Hey all,

Coming from a 9700 to the 9900 and absolutely love it. My only problem is that I am not able to get my gmail account working on my new phone.

I backed up my old phone, restored all my info onto the new one (9900) and all went smoothly. However, I did not receive any emails from my gmail account. My other 2 mail accts msn and blackberry are fine, but when I go into "set up new email account" and select gmail, and enter my name and password to activate, it tells me the username and password are wrong.

When I go into change email settings, all three of my email accounts, including the gmail one are there, but I can't edit any gmail info.

Not sure what the problem is, searching here and google turns up nothing, and I also cannot find out how to delete the gmail account from this phone, so I can't try to fresh add it again.

running 2406 on 7.0.0.585

I've tried restoring from my first backup on the 9900, and even restoring from the 9700 backup. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.

Oh, and if anyone has got xmarks working on here yet tell me how as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-12 03:13 AM
    I also had some problems initially, what I did was to go to my blackberry provider site (BIS) and delete my gmail account, reboot my device and add it again from scratch.
    Cheers
    01-25-12 03:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD