Ok...I thought I could go back to BlackBerry from my iPhone 4, but after only a day of the tiny screen, smallish keypad & comparitively underdeveloped applications...I sold the 9700 and am back using my iPhone 4.

But...I am intrigued with the size, stainless steel band and larger keypad of the 9900...not to mention what is supposed to be an all-new browser experience and a faster processor to make things happen smoother and faster....

My AT&T upgrade is coming up next month, and I'm totally on the fence. Don't know whether to snap up the 9900, and have the possibility of being disappointed...or wait another month or two until the iPhone 5 drops.

Question: how many here are definately leaving their iPhone 4 (or other model) and will buy the BlackBerry 9900/9930 when it drops on your carrier's device lineup?

...and who will buy the iPhone 5?
    07-30-11 09:12 PM
    The iPhone5 will be out first on AT&T before the 9900. Seems they want to get more sells from the iPhone.
    07-30-11 09:21 PM
    The iPhone5 will be out first on AT&T before the 9900. Seems they want to get more sells from the iPhone.
    It's purely a matter of knowing what side of their bread gets the butter. The iPhone 5 will get tons more buyers than the 9900 simply because of it being "the new iPhone".

Don't care how slick the 9900 is...the iPhone 5 will still outsell it, because the general public thinks the iPhone is the greatest thing.
    slicx and Pr3ston27 like this.
    07-30-11 09:30 PM
    I don't think its fair to compare the 9700 to the iPhone 4...try comparing it to a Torch. Ultimately, its your money, your contract and you need to get what is best for you, not what everyone else thinks is "cool" or the best.

If you want to compare web browsers, you do realize the Torch has a better score then the iPhone 4 right? See for yourself, goto The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? on your iPhone. I bet ya the Torch wins

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-11 09:30 PM
    I forgot to post the Torch results, using at&t's latest official operating system, the Torch scores 269 on the html5test

07-30-11 09:33 PM
    Ok...I thought I could go back to BlackBerry from my iPhone 4, but after only a day of the tiny screen, smallish keypad & comparitively underdeveloped applications...I sold the 9700 and am back using my iPhone 4.

But...I am intrigued with the size, stainless steel band and larger keypad of the 9900...not to mention what is supposed to be an all-new browser experience and a faster processor to make things happen smoother and faster....

My AT&T upgrade is coming up next month, and I'm totally on the fence. Don't know whether to snap up the 9900, and have the possibility of being disappointed...or wait another month or two until the iPhone 5 drops.

Question: how many here are definately leaving their iPhone 4 (or other model) and will buy the BlackBerry 9900/9930 when it drops on your carrier's device lineup?

...and who will buy the iPhone 5?
    I'm in the same predicament. Had the 9780, switched back to the iPhone 4 but moved to Verizon. Totally caught between the 9930 and the iPhone 5. I LOVE Blackberries but the apps that are available to the iOS devices are very enticing. Grrrrr

07-30-11 09:45 PM
    I will definitely be leacing my EnV Touch from Verizon for a BlackBerry Bold 9930.

07-30-11 10:00 PM
    The iPhone 4 was pretty sweet (used it for about 7 months before switching back to BB). I'll definitely compare the 2, assuming the iPhone 5 drops in September. Don't need the 9900 right away.

07-30-11 10:22 PM
    I'm in the same predicament. Had the 9780, switched back to the iPhone 4 but moved to Verizon. Totally caught between the 9930 and the iPhone 5. I LOVE Blackberries but the apps that are available to the iOS devices are very enticing. Grrrrr

Thats how I feel. I liked my Blackberry a lot but the apps is what made me switch to the iPhone. I'm not sure what to do but will definitely be checking out the 9930.
    07-30-11 11:38 PM
    I switched from a 9650 to a iphone 4. Will more than likely be switching back to the 9930 because I can't stand typing on a touchscreen. There are also functions for emailing that the iOS just lacks compared to BBOS.
    07-31-11 01:20 AM
    Will definitively drop my white iPhone 4 for this new blower!
    07-31-11 04:28 AM
    No doubt the iPhone 5 will be a nice piece of equipment and sell like hotcakes. But you will have to ask yourself: do i want a phone that every teenager, soccer mom, and grandma has, or do i want this sexy sweetass beauty.
    07-31-11 05:38 AM
    BB 9900 all they way. I refuse to get an Iphone 1-5 or Iphone 25.....granted they are slick, but I don't like being tied to Itunes for anything and everything.
    mikeyg164 likes this.
    07-31-11 07:32 AM
    Hmm, I just don't know at times. I use a Sensation 4G right now. My only real problem with it is that it is not idel for heavy emailing. Other than that, I love it. Its my wireless remote for my Google TV, takes excellent photos and has great social integration. Its going to be hard adjusting back...
    07-31-11 08:37 AM
    The iPhone5 will be out first on AT&T before the 9900.
    Of course you have no way of knowing that, it's just a guess.

07-31-11 08:43 AM

If you want to compare web browsers, you do realize the Torch has a better score then the iPhone 4 right? See for yourself, goto The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5? on your iPhone. I bet ya the Torch wins
    If a "better score" means simply better support for HTML5 then it's a pretty worthless measure of browser experience. The iPhone4's browser is obviously a smoother, slicker experience than the Torch's, which is slower and laggy and generally frustrating to move around in.

07-31-11 08:46 AM
    I have a new reason to get an iPhone .... there is an app that would make one aspect of my work much easier that is available only for the iPhone. Granted, it will also work on an iPad and iTouch as well.

I can buy a used iTouch on craigslist all day long... but then, that just adds an extra device to mess around with. (bad grammar, but I didn't want to write "...with which to mess around.")

The killer is the prospect of tapping away on that glass screen. yuck.
    07-31-11 08:48 AM
    If the 9930 does offer a significant and REAL WORLD improvement in web browsing, I quickly lose interest in the other smart phone options.
    07-31-11 08:49 AM
    The killer is the prospect of tapping away on that glass screen. yuck.
    Same here. There is just something satisfying about typing without mistakes on a real keyboard and having the keys click. Not an absolute necessity, but a strong preference.
    07-31-11 09:31 AM
    I'll be jumping ship come December. Looking at iPhone/WP7/Android in that order. Will have to wait till iOS5, Mango and Ice Cream Sandwich to be out for a while before I make any decision. BBOS is out of the question, and knowing that QNX is round the corner I won't be sinking my teeth into another BB.
    07-31-11 09:54 AM
    I have considered the iPhone 5, but will stick with the 9930. Why? I have an iPad for all the apps I want that are not available on the BB. I surf the web on the iPad, my phone is for two things: talking and texting. For texting I love the BB key board. A little of both worlds is best for me.
    bdad14 likes this.
    07-31-11 10:03 AM
    If a "better score" means simply better support for HTML5 then it's a pretty worthless measure of browser experience. The iPhone4's browser is obviously a smoother, slicker experience than the Torch's, which is slower and laggy and generally frustrating to move around in.

I disagree. My iPhone 4 web browsing experience isn't better then my Torch. The ONLY advantage the iphone has over the torch is the screen size.

07-31-11 11:25 AM
    I disagree. My iPhone 4 web browsing experience isn't better then my Torch. The ONLY advantage the iphone has over the torch is the screen size.

The significantly better screen clarity and the ability to open .pdf's on the iphone 4 are not issues to be considered?
    07-31-11 12:34 PM
    Who said the Torch can't open pdf's??

07-31-11 12:43 PM

07-31-11 12:50 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD