Hi everyone, so I came across a gold housing for the 9900, and I actually think it looks pretty sweet. There's no way I'd change my bold's housing myself because I know I'd screw it up. I know a shop near by that would probably do it, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has this housing? I'd love to see how it actually looks on the phone before I did it. Also, what are your opinions on it? Thanks!

Gold 9900 housing-kgrhqj-oqe9fivoizpbpshtwht7q-60_12.jpg
    Gold 9900 housing-kgrhqrhjeefcdwy-d6ebqpwzlkrsw-60_57.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Gold 9900 housing-1driod.png  
    12-08-12 10:23 PM
    Not my style.
    12-09-12 09:30 AM
    i dont have the gold but i have a pink version and ive seen a turquoise version, i wouldnt really go for gold personally but im sure itd look nice. maybe you could photoshop a screen and trackpad in to see what itd look like

its very easy to do it yourself but you wont manage to get that back chassis on even with a shop unless you buy all the antennas, the charger port and the vibration box to go with it or spray paint a white bolds back chassis with the parts already fitted into it
    12-09-12 09:37 AM
    were can i get a one but a diffrent colour???
    12-09-12 09:57 AM
    ebay and amazon have almost every colour
    12-09-12 10:04 AM
    hey berry pink i tryed ebay but they dont have any
    12-09-12 10:07 AM
    hey berry pink i tryed ebay but they dont have any
    Try amazon...they should have them...not sure about the gold/different colors tho...I got my WHITE casing there.
    12-09-12 10:15 AM
    Hi everyone, so I came across a gold housing for the 9900, and I actually think it looks pretty sweet. There's no way I'd change my bold's housing myself because I know I'd screw it up. I know a shop near by that would probably do it, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has this housing? I'd love to see how it actually looks on the phone before I did it. Also, what are your opinions on it? Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!oQE9fivOIzPBPshtwht7Q~~60_12.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	127715
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqRHJEEFCdWy+d6eBQpWZLkrsw~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	127717
    Love the pics my friend...looks interesting!! I can say right now....a kit with just the digitizer is trouble tho...unless you take it to a shop that does this ALOT...you need the lcd to be already assembled or it just wont be the same...the lcd cracks so easy its very difficult to seperate the digitizer from the lcd and put it back together ....the Housing looks good tho!

also....the keyboard is just the cover...its always best to find that assembled already as well...(with trackpad and keyboard flex ribbon) its hard to make it feel right after you pull the OE cover off
    Last edited by westiewanderer; 12-09-12 at 10:19 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff
    12-09-12 10:17 AM
    im gunna get a blue one off amazon
    12-09-12 10:22 AM
    New Replacement 4-Piece Housing Cover for BlackBerry 9900 White Black gold pink | eBay

they have lots on ebay :S, the housing kits for all coloured blackberry 9900s have colour full screen protector stickers instead of digitizers and screens, using a plastic tab makes it easy to lift out the metal backing from the old keyboard and place it into the new one, line it up and press the keys down before installing it onto the blackberry. once lined up properly it will press in perfectly
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    12-09-12 10:58 AM
    thankyou so much woop erm would i need to take it to shop to get it done??????
    12-09-12 11:12 AM
    id say yes if youre scared to break it plus you want the back chassis attached with antenna etc, if you watch a diss-assembly tutorial its easy to follow though (not including the antenna stuff). i dont think coloured digitisers are even made to answer your other threads question, besides a sticker protector is way easier than a digitiser to change if you get bored and gives the screen protection against nicks all in one
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    12-09-12 11:24 AM
    can you send me a link of a tutorial please
    12-09-12 11:26 AM
    here is the tutorial for just the keyboard as you dont need one for placing the sticker onto the screen lol, there isnt one as far as i know for the back chassis so youll have to keep your original and just use the blue battery cover.

1. start by lifting out the bottom piece below the keys, this will expose the two screws. dont lose these as you need them in the right slots for the phone to work properly.
    2. start to lift up the keypad CAREFULLY using a flat plastic phone opener or flat head screwdriver, pop all along the edges and then gently lift the keypad
    3. be careful not to yank the keyboard off as the flex cable attached to the trackpad is attached in the top right corner to the motherboard, gently pop it off to remove the keyboard completely from the phone.
    4. the trackpad needs to be removed from that 'cage' use a very small flat object to lift off the catches - 1 on each side as these catches are easily broken. you want to hold onto the square piece that pops off as this clips into the new pad.
    5. now start to dig out the metal boarding attached to the old keyboard by gently crowbarring it around the edges, the keys in the middle are presed into it so they need to pop out gently
    6. now get your new pad! place the metal boarding into the new pad and press down all over to pop the keys into the right slots
    7. put the black square over the trackpad and pop into place then attach the flex cable back ono the motherboard and slide the keyboard back into the phone. retighten the screws and pop the plastic bottom back on,
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    12-09-12 11:32 AM
    can you send me a link of a tutorial please
    9900 disassembly video part 1

9900 disassembly video part 2
    12-09-12 11:34 AM
    them links arnt working phill :/
    12-09-12 11:36 AM
    Gold Brush color is a bit dull not a fan. Try Shiny Gold it looks amazing call your phone C3PO lol
    12-09-12 11:39 AM
    Watch a few vids and pay attention to the commentary its usually helpful. Just be gentle on the dismantle.
    12-09-12 11:42 AM
    them links arnt working phill :/
    This is the page they came from... BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930

Scroll down to the Related Videos section.
    12-09-12 11:42 AM
    thankyou
    12-09-12 11:52 AM