Somehow, on both my 9930 and my google calendar, I now have duplicate entries of almost every appointment. Some have three entries, some have 10, some have almost 30! It's the strangest thing. I've viewed only the calendars for my other email addresses, and they're pretty clear. But the gmail calendar is duplicating everything at an alarming rate.

Little help?
    09-08-11 08:39 AM
    Are you using GSync? If so, delete it. It is no longer needed.
    09-08-11 11:14 AM
    Are you using GSync? If so, delete it. It is no longer needed.
    I did not "trust" the sync stuff via the email setup so I downloaded Google Sync and it does the job fine.

I should just leave those 'contacts' and 'calender' boxes checked in the email set up to see if that will automatically take care of things.
    09-08-11 12:38 PM
    I had googlesync on to bring my contacts over I dont need that I can delete it?
    09-08-11 05:14 PM
    I had the same issue when I added some appointments. I think it is a problem with running Google Sync and having wireless update activated for my gmail account. It probably giving the double whammy overkill knockout blow POW!!!
    09-09-11 10:34 AM
    I had the same problem and eventually gave up on Google for my calendar needs.

Now I use the BBM to calendar share and it works great, however the calendar cannot be accessed via a computer only via a bb.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Stingstar; 09-10-11 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    09-10-11 07:34 AM
    I had the same problem. In email options in your Gmail account on your BB uncheck sync calendar and contacts. Just use Google sync. I had to use Google sync to get my other calendars. Wife's and kids and work. Worked like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 08:19 AM
    You either use google sync or built in sync which you can see when setting up gmail. I stopped using google sync long time back.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-10-11 08:22 AM
    Is there any way to mass delete all the dup gmail calendar entries? I have so many dups that I cannot see the calendar entries. Also, my 9780 is losing gmail contacts -- randomly -- on both my bb and pc. Ideas/suggestions? Thx.
    09-12-11 07:47 AM
    Is there any way to mass delete all the dup gmail calendar entries? I have so many dups that I cannot see the calendar entries. Also, my 9780 is losing gmail contacts -- randomly -- on both my bb and pc. Ideas/suggestions? Thx.
    Nope. That's the horrific nightmare that is Google Sync with a BlackBerry. I had to go in and manually do it all. I found something somewhere that would show duplicates, but it seemed more tedious than simply going in and removing said items.

But I found it fast before it make ten entries.
    09-12-11 10:11 AM
    I finally fixed mine I think. I just unchecked the google synch option for calendar so it doesn't sync it and it still syncs with the normal bb integrated functions.

Not sure if that made sense.
    09-12-11 04:41 PM
    Yes there is a way of mass deleting. You hook your phone up to desktop manager (DM) and click Device --> delete data. Then from there you can select selective delete and choose the calendar.
    09-12-11 10:57 PM
    I had the same problem. In email options in your Gmail account on your BB uncheck sync calendar and contacts. Just use Google sync. I had to use Google sync to get my other calendars. Wife's and kids and work. Worked like a charm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How can I sync the Delegate calendars from G'mail without having to use the separate GoogleSync app?
    09-13-11 02:44 AM
    same here, how can i solve this problem
    02-08-12 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD