Does it sync your contact's photo as well?
    08-28-11 01:54 PM
    ASAIK it does not sync photos, that's the only reason I still sync my contacts using Desktop Manager.

Is this still true or has anything changed?
    08-28-11 04:03 PM
    I'm afraid you're correct for the time being, I've been looking for a way to sync contact photos with gmail, but the internet says it can't be done yet. Gmail has been giving me weird contact sync issues as well, with the whole bb "unknown" contact list, but this thread isn't the place for my current issue . if something changes I'm sure we'll hear about it, we can't be the only ones here wanting contact photos
    08-28-11 06:33 PM
    BIS sync of Google contacts is best avoided.
    08-28-11 10:29 PM
    Which programm does sync contacts including photos? Is there any free software? I dont have outlook and I dont intend buying it to get my contacts from my iphone on my new BB
    08-29-11 07:19 AM
    I have only tried the DM and Google Sync (The less said about that, the better, at least for now)
    08-29-11 07:43 AM
    If I try to sync with google it causes my phone to crash and I end up reloading the OS. I would avoid using it until all the bugs get fixed I hate reloading the OS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 10:07 AM
    Hi i just switched to my new 9900, when i setup my email acct i have the sync options of calendar and contacts. what happens when i check off the box for contacts? Does it send all the contacts i have in my gmail to my 9900? or the opposite? On my previous 9700 i didn't use the sync, so I have no clue how it works. Thanks
    02-13-12 05:17 AM
    Hi i just switched to my new 9900, when i setup my email acct i have the sync options of calendar and contacts. what happens when i check off the box for contacts? Does it send all the contacts i have in my gmail to my 9900? or the opposite? On my previous 9700 i didn't use the sync, so I have no clue how it works. Thanks
    your google contacts will be synced both ways with your phone gmail contact list. syncing works great for me (no pics tho). You can also sync your gmail contacts with other contacts list if u use google sync.
    02-13-12 06:36 AM
    thank you!!
    02-13-12 07:04 AM
    I used BIS sync with Google contacts and calendar until the very end with my Storm2. I now have an iPhone 4S.

When I synced my Storm2 via BIS, it did hose my address fields on my Storm2. It threw the zip code, city and state into the street field. No matter how many times you fix it on the device, the next time it would sync it would get screwed up again.

But the address filed in my contacts on Google were not affected.
    Apparently, this is a known bug.
    But I don't know if it only played badly with the Storm2 or will all BB's.

Hopefully it will play nicely with your device.

Good Luck
    02-13-12 08:45 PM
    hi there i switched to my 9900 im on 7.1.0.267 and i deleted all my contacts in gmail. i checked the sync wirelessly option under my gmail contact list on my mobile. now my mobile shows that i have 1541 contacts and on gmail it shows only 1526 so it seems that not alll are synced!! why?
    03-04-12 07:04 AM
    i dont know about the BIS contact or calendar sync, but I've always used google sync.

fortunately I have one gmail account to which all my gmail stuff is pulled from so this solution works for me.
    03-04-12 10:44 AM
    Hi. I haven't been on BB for a long, long time, so please excuse my questions if they're dumb.

Google sync seems to work pretty well for me minus the photos. What's the easiest way I can sync Google contact photos with my 9930?

I'm also on a Mac and when I import the vcf file to my address book, it also doesn't import contact photos, so I'm all out of ideas.
    03-04-12 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD