Just to let you guys know that BestBuy Canada is giving away $200.00 FREE gift card with every BlackBerry Bold 9780 or other BlackBerry devices.

My manager told me our allowed stock levels for ALL BlackBerry devices are downgraded AGAIN!!

Good news for me because even the Mobile department in BestBuy got a new training module (which they can't open yet) from RIM as well. My guess is that the training is for 9900 stuff..

See attachment for details.
    05-14-11 11:31 PM
    Good to hear! Hopefully thats a sign for more info to come along in the near future
    05-15-11 01:29 AM
    I like what it says below: "Get the latest Android smartphones for 0$"
    05-15-11 01:33 AM
    I like what it says below: "Get the latest Android smartphones for 0$"
    Ha ha... guess what? Xperia play is a freaking failure!! People are pissed! TWO DAYS in to the sales of Sony Xperia play, BestBuy decided to give the phone for FREE on 3 year contracts because apparently Canadian consumers are NOT that stupid. Do you know that that Android apps in US is NOT THE SAME apps available to Canadian users? In fact, Android market in Canada is not that big plus many people seems to have at least one issue or two with Xperia.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-15-11 at 02:06 AM.
    05-15-11 02:03 AM
    is this canada wide?
    05-15-11 02:45 AM
    ^You missed it, "3 days only May: 13-15"
    05-15-11 03:29 AM
    ^You missed it, "3 days only May: 13-15"
    Not sure where you are but it's still the 15th in Canada.
    05-15-11 03:36 AM
    Just to let you guys know that BestBuy Canada is giving away $200.00 FREE gift card with every BlackBerry Bold 9780 or other BlackBerry devices.

My manager told me our allowed stock levels for ALL BlackBerry devices are downgraded AGAIN!!

Good news for me because even the Mobile department in BestBuy got a new training module (which they can't open yet) from RIM as well. My guess is that the training is for 9900 stuff..

See attachment for details.
    Exuse my ignorance mss-ca, but what is a training module? and since you do work at a Best Buy (where I bought my Sprint Curve 8330 from in June 2009, at Best Buy in the US, they waive the $100.00 manufacter rebate fee) what is your guess of when the Bold 9900/9930 will drop?
    05-15-11 08:46 AM
    Thank you.
    05-15-11 08:49 AM
    is this canada wide?
    I am not sure about that.... But I can tell you that this looks like applied to Western Canada. Calgary has one of the best BlackBerry markets (due to oil and gas industry) in entire Western Canada. (Vancouver is the other city) So sometimes these special promotions apply to selected cities across Canada.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-15-11 at 09:35 AM.
    05-15-11 09:12 AM
    Exuse my ignorance mss-ca, but what is a training module? and since you do work at a Best Buy (where I bought my Sprint Curve 8330 from in June 2009, at Best Buy in the US, they waive the $100.00 manufacter rebate fee) what is your guess of when the Bold 9900/9930 will drop?
    I am actually a student at University of Calgary and BestBuy is just a part time job to basically pay for my new toys like BB 9900 . So I only go to work on weekend and I am not in a very high ranking position at BestBuy, obviously

So... to be honest with all of you, I have NO IDEA when will BB 9900/9930 will come out. I just posted whatever bits info I can get from BestBuy. I don't want to be one of those Crackberry users who claim to know so much, but really they are guessing too. So, I can't even guess, but I can tell you that this is a good news because by looking at how they dropped the prices before, it looks like the new BlackBerries will be out within next 30 days (May be in the week of June 20th) But again, DO NOT trust me on this. My word is as good as yours.

Training module is a package, 90% of the time an electronic package sent to retail stores by manufactures to train managers and sales people. For example, we received a Playbook package electronically with Flash based training course(there are movies, info where you sit in front of a computer at BestBuy click next and next and keep reading) with several quizzes at the end which you have to pass to keep your job.

So... when I asked my manager about 9900, he said that we received a electronic based package from RIM, but when you click on it, it says, it will be open soon. We don't know what it is, but he thinks that it is on 9900.

Good news again because a week before iPad2 was released I got my iPad2 training opened!!!

EDIT: FYI, within days apart, as soon as USA release the phone, at least one service provider most likely going to release it here in Canada as well.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 05-15-11 at 09:32 AM.
    05-15-11 09:27 AM
    Maybe the whole "It will be open soon" is about the carriers still testing out the device. Hopefully they can finish testing and iron out all the wrinkles soon. Thanks for all the info mss-ca. Keep bringing any info if you can.
    05-15-11 09:54 AM
    is this canada wide?
    If you want this deal... just walk in to the Mobile department of BestBuy at ANY Canadian location and ask about this... if they say no or you don't see a blue one page letter size flyer, then you don't have this deal in your region. I just spoke to someone at work and she said, Calgary stock a lot of BBs so many be BestBuy just offered this to Calgary to get rid of the huge stock we have.

Also she said something about GST/PST... Alberta has no PST, but some provinces do have PST. So BestBuy may give provinces that have PST, lets say ~$150 gift card instead of $200 one, etc.

If you get this deal other than in Calgary, please post something here on Crackberry... if this is Canada wide, than it is awesome!
    thevancanfan likes this.
    05-15-11 10:24 AM
    Do you have to sign a 3 year contract to get the $200 gift card? Or do I get it too if I purchase a BB outright?
    05-15-11 10:36 AM
    I am actually a student at University of Calgary and BestBuy is just a part time job to basically pay for my new toys like BB 9900 . So I only go to work on weekend and I am not in a very high ranking position at BestBuy, obviously

So... to be honest with all of you, I have NO IDEA when will BB 9900/9930 will come out. I just posted whatever bits info I can get from BestBuy. I don't want to be one of those Crackberry users who claim to know so much, but really they are guessing too. So, I can't even guess, but I can tell you that this is a good news because by looking at how they dropped the prices before, it looks like the new BlackBerries will be out within next 30 days (May be in the week of June 20th) But again, DO NOT trust me on this. My word is as good as yours.

Training module is a package, 90% of the time an electronic package sent to retail stores by manufactures to train managers and sales people. For example, we received a Playbook package electronically with Flash based training course(there are movies, info where you sit in front of a computer at BestBuy click next and next and keep reading) with several quizzes at the end which you have to pass to keep your job.

So... when I asked my manager about 9900, he said that we received a electronic based package from RIM, but when you click on it, it says, it will be open soon. We don't know what it is, but he thinks that it is on 9900.

Good news again because a week before iPad2 was released I got my iPad2 training opened!!!

EDIT: FYI, within days apart, as soon as USA release the phone, at least one service provider most likely going to release it here in Canada as well.
    Thank you, I appriciate your honesty and enthusiasim like the rest of us who want a Bold 9900/9930...little tid bits of info such as yours, and others may give us some thin time frame with the Bold release. Good luck at University...remember like John Lennon wrote to his son Julian, "your brain is a muscle, excersie it!" lol
    05-15-11 10:43 AM
    Do you have to sign a 3 year contract to get the $200 gift card? Or do I get it too if I purchase a BB outright?
    I am not sure on this.... I didn't ask the Mobile guys about this... sorry(I am in computers and that's why I got training for PB). I think you must go for a three year contract to get it because BestBuy get a commission from service providers when people go for three years as opposed to monthly.

Anyway, back to studying stupid Chem. I need to get out of Crackberry.com, I am addicted!! I will post new info may be at the end of this week. I go back to work on Saturday.
    05-15-11 11:28 AM
    If you want this deal... just walk in to the Mobile department of BestBuy at ANY Canadian location and ask about this... if they say no or you don't see a blue one page letter size flyer, then you don't have this deal in your region. I just spoke to someone at work and she said, Calgary stock a lot of BBs so many be BestBuy just offered this to Calgary to get rid of the huge stock we have.

Also she said something about GST/PST... Alberta has no PST, but some provinces do have PST. So BestBuy may give provinces that have PST, lets say ~$150 gift card instead of $200 one, etc.

If you get this deal other than in Calgary, please post something here on Crackberry... if this is Canada wide, than it is awesome!
    I just called 2 Best Buys in the Vancouver area and they haven't heard of this offer. The closest thing they offer is a $50 gift card with a 3 year activation on a Rogers Bold.

Looking at the flyer again, I notice it says "Grand Opening Sale" could it be that this is a store special at the Best Buy you work at?

And by any chance could you post the link to the flyer? Was it on the Best Buy website? Maybe that would help as the reps at the Best Buys I called couldn't locate this online flyer.

Thanks for the help, I'd really love to get in on this deal, as I'm also looking to purchase a mini fridge. The gift card would help.
    05-15-11 02:37 PM
    I just called 2 Best Buys in the Vancouver area and they haven't heard of this offer. The closest thing they offer is a $50 gift card with a 3 year activation on a Rogers Bold.

Looking at the flyer again, I notice it says "Grand Opening Sale" could it be that this is a store special at the Best Buy you work at?

And by any chance could you post the link to the flyer? Was it on the Best Buy website? Maybe that would help as the reps at the Best Buys I called couldn't locate this online flyer.

Thanks for the help, I'd really love to get in on this deal, as I'm also looking to purchase a mini fridge. The gift card would help.
    In the past "Grand Opening Sale" title has used to get rid of items that we BestBuy don't want. Example, PS2 was too old for us... Also we used to hold 40-50 units of 9780s at one time in my store. Now the maximum 9780s we are allow to keep in our store warehouse is 20. In other words we are downgrading and it is almost half of what we used to keep.

May be I am wrong on this, but I hope I am not. Also, do you guys pay PST in your area? That also has an effect on gift card values.
    thevancanfan likes this.
    05-15-11 02:59 PM
    In the past "Grand Opening Sale" title has used to get rid of items that we BestBuy don't want. Example, PS2 was too old for us... Also we used to hold 40-50 units of 9780s at one time in my store. Now the maximum 9780s we are allow to keep in our store warehouse is 20. In other words we are downgrading and it is almost half of what we used to keep.

May be I am wrong on this, but I hope I am not. Also, do you guys pay PST in your area? That also has an effect on gift card values.
    Well last year the Liberals introduced the unpopular HST in BC. So we no longer have a seperate PST and GST but a single HST which is 12%. Hopefully we defeat the tax at in the Summer as we are voting whether or not to keep the HST.
    05-15-11 03:05 PM
    Well last year the Liberals introduced the unpopular HST in BC. So we no longer have a seperate PST and GST but a single HST which is 12%. Hopefully we defeat the tax at in the Summer as we are voting whether or not to keep the HST.
    If the corporate provincial tax+PST+other electronic recycle fees is larger than Alberta, of course you will not get the same gift card from any retail store for sure. Alberta recycle fee for a printer is $12.00 (huge), but for a cellphone its like $6.00 or something like that and for a computer its about $8.00. Idk which ***** in our government decide what is what.
    05-15-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD