Hello all,

I have done a lot of research on the following issue but still have not found a resolution that has worked for me.

I have a gmail account and it is set up on my Bold 9930. I have the "keep messages saved" set to "forever" and I don't touch the messages in my actual gmail account on my computer. However, after 30 days, the emails on my phone delete automatically, yet, they are still in my gmail account when i log in using a computer. Does anyone know why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Dan
    03-06-12 04:06 PM
    Because the BB does not have unlimited storage space for email, unlike the Gmail servers. It will wipe old messages to take new ones.
    fladan12 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:23 PM
    Exactly like mike said. Forever is 30days
    03-06-12 07:51 PM
    If you really need to save an email... mark it as saved. I do not know the quantity limitations for saved emails, but I do have some emails saved from 2009 that are still present on my device.
    Last edited by dustanh; 03-06-12 at 09:31 PM.
    fladan12 likes this.
    03-06-12 08:07 PM
    Because the BB does not have unlimited storage space for email, unlike the Gmail servers. It will wipe old messages to take new ones.
    Thanks for the answer. I was only curious because I don't get many emails to my gmail and my Comcast email still has emails that go back several months. So I wasn't sure if it was just an issue with Gmail or not but it sounds like that's the deal. 45-50 emails in a month is all i get to Gmail, so I didn't know they would delete that fast. I'll just have to save them as has been suggested.

Thanks again!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-07-12 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD