08-13-11 08:53 AM
    This was a great review.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 09:20 AM
    I agree, it was a good review and hit the nail on the head about the camera.

In macro mode, text WASN'T focused on automatically which made us wonder what the point was in having it
    The camera app is exactly the same as before. The only notable exception is that the autofocus option has disappeared from the menu. We assume this is because it is now automatic. If that is the case, somebody really needs to tell it, BECAUSE on several occasions it didn't bother to rise to the challenge
    Those taken close up in normal light with the LED on auto mode seemed to be bathed in something that made everything look more yellow than in real life. We thought our dog was auditioning for The Simpsons at one point
    Close up, our image looked quite yellow and looked slightly blurred even with minimal movement.
    Taken in good light with artificial lamp ahead. The image looks slightly grainy when it shouldn't considering the conditions
    Some images seemed overly processed and the colour in direct sunlight wasn't true to life. This blue ended up looking more grey
    Same here – this was daylight at 2pm on a bright day but looks like some kind of filter has been applied
    Even a review of this Rim "Flagship" that is positive tore the phone up and exposed it for what it is...
    ...I have a feeling the subsequent reviews we will read will not be as kind about the junk, Fisher Price camera as that review was.
    Last edited by pythons; 08-13-11 at 10:55 AM.
    08-13-11 10:52 AM
    Bump, due to question about third party reviews of this model.
    08-13-11 10:38 PM
    I agree, it was a good review and hit the nail on the head about the camera.

Even a review of this Rim "Flagship" that is positive tore the phone up and exposed it for what it is...
    ...I have a feeling the subsequent reviews we will read will not be as kind about the junk, Fisher Price camera as that review was.
    You are really pissed off about this camera. Just let it go man, the specs are not gonna change.
    08-13-11 11:06 PM
    I'm certain the review rants won't either - in fact I predict they will get worse....
    ...If it's for nothing else perhaps my work here will help insure RIM does not cram EDOF into it's future QNX "Flagship" when it finally comes out.
    08-13-11 11:09 PM
    Great review indeed.
    08-13-11 11:18 PM
    Gotta say I am bit disappointed in what they say about the web browser. I was thinking this phone would have the fastest browser on any device. But it appears not. They are not too down on it.. I guess.
    08-14-11 12:08 AM
    Gotta say I am bit disappointed in what they say about the web browser. I was thinking this phone would have the fastest browser on any device. But it appears not. They are not too down on it.. I guess.
    In terms of actual speed it's close enough to the other big sellers out there I don't think this will create any negative issues for RIM - for people coming from an older blackberry they would be happy as a clam at high time.

What will get them bloody on the device is the lack of a functional camera for work related photographs and a price tag that's just absurd.
    08-14-11 11:01 AM
    pythons... seriously?
    every ******* single thread about the 9900 you keep on whining about the lack of AF

will you ever stop?
    if you dont like it, dont buy it...

sure, AF would be nice, but the 9900 doesnt have AF
    just stop crying already
    billybobjones likes this.
    08-14-11 11:07 AM
    pythons... seriously?
    every ******* single thread about the 9900 you keep on whining about the lack of AF

will you ever stop?
    if you dont like it, dont buy it...

sure, AF would be nice, but the 9900 doesnt have AF
    just stop crying already
    Thank you! He's out of control

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD