Would someone be able to explain the IMAP settings in gmail. I want to set up IMAP but do not want to mess anything up since i use email almost exclusively from my device. Here is what im looking at:

Disable IMAP

When I mark a message in IMAP as deleted:Auto-Expunge on - Immediately update the server. (default)
    Auto-Expunge off - Wait for the client to update the server.

When a message is marked as deleted and expunged from the last visible IMAP folder:Archive the message (default)
    Move the message to the Trash
    Immediately delete the message forever

Folder Size LimitsDo not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default)
    Limit IMAP folders to contain no more than this many messages 10002000500010000

***any recomendations on what settings to choose?? any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    10-22-11 09:20 AM
    Anyone at all?...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 06:11 PM
    I am experiencing some issues with my Gmail account since last night. Does anyone have the same problems?

1. On my BB9900 I get a notifier that there are new messages but all of them have already been marked as "read" and the messages do not appear in the list of "unread" messages. I can, however, see the emails in the account folders.

2. After reading a message on my BB9900, Gmail archives these messages and I do not receive them with Outlook 2010 anymore.

A complete mess. All this happens only since last night. Has Gmail changed any IMAP options or what else is going on?
    02-23-12 11:17 PM
    for the OP,

1) enable IMAP
    2) keep Auto expunge OFF (unless you want messages you delete from the bb to be deleted from the server forever)
    3) when a message is marked as delete, archive it.
    4) do not limit folder size.

save and exit. Ensure POP is disabled.

Now go to your handset and setup the account in gmail. It will automatically set up as an IMAP account. Choose what all you want to sync and validate, then exit.

All done.
    02-24-12 01:41 PM
    so this will mean:

1.) delete an email on my desktop

AND

2.) email will be deleted from my inbox on BB within a couple minutes

Right now, my settings only allow me to delete from my phone then it will delete on my webmail, but not vice versa
    02-24-12 03:47 PM
    Can anyone provide some insight please. I am also curious about this. Took some time (over 5 years), but I just noticed that email deleted from the web server (the web based gmail) is not deleted on my BB. I only noticed because Im now accessing email from my PB. I then did some digging and found that gmail email was one way on BB's. All posts I found related to this were old, so I was hoping someone can give us an update, is it still one way?
    02-27-12 07:03 PM
    This is correct - it's not true 'exchange' in that sense...if you delete an email on the web it will not delete on the bb. But the opposite will work - you can delete from both handheld and server from the bb itself.
    gpktom likes this.
    02-27-12 07:41 PM
    Huh, interesting. Well that really blows.
    Thanks though.
    02-27-12 07:43 PM
    This is correct - it's not true 'exchange' in that sense...if you delete an email on the web it will not delete on the bb. But the opposite will work - you can delete from both handheld and server from the bb itself.
    Didn't Gmail use to delete both ways at one time?
    02-27-12 07:43 PM
    Didn't Gmail use to delete both ways at one time?
    honestly don't remember but I never used it with imap before...I used to configure for POP access earlier when you could choose how to setup the account.
    02-27-12 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD