Hey guys, I just wanted to tell y'all that I appreciate all the help and information you have given me over the last week in regards to my new 9930. I like the phone and generally don't have anything too bad to say, I guess I just missed the larger screen. A couple of minor annoyances that probably pushed me over the edge is how you have to reboot the phone after installing most apps and the reboot time is ridiculous.

But I'm not here to bash the phone, as battery life was great, the build quality was awesome and it's a great looking phone. I just wanted to say thanks for the help...MOST of you are pretty cool and helpful...haha

Who knows, maybe when bb10 comes out I'll be back!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 11:17 PM
    Good bye.

Reboot time was ridiculous? You apparently didn't own a os5 device.

Good luck with your android.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 11:36 PM
    I had a Pearl back in the day, but I honestly don't remember what that was even running. Please don't take offense, this was more of a thank you to the people that helped than it was a phone bash. I should have realized that I liked a larger screen and a few more apps before I jumped ship. No harm done...live and learn.

02-26-12 11:49 PM
    I agree with you, if you don't really need the e-mail features of Blackberry, I don't know what casual users are doing with Blackberries.. I used a Galaxy Nexus for a week, and it is really a sweet device, apps download and install almost instantly, reboot time is fast and the screen is gorgeous, however even with Moxier/K9 mail/especially Touchdown, it cannot compete with Blackberry's e-mail functionality. Touchdown comes close but it is clunky and slow. Keyboard acts up and slows down when typing fast in landscape mode. Enjoy your expensive fun gizmo.
    02-26-12 11:56 PM
    Yea, I only have one primary Gmail account that has another account running through it. I probably only get 30-40 emails a day and 100-150 texts a day. I found I actually type faster on the Nexus than I did on the bb. I wish I could morph all the best features from Android/iphone/blackberry...would be awesome.

02-27-12 12:03 AM
    All Those Switching from a BlackBerry to another device (including BBs), Post here!
    I was jealous of the Galaxy Nexus until a few friends told me ICS isn't all that, happy with my Razr though.
    02-27-12 12:22 AM
    I agree that ICS isn't all that, basically bunch of 3rd party apps built into the OS. As for memory & battery management, I don't really buy "ICS does not need task killer" bit.. It surely does get sluggish when you keep few apps running, and since there is no true "quit" function for most apps, it does get bloated fairly easy. Either way ICS is not a big selling point, but Galaxy Nexus is an excellent phone. All-Black face is perfect.
    02-27-12 12:44 AM
    All the best!
    02-27-12 01:33 AM
    the galaxy nexus is one hot phone.on the other hand,samsung has gone overboard with that galaxy note.don't need all that from a phone.thats what tablets are for.enjoy your nexus.
    02-27-12 02:06 AM
    Enjoy the Nexus! I just switched back to my Bold after using the Nexus for 2 days. I usually don't have my Galaxy Nexus active for more than a weekend. I keep crawling back to my 9930. I've burned 5 SIM cards in the last month.
    I like my Nexus, but I love my Bold.

I hope the Nexus serves you well!

Sent from my Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 02:36 AM
    I have played with a Nexus for extended periods of time but I personally would not own one. I saw too many random reboots even with no third party apps installed.

Oh, the battery life on android sucks!
    02-27-12 07:09 AM
    i dont care
    02-27-12 07:17 AM
    Boot time has been around a minute for me.
    Yes, the reboot after installqtion drives me nuts also. IMO it will be gone in BB10
    Hope you enjoy your Galaxy Nexus!
    02-27-12 07:56 AM
    I don't know what casual users are doing with Blackberries..
    RIM needs all the customers they can get. Corp business has dried up and they are going after the consumer. They have no choice. You act like BB is for professional use only!
    02-27-12 07:58 AM
    have a good one with nexus, i'm still waiting for ICS for samsung note which is supposedly this march.
    02-27-12 08:44 AM
    Reboot time was ridiculous? You apparently didn't own a os5 device.
    Haha. Yeah, I hated when I had to do a battery pull on my Tour, it would take 4+ minutes to reboot, but with my 9930, it's about a minute. I have no problem with that at all.
    02-27-12 09:23 AM
    have a good one with nexus, i'm still waiting for ICS for samsung note which is supposedly this march.
    Thanks for the kind words guys...I'll probably hang around and watch how bb progresses. I really think bb10 may just be the perfect OS that will suck in a lot of people like me. Looking forward to it.

And yes, that Note with ICS will be a beast! Verizon is rumored to be getting an iteration of that phone called the Journal.

02-27-12 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD