Hi all,

I am using the 9900 (obviously) with BIS 2way sync gmail. Everything is going great. Syncing is working fine until this evening. I was working in my gmail inbox when older messages started populating the inbox (like 50-100 of them) like the inbox was syncing those messages that already existed before.
    after a few minutes I had 100 messages that were like three weeks old, then the messages that I had just received...WTF? is that just a bug in the BIS sync, the BIS 4.1 rollout that sync I think pas messages that just hit belgium (although I already had downloaded a file of 7mb previously so I assume that the bis 4.1 was already there this morning)...
    I quickly checked my gmail webmail and everythin was fine there (phewwww)..and the BB is functionning back to normal...

So have you ever experienced this glitch...very matrix like impression of deja vu...

MAny thanks,
    Cheers

PS: oh yes, and the unread numbers are now non matching from my browser to my handheld but maybe that is normal?
    10-06-11 04:46 PM
    Hi all,

I am using the 9900 (obviously) with BIS 2way sync gmail. Everything is going great. Syncing is working fine until this evening. I was working in my gmail inbox when older messages started populating the inbox (like 50-100 of them) like the inbox was syncing those messages that already existed before.
    after a few minutes I had 100 messages that were like three weeks old, then the messages that I had just received...WTF? is that just a bug in the BIS sync, the BIS 4.1 rollout that sync I think pas messages that just hit belgium (although I already had downloaded a file of 7mb previously so I assume that the bis 4.1 was already there this morning)...
    I quickly checked my gmail webmail and everythin was fine there (phewwww)..and the BB is functionning back to normal...

So have you ever experienced this glitch...very matrix like impression of deja vu...

MAny thanks,
    Cheers

PS: oh yes, and the unread numbers are now non matching from my browser to my handheld but maybe that is normal?

Clearly not normal behaviour - especially if you haven't made any changes. It does sound an awful lot like the "inbox priming" feature in bis 4.1... maybe a bug stemming from that?
    10-06-11 05:18 PM
    Besides messages, how do you get contacts on your phone that are not yet added to your gmail contacts to upload including all changes that were made with out re-downloading the gmail contacts?
    10-06-11 05:26 PM
    Unless I'm misunderstanding a situation, you've discovered how to push old emails to the 9900 prior to set up which is only possible with BES. From my understanding it is impossible to do that. I.e., you set up your phone at 10/6/2011 8:30PM, after having successfully setting up the phone only emails post 8:30PM will be pushed to the phone. Emails prior to that cannot be, that's just how BIS is set up.
    10-06-11 08:40 PM
    Unless I'm misunderstanding a situation, you've discovered how to push old emails to the 9900 prior to set up which is only possible with BES. From my understanding it is impossible to do that. I.e., you set up your phone at 10/6/2011 8:30PM, after having successfully setting up the phone only emails post 8:30PM will be pushed to the phone. Emails prior to that cannot be, that's just how BIS is set up.
    The new version of BIS (4.1) being rolled out brings this feature.
    RIM rolled it out in Europe this week, North America should be next.
    10-06-11 08:44 PM
    The new version of BIS (4.1) being rolled out brings this feature.
    RIM rolled it out in Europe this week, North America should be next.
    I must have missed that tidbit. I hope it does! I'd like to get previous emails on my phone! At least a month back since I just got the phone a week ago, and I don't want to restore any thing from my 9780 to the 9900.

Can't you select all the messages that you don't want and "delete on handheld only?" Or disable the "rollback" sync, whatever this new feature is known as.
    10-06-11 08:53 PM
    I must have missed that tidbit. I hope it does! I'd like to get previous emails on my phone! At least a month back since I just got the phone a week ago, and I don't want to restore any thing from my 9780 to the 9900.

Can't you select all the messages that you don't want and "delete on handheld only?" Or disable the "rollback" sync, whatever this new feature is known as.

You should be able to delete on handheld only. If I recall correctly though it'll only pull the 20 most recent emails (I don't think the amount it populates is configurable). Have to check the BIS 4.1 feature list to be sure.
    10-06-11 09:51 PM
    You should be able to delete on handheld only. If I recall correctly though it'll only pull the 20 most recent emails (I don't think the amount it populates is configurable). Have to check the BIS 4.1 feature list to be sure.
    Lol, I was referring to you going and deleting the unwanted backtracked emails. But why would they implement pushing the 20 most recent or what ever number and not give you an option to set how far back to go?!! It's like what if I didn't want any of those emails. Or what if I wanted more. fail.
    10-07-11 12:08 AM
    That s what I end up doing (selecting the unwanted emails on the handheld and deleting them on the handeld only).

It seems that this could be related to the BIS rollout, let s wait and see if others in europe/asia have had this problem or later on when it rolls out in the americas.

Not a big issue anyway, just strange watching your inbox changing withouth you doing anything, felt like someone hacked my gmail account....

Calendar and contacts unaffected though
    10-07-11 02:21 AM

Exactly except I did not discover anything since I didn't do anything, bu remember that the BIS 4.1 has the ability to push the X latest messages
    10-07-11 02:22 AM
    Besides messages, how do you get contacts on your phone that are not yet added to your gmail contacts to upload including all changes that were made with out re-downloading the gmail contacts?
    ??? even more ?? I have no ideas, I think BIS just sync them, but if I have problems, I just delete the account from the BIS site then I delete all contacts, calendars and email using hte desktip manager then I add again the email account and it syncs
    10-07-11 02:24 AM
    Or disable the "rollback" sync, whatever this new feature is known as.
    you can't do that, there is no option on the BIS site, I did not dare to push new services again. I am afraid that it ll do the same thing
    10-07-11 02:26 AM
    Gmail IS BES, not BIS. You can see that under Enterprise activation is you have that on your BB, like mine does. I'd think you would get older messages, as well as new ones on a newly setup sync.
    10-07-11 02:27 AM
    I could not resist, I pushed my services again to see if anything happens...nothing happened...but I am able to dowload a 7MB bmp image on my 9900, so I suppose that means I am on BIS 4.1
    10-07-11 02:28 AM
    Do you use an email client on your PC? It might have caused some problems, especially when gmail's label system is kind of out of whack. There were more than a few times a read my mails on Mail (OSX) only to find out mails from a few days back ended up as new and unread on my BB. Was already on BIS4.0 btw.
    10-07-11 03:24 AM
    I have outlook as my backup client but I dont use it, then I work within chrome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-07-11 05:31 AM
    Gmail IS BES, not BIS. You can see that under Enterprise activation is you have that on your BB, like mine does. I'd think you would get older messages, as well as new ones on a newly setup sync.
    Interesting, I recall having Gmail set up as BES in my 9780 before, but it's set up as BIS on my 9900, I tried signing into BES with my gmail with no luck on the 9900. Though I'm able to do the same (cical, cmim, sync) as I would imagine on BES from what I'm aware of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 09:38 AM
    I could not resist, I pushed my services again to see if anything happens...nothing happened...but I am able to dowload a 7MB bmp image on my 9900, so I suppose that means I am on BIS 4.1
    Great! No more 2MB limit!! =]

10-07-11 09:39 AM
    Interesting, I recall having Gmail set up as BES in my 9780 before, but it's set up as BIS on my 9900, I tried signing into BES with my gmail with no luck on the 9900. Though I'm able to do the same (cical, cmim, sync) as I would imagine on BES from what I'm aware of.

G-mail BES comes in two flavors, Google Apps and just Gmail. They use the BES differently from say the BES at my office...but when I look in my Enterprise activation screen - I can see 2 accounts in there, one being Gmail and the 2nd being our Enterprise BES. I even see the Gmail BES account sync exactly as my BES does.

-- Steve
    10-07-11 09:45 AM
    G-mail BES comes in two flavors, Google Apps and just Gmail. They use the BES differently from say the BES at my office...but when I look in my Enterprise activation screen - I can see 2 accounts in there, one being Gmail and the 2nd being our Enterprise BES. I even see the Gmail BES account sync exactly as my BES does.

-- Steve
    Well I'll have to try activating Gmail via enterprise in a bit, reception here is shot. Though as I said earlier when I tried it previously, the enterprise activation of Gmail just times out, BES activation says there is no response from the server.

10-07-11 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD