Anyone able to get good battery life with Google Maps running in the background? Seems like with my Tour 9630, the battery life is much better than the 9930 with Google Maps running. Exiting out of Google Maps on the 9930 actually doubles my battery life!
    09-02-11 11:45 PM
    Seems to be a GPS kind of bug where the GPS always stays in full on mode. I've noticed if Google maps is left open my battery dies off pretty quickly...
    09-03-11 12:01 AM
    Obviously dude. Constantly chainging position sends a signal from the gps everytime you move. That's gonna destroy your batterry bro, in adition to the program resources.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 12:07 AM
    Yeah, but doing the same thing on my 9700 never caused an issue. That thing could sit with Google maps in the background and I wouldn't notice it for a few days. Seems they still have some issues with certain things not sleeping right on the 9700, I'm sure they'll sort it in due time.
    09-03-11 12:35 AM
    Obviously dude. Constantly chainging position sends a signal from the gps everytime you move. That's gonna destroy your batterry bro, in adition to the program resources.

Not so obvious when you're coming from an old Tour 9630 that had Google Maps running in the background and last longer on a single charge...
    09-03-11 07:43 AM
    Not so obvious when you're coming from an old Tour 9630 that had Google Maps running in the background and last longer on a single charge...
    Yes but my point was that running google maps constantly will not improve your battery life, it will only make it suck. It just happened to suck less on your Tour.

09-03-11 10:17 AM
    I leave Google Maps running all the time on my 9900 and have no issues. Battery drain around 3% per hour.
    09-03-11 10:29 AM
    I leave Google Maps running all the time on my 9900 and have no issues. Battery drain around 3% per hour.
    What OS version are you running? Are you always connected via wi-fi?

09-04-11 07:16 PM
    In normal cases, google-maps in background doesn't need much battery. But I hate the fact, using the exit-button just brings it to background. If I want an app in Background, I'm using the RED-button, if I want to exit, i use the arrow-button. Google should implemet it that way!
    09-04-11 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD