I disagree. My iPhone 4 web browsing experience isn't better then my Torch. The ONLY advantage the iphone has over the torch is the screen size.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not the screen size only, it has smoother scrolling, pinch to zoom than the torch
    And more importantly the Retina Display, it makes browsing on the iPhone 4 superb,

07-31-11 01:18 PM
    My advice to everyone is, get the phone that BEST suits your needs, NOT your sisters, brothers, friends, cousins, uncles, aunts, mailman, dog, etc.
    Write a list of what you want in a device and decide from there. You cannot compare a Blackberry to an iPhone or Android. They are completely different devices. I have the iPhone4, Android, Nokia (Symbian Anna) and of course Blackberry. I have 2 lines and tried everyone device on my main line. I keep going back to my Blackberry as my main device. It does everything I need it to do. It's a personal preference. Having said that, I am definitely getting the 9900.
    07-31-11 02:11 PM
    ill leave any phone for the 9900
    07-31-11 02:20 PM
    Who said the Torch can't open pdf's??

Any Blackberry user will say that...
    ...It certainly can't open a 4.5mb PDF.

Imagine yourself in a car with several other people headed for a business lunch...
    ...You "all" get an email with a .pdf attachment for building plans.
    ...You are the ONLY one in the car using a Blackberry.

If you want to open the .pdf and see the plans YOU will have to borrow an iphone or Driod to see it....
    ...Thus, the once mobile device juggernaut Blackberry.
    ...Due to a failure of "research in motion" has reduced itself to a "Fisher Price Phone".
    Last edited by pythons; 08-01-11 at 03:22 PM.
    07-31-11 06:22 PM
    I have a nexus s and a curve 3g(for work) and I'll be getting the new bold to replace my nexus s. I'm not sure if I'll like the keyboard, I hated the keyboard on the 9700 but love it on the curve. I'll definitely give it a try. I can always return it after 2 weeks.

07-31-11 06:30 PM
    since at&t is getting the iphone 5 first, i'll get to play with iphone 5,9810,9860,9900, all before choosing. i want to really see what beefed up specs did apple pull out of the hat trick for the iphone 5. i also want to see what kind of design does apple go with this time. i absolutely hated the iphone 4 design feel in the hand for everyday use. i can say for certain now that android will not be an option for me for my upgrade. it's going to be between apple/blackberry or i could get 1 bb/1 iphone 5. now its just the waiting game. hopefully at&t picks up the pace since im not going to ditch them for another carrier just for new phones.
    07-31-11 06:48 PM
    BB 9900 all they way. I refuse to get an Iphone 1-5 or Iphone 25.....granted they are slick, but I don't like being tied to Itunes for anything and everything.
    But, you're ok with being tied to the RIM server?
    07-31-11 08:22 PM
    Of course you have no way of knowing that, it's just a guess.

NO. It was stated that Verizon, Sprint and T-Mo would be getting the 99xx in August and that AT&T are getting the 9900 in November, which would be technically AFTER the supposed release of the iPhone 5.

You're the one who's guessing they're right. You're NOT.
    07-31-11 08:45 PM
    For me its either blackberry or windows 7/8. I own an iTouch so I don't need another apple product. More than likely it will be a bold but the new windows phones look interesting.
    07-31-11 08:56 PM
    I think most people either like the iPhone or the BlackBerry. I'm using a Curve 8900 and it serve me very well. I'm switching to the Bold 9900 as soon as it's available. I asked my sister and my fiance who are also using the Curve 8900 what phone they are going to get next. They both told me they want the Bold 9900. My sister is with AT&T and if the iPhone5 is out before the Bold 9900 so it will be interesting to see if she will stick with her initial decision.
    08-01-11 12:39 AM
    It's purely a matter of knowing what side of their bread gets the butter. The iPhone 5 will get tons more buyers than the 9900 simply because of it being "the new iPhone".

Don't care how slick the 9900 is...the iPhone 5 will still outsell it, because the general public thinks the iPhone is the greatest thing.
    but dude don't you think that BB was the leader of the market before the iPhone came in..... it still can rule the market with some crazy cell-phones - a invisible BB can help!!
    08-01-11 05:47 AM
    I think the best solution is get the blackberry and an iPod touch when the 5th generation will come out, or even the 4th generation that is out now. The iPod touch is exactly like the iPhone, but it's around $250 with no phone contract. All you don't get is the phone, but you have that on the blackberry! This way you'll have the best of both worlds!
    08-01-11 07:54 AM
    but dude don't you think that BB was the leader of the market before the iPhone came in..... it still can rule the market with some crazy cell-phones - a invisible BB can help!!
    The market has changed.
    08-01-11 07:54 AM
    Actually got to use a 9900 this weekend. The phone is amazing. Its very well built. Has the best keyboard ever made. The touchscreen works very well. The whole phone is fast and just flies. Web browsing is really nice on it, the screen is actually big enough and web pages load very quickly. Its definitely the best blackberry ever made. In the end though it is just another blackberry. So its great for those that love blackberry, but its not an iPhone or android or meego or windows phone. If you want an iPhone, then get an iPhone. If you want to stay with blackberry then get the 9900. A blackberry will never be an iPhone and an iPhone will never be a blackberry.
    08-01-11 09:36 AM
    I have had a blackberry since I was in 7th grade (now a Junior in college). The iPhone 5 looks like it is going to be real nice (and I have told myself I will switch to it when it comes out), but I just can't seem to bring myself to make the move. I'm loving the new 9900/9930. Going to be a tough decision.
    08-01-11 09:44 AM
    No doubt the iPhone 5 will be a nice piece of equipment and sell like hotcakes. But you will have to ask yourself: do i want a phone that every teenager, soccer mom, and grandma has, or do i want this sexy sweetass beauty.
    Hahahahahha, you said it exactly.
    08-01-11 11:25 AM
    I have had a blackberry since I was in 7th grade (now a Junior in college). The iPhone 5 looks like it is going to be real nice (and I have told myself I will switch to it when it comes out), but I just can't seem to bring myself to make the move. I'm loving the new 9900/9930. Going to be a tough decision.
    I'm in the same boat, my contract ends this month and for the last year I've debated between getting an iPhone or a blackberry but I'm so sick of seeing people glued to their iPhones, so now I'm leaning towards keeping my BB. I'm a sophomore in college and I'm a bit old school and just want a good phone that I can talk, text, and email, I also like the how organized and simple my BB is. I don't want to have to scroll through pages of apps like on a Android or iPhone and don't want to contribute to a society where my life revolves around an iPhone.

***Oops this was in response to Tigerfan5 that I forgot to quote
    08-01-11 11:33 AM
    The significantly better screen clarity and the ability to open .pdf's on the iphone 4 are not issues to be considered?
    Repligo Reader is a great solution for 9650. Why someone would want to buy a product made in China that is tied to one source for all its info is beyond me!
    08-01-11 03:08 PM
    I think everyone already knows what iPhone 5 will be. That is, it's iOS 5. Sure the hardware might be a little different, but the majority of what iPhone 5 is has already been seen with the software. There might be a slightly larger screen, a notification LED, an upgraded camera, a few other spec bumps here and there. I highly doubt they go away from the industrialized design and revert back to something like the 3GS. All in all though, I feel as though the biggest "features" of the next iPhone iteration have been seen in iOS 5.
    08-01-11 03:36 PM
    To stay on topic with the question asked...

Question: how many here are definately leaving their iPhone 4 (or other model) and will buy the BlackBerry 9900/9930 when it drops on your carrier's device lineup?

...and who will buy the iPhone 5?
    I will probably get both. I love my Torch and recently put it up for sale and will probably do the same with my iPhone 4 to get ready for the next round of devices.

So technically, I will be leaving the iPhone 4 for a 99xx. I may just get the 9930 on Sprint and get the iPhone 5 on AT&T.
    08-01-11 04:16 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD