Hello everyone,

I know many of you have a Google Calendar that you are synchronizing with your Blackberry.
    I recently bought myself a 9900 and i am unfortunately experiencing terrible battery life (and this is coming from a 9000 user, so i wasn't really spoiled) so i am getting rid of all the applications i can so i can hopefully get through the entire day.

So I would like to ditch Google Sync and use the BIS Google synchronization, but the last time i tried it, i noticed that many calendars entries weren't properly synced or modified (especially if i was modifying an already existing entry, for example shifting a slot to an hour later, or something like that).

I only have one calendar to sync, and my contacts only have the phone number attached (and sometimes the "company" too). I really need above all the calendars entries to be properly synced.

Is there anybody perfectly satisfied with the native BIS sync?

Thank you very much in advance.
    09-24-11 08:44 AM
    I have used BIS and synced with my Outlook calendar for years and it has worked perfectly.
    09-24-11 09:02 AM
    Yep, works fine for me. However it takes a while for it to show the changes, but yea it works.
    09-24-11 09:27 AM
    I have used BIS sync on both my 9650 and now my 9930 w/ (crosses fingers) no issues..syncs mail/contacts/calendar fine. I don't really see a need for google sync app anymore.
    09-24-11 09:28 AM
    My Google Sync works fine. I have my own website setup with Google domain services and it sync fine. The only problem is that Contacts are not good at all! In fact it creates duplicates so I just stop using them.
    09-24-11 09:47 AM
    My Google Sync works fine. I have my own website setup with Google domain services and it sync fine. The only problem is that Contacts are not good at all! In fact it creates duplicates so I just stop using them.

You mean your BIS Sync?
    Yeah i read this many times about the contacts being duplicated. It's due to the fact that some fields are not being synced well. But as i said, i shouldn't have this problem as my contacts are very "light" on that side!

Thank you everybody for the answers! I will try the BIS Sync as soon as I will wipe my phone, i will keep you informed/
    09-24-11 12:54 PM
    With the 9930 I decided to try BIS sync and it didn't take long before I switched back to the app. Contacts are big for me and at first it was fine, but all of a sudden I started getting dupes and it just pissed me off so I got rid of it and went back to the app. If it weren't for that, I would have stayed with BIS sync DESPITE it not being able to sync any other calendar besides your main one. The contacts getting duplicated and its finicky setup and the lack of a better calendar setup broke the camel's back and I went back to the app.
    09-24-11 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD