It seems at least once a day my 9930 will drop out of 3g and go into roaming but my brother and mom get almost full coverage mom has a 9650 and brother has a iphone 4s any ideas on why this might be happening? Thanks Mike
    01-31-12 02:39 PM
    First thing I'd do is update your roaming list by dialing *221.

When your BB drops 3G and goes into roaming, how long does this last? Have you tried a battery pull?
    01-31-12 02:47 PM
    Check your Mobile Network settings under Networks and Connections. My Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic and Network Technology is set to Global. I have rarely seen anything less than 5 bar 3G signal. Hope this helps.
    01-31-12 07:08 PM
    First thing I'd do is update your roaming list by dialing *221.
    Negative ghost rider, pattern is full. First, no need to dial *221 with Sprint, that worked only for VZW. Second OP has a 9930, OP can do a PRL update manually by going to: Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>BB Button>Update PRL. Once that has completed, repeat again except for last step: Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>BB Button>Update Profile.

Check your Mobile Network settings under Networks and Connections. My Network Selection Mode is set to Automatic and Network Technology is set to Global. I have rarely seen anything less than 5 bar 3G signal. Hope this helps.
    Negative again ghost rider, if the OP is in bad areas where signal is not great, having the phone search for a GSM signal is not only useless but causes unnecessary battery drain.

Networks and Connections>Mobile Network>Network Technology>1XEV
    02-01-12 12:52 AM
    First try a battery pull... if no go then contact your carrier see if they know what's the problem is.
    02-01-12 02:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD