I have a Bold 9900 which from day one had 7.1.0.190 installed on it. Despite having the other Gmail options like Apply Labels, Archive etc. there was no sign of Add Star.

When I upgraded to 7.1.0.205 the option appeared but after a couple of weeks it literally disappeared before my eyes ie. I went in to the menu to use it and saw it vanish, never to be seen again.

On upgrading to 7.1.0.267 I was hoping it would return, but no such luck.

I've tried everything I can think off including deleting and re-sending service books, deleting and re-creating accounts but nothing works. Does anyone have any idea as to what the problem is and how I can get the Add Star option back because I find it pretty useful to say the least.
    03-01-12 08:56 AM
    Hmmm.... well, maybe log into your account on a PC. Go to settings, forwarding IMAP/POP, then make sure IMAP is enabled.
    03-01-12 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion but my Gmail accounts already have IMAP enabled (and POP3 disabled).

What I can't understand is how it can be there and working one minute and gone the next.
    03-01-12 09:56 AM
    I have the latest OS from verizonwireless on my bold and the "add star option" is still there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 10:02 AM
    Cracked it.

In case anyone else has the same problem as well as having IMAP enabled you also have to have the 'Show in IMAP' box ticked for the 'Starred' system label in Gmail settings.

So, Gmail settings updated and one quick battery pull later everything's now working.
    03-03-12 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD