix?

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    10-28-15 04:00 PM
    I've been searching for a solution to that... i'm currently experiencing it myself..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-29-15 12:22 PM
    It's because of BIS - your IP location is not where your phone currently is, but where the BlackBerry data center is located your phone is currently connected to. On my 9900, I'd often get Google Nigeria, even though I was in Europe - just because BIS routed my traffic through their network center in Nigeria.
    10-30-15 05:03 AM
    It's because of BIS - your IP location is not where your phone currently is, but where the BlackBerry data center is ....
    That seems a plausible explanation but is a rather depressing thought as I can't see an easy fix to the problem. On the other hand if that is the cause why has it only recently become a problem - do BIS connections change base country on a regular basis?

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using CB Tapatalk
    10-30-15 03:30 PM
    That seems a plausible explanation but is a rather depressing thought as I can't see an easy fix to the problem. On the other hand if that is the cause why has it only recently become a problem - do BIS connections change base country on a regular basis?
    There is no "fix" to this, because you cannot influence which center your BlackBerry will connect to.

The BIS connections do change country every now and then, but it's relatively random - so you might be connected to the one in London for a few weeks, then get Nigeria for a few days, then to the Netherlands for a bit etc.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    11-01-15 02:18 AM