Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the "clock" when initially starting up Google Maps! it starts up slower then my torch did.. i don't have the "clock" issue with anything else on the phone...

it does it on both mine and my wife's 9900's

Mine: .296
    Wife: .261

it takes a good 30sec - 1min to initialize then after then it's pretty fast!

i don't know if it's because the code is not optimized for OS7 or what but it;s annoying when ur trying to find somewhere to go and navigate to!
    08-24-11 08:58 AM
    Man, Gmaps has done that in all my BBs, I think it's Google's way to screw us. BB maps is instant, if only it showed traffic color coded freeways!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 10:16 AM
    Man, Gmaps has done that in all my BBs, I think it's Google's way to screw us. BB maps is instant, if only it showed traffic color coded freeways!

it does show traffic colour coded freeways
    08-24-11 10:39 AM
    My BB maps doesn't show colour-coded traffic on freeways either...

Is this only a US thing? ... or perhaps you have BB traffic installed and it somehow interacting with BB Maps...

Googly maps starts off slow, but not as slowly as you mentioned in your original post. Seems quicker on startup than on my ol 9780...
    my bad.. i mis-read his comment...

google has colour coded traffic but BBmaps doesn't... sorry for the confusion
    08-24-11 12:27 PM
    Something is wrong with either your phone or GMaps itself...

Average startup lag on an old OS5/6 device on 4.5.3 was about 10seconds or so.
    On the 9900/30 it's like 1-2 seconds or less...
    08-24-11 01:02 PM
    Try leaving traffic off before you close it, it will start faster

08-24-11 10:05 PM
    Google Maps has never started up as quickly for me as it does in OS 7.
    08-24-11 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD