I just got this phone and I've spent about over an hour trying to get get my gmail account setup on my 9930 Bold. It either does not like my username or password and both are correct. Tried several times. Why would they even put a GMAIL icon if you can't even use the service?? Can anyone give me easy simple instructions that will work. Otherwise this phone is going bye bye.

Please.. anyone....
    01-07-12 08:40 PM
    First of all, what carrier are you on?
    Are you using the Email Settings/Setup icon on the device?
    What EXACT error are you getting?
    Are you able to set up other types of email addresses?
    01-07-12 08:45 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Verizon. Yes, I'm using the email settings /setup icon and choosing Gmail as a provider. I also tried using the Gmail app. I get "Your username or password is invalid. Please try again or contact gmail.

I'm able to setup a BB e-mail. But Gmail has been my only e-mail provider I've ever used.
    michjarv likes this.
    01-07-12 08:51 PM
    Please.. Can anyone help?
    01-07-12 09:13 PM
    You need to be patient. No one is sitting here waiting to answer your questions. Bumping after only waiting a few minutes is not only rude but is against the forum guidelines.

Try setting up a different email address. Set up one on Yahoo (or another provider) as a test.

Try a different GMail address.
    01-07-12 09:31 PM
    Check out this thread. It might help you with your problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9900-a-636704/
    01-07-12 09:46 PM
    Have you tried adding it via yur providers BIS website?

Just google your provider name and BIS.
    01-07-12 10:30 PM
    Have you tried adding it via yur providers BIS website?

Just google your provider name and BIS.

Second that...

01-07-12 11:08 PM
    Chappy, you don't happen to have Google's 2 step verification enabled, do you? While it adds a lot of security, it also makes it difficult to setup your account. If you have it, I recommend disabling.

I have gmail setup on my phone as well as two other email addresses. These are all setup using BB's native email - the gmail app sucks. I had no problem setting up gmail.
    01-08-12 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD