When I delete a message on Yahoo webmail on my laptop, it is almost immediately deleted on my BB.

When I delete a message on Gmail webmail on my laptop, it never deletes on my BB.

Is it a setting issue? Does anybody else have this same experience? Is there anything I can do to get Gmail to sync both ways?
    02-24-12 05:51 AM
    Interesting, I'd like to know the answer too. Are you using a Yahoo app? I just have GMail and when it downloads to the phone, that's it, it's on the phone. If I delete an email online before turning the phone on it doesn't get downloaded to the phone. It'd be great if would work like your Yahoo mail.
    02-24-12 06:24 AM
    When I delete a message on Yahoo webmail on my laptop, it is almost immediately deleted on my BB.

When I delete a message on Gmail webmail on my laptop, it never deletes on my BB.

Is it a setting issue? Does anybody else have this same experience? Is there anything I can do to get Gmail to sync both ways?
    Exactly the same case. I would like to know how to sync both.

Someone has a solution ?
    02-24-12 06:35 AM
    Follow the process here and select the top 2 options for mail.

Works a charm on both my 9900 and Playbook.
    02-24-12 06:50 AM
    the gmail email will eventually delete on the bb usually when the next email comes in or on a reconcile.
    02-24-12 07:04 AM
    the gmail email will eventually delete on the bb usually when the next email comes in or on a reconcile.
    Not for me, I've waited days, even weeks, but it doesn't reconcile. But, if I delete a gmail on my BB then it immediately deletes it on webmail.
    02-24-12 07:36 AM
    Follow the process here and select the top 2 options for mail.

Works a charm on both my 9900 and Playbook.
    I switched my user agent to iPhone3, went to m.google.com/sync, disabled javascript, but that is as far as I get. Not sure what to do next. I don't have a PB and there is no other devices listed on the page.

Thanks anyway.
    02-24-12 07:39 AM
    have you checked your BIS settings and checked the sync deleted items by chance? Maybe that could be it? Mine delete.
    02-24-12 07:47 AM
    have you checked your BIS settings and checked the sync deleted items by chance? Maybe that could be it? Mine delete.
    Mine is like the OP's. If I delete a mail in Yahoo on the web, it disappears from my BB within minutes. If I delete a Gmail on the web, it stays on my BB forever, unless I delete it there manually. The option to sync deleted items has always been checked, but as far as I can tell, it's only a one-way sync with deleted mail.
    02-24-12 07:59 AM
    Yes, it has always been set to sync deleted items.
    02-24-12 08:00 AM
    Mine is like the OP's. If I delete a mail in Yahoo on the web, it disappears from my BB within minutes. If I delete a Gmail on the web, it stays on my BB forever, unless I delete it there manually. The option to sync deleted items has always been checked, but as far as I can tell, it's only a one-way sync with deleted mail.
    Exactly, and it sucks having to delete emails twice. Makes me wish I never started using gmail to begin with. Wonder what is different between yahoo and gmail to cause this?
    02-24-12 08:02 AM
    Gmail on BIS has been this way since the start on the enhanced gmail plugin...

It will eventually delete on your handheld, it just takes up to an hour sometimes
    02-24-12 08:08 AM
    Gmail on BIS has been this way since the start on the enhanced gmail plugin...

It will eventually delete on your handheld, it just takes up to an hour sometimes
    And I could live with an hour, but mine never delete. I have to do it manually.
    02-24-12 08:37 AM
    And I could live with an hour, but mine never delete. I have to do it manually.
    Same here...
    02-24-12 10:33 AM
    It is a lack of Gmail features from google. they do not support Gmail sync for blackberrys.
    this feature is only available for iPhone, Nokia, and Windows (outside of android of course).
    Maybe something to do with having to go through BIS???

here's the source
    Google Sync for your phone
    Last edited by PG284; 02-24-12 at 11:58 AM.
    02-24-12 11:51 AM
    Post #4 in this thread may have fixed it. I deleted an email online and then when I received a new email on my BB a few minutes later it deleted the email I had deleted online.

Try those gmail settings and see if it works for you.
    02-24-12 02:27 PM
    have both accounts but hardly use yahoo since gmail works flawlessly.
    02-24-12 09:33 PM
    this has always been the case with Gmail and BIS.

i have found, however, that if you mark the email as read on the device, it will eventually be deleted from the handheld if it is deleted from gmail. this may take a few hours though.
    02-25-12 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD