Anyone going to get a glossy black bezel when they are available? I'm definitely leaning towards it.
    08-30-11 02:31 AM
    i doubt it
    08-30-11 09:17 AM
    i am! i'd prefer flat black though... will definitely make a thread once i get my hands on one..
    08-30-11 10:38 AM
    No way. The color scheme and layout of this thing is darn near perfect just as it is now!
    08-30-11 10:39 AM
    Not sure why but something about a blacked out BB has always intrigued me. Loved how my old 9780 had a blacked out bezel. If/when I get some chips on the current bezel I will probably switch over to Black.
    08-30-11 11:13 AM
    Maybe a black chrome would look nice.
    08-30-11 11:43 AM
    You really want to replace the brushed steel bezel with a glossy black plastic one???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 12:11 PM
    I've blacked out several BB's in the past as I just like the look, however I'm definitely keeping my 9930 as-is. Keep checking cnn.cn periodically - that's always been the best source for housings as far as I know.
    08-30-11 12:33 PM
    You really want to replace the brushed steel bezel with a glossy black plastic one???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hmm, I was hoping that someone would make a steel one, with a black finish. Doesn't even have to be black.
    08-30-11 01:24 PM
    I've blacked out several BB's in the past as I just like the look, however I'm definitely keeping my 9930 as-is. Keep checking cnn.cn periodically - that's always been the best source for housings as far as I know.
    Thanks for the tip, I've been looking at cnn pretty closely. Glad to hear its got a reputation.
    08-30-11 01:25 PM
    Not on this one.

I love the glossy black bezel on my 9780, but the brushed steel on the 9900 just looks too classy to change.
    08-30-11 01:33 PM
    i like the black on the 9780 but thats bc the 9700s plastic metallic bezel was cheap and ugly looking... i think the 9900 has a classier look to it... ill prob stick with oem stuff on my 9900 aside from cases
    08-30-11 02:16 PM
    The other reason I wouldn't do it is because on every device prior, it just doesn't seem the same after reassembly. It's like that new car feeling - once it's in an accident and taken apart, it never quite feels like new again. Did this to my old 8830 then 8330 and they were never the same. Looked great, felt used.
    08-30-11 02:57 PM
    i love the brushed bezel, however, theres a small lip of non brushed metal arount the front where it tapers in.. and that part scratches like a bugger
    08-30-11 03:03 PM
    08-30-11 03:05 PM
    The other reason I wouldn't do it is because on every device prior, it just doesn't seem the same after reassembly. It's like that new car feeling - once it's in an accident and taken apart, it never quite feels like new again. Did this to my old 8830 then 8330 and they were never the same. Looked great, felt used.
    I'm a little worried about that actually. I don't plan doing this for a little while though. By then maybe it'll already feel a bit used to me. If the only black bezels are made of plastic then I'll probably pass.
    08-30-11 03:20 PM
    Hmm, 32.99, that is pretty pricey for just the bezel. Hope it gets cheaper when other places start getting it in.
    08-30-11 04:05 PM
    The disassembly seems much more complicated this time around. The 9000 was a piece of cake. I switched Bezels and trackballs when ever I wanted to change it up. The 9900 seems like there is a lot more chance to screw things up.
    08-30-11 05:22 PM
    The disassembly seems much more complicated this time around. The 9000 was a piece of cake. I switched Bezels and trackballs when ever I wanted to change it up. The 9900 seems like there is a lot more chance to screw things up.
    I never had a 9000, but watching the 9900 disassembly videos, it doesn't look too bad, least I hoping. Definitely seems like there is some risk though. Figure if I'm just careful around the connectors I should be okay.
    08-30-11 05:46 PM
    I never had a 9000, but watching the 9900 disassembly videos, it doesn't look too bad, least I hoping. Definitely seems like there is some risk though. Figure if I'm just careful around the connectors I should be okay.
    Its around the same as the 9000, but with the extra ribbon connectors and the fact you have to take off the lcd frame since its attached to the bezel. Its still easy, compared to the torch slider line, which probably takes the crown as the hardest.
    08-30-11 06:02 PM
    there is risk any time you go to change something on any device... point in case is when i tried to change over a 97xx once, a screw head snapped off on me... something that simple...

as for the bezel, the black is hot, and from the websites description it sounds like its metal with a black coding on it, what kinda... who knows... if they do a proper coding it couldnt scratch or fade or anthing.... but if its painted then you can count on it chipping etc...

i for one am happy with the stock bezel for the time being... time will tell... normally i change it up when i get sick of my "device" and need a new one (normally every 6 months) so if there isnt a BB i like around that time i change up the bezel and stuff to give the illusion that i have a new device lol
    08-30-11 06:04 PM
    Its around the same as the 9000, but with the extra ribbon connectors and the fact you have to take off the lcd frame since its attached to the bezel. Its still easy, compared to the torch slider line, which probably takes the crown as the hardest.
    agreed... the torch is damn near impossible....
    08-30-11 06:04 PM
    there is risk any time you go to change something on any device... point in case is when i tried to change over a 97xx once, a screw head snapped off on me... something that simple...

as for the bezel, the black is hot, and from the websites description it sounds like its metal with a black coding on it, what kinda... who knows... if they do a proper coding it couldnt scratch or fade or anthing.... but if its painted then you can count on it chipping etc...

i for one am happy with the stock bezel for the time being... time will tell... normally i change it up when i get sick of my "device" and need a new one (normally every 6 months) so if there isnt a BB i like around that time i change up the bezel and stuff to give the illusion that i have a new device lol
    Yeah, totally know what you mean, just change something up to give it that new device look haha. I just like having a "custom" device, or a device not exactly like everyone else's and in my area a LOT of people are getting the Bold 9900, I'm actually impressed at how fast it is catching on, considering there really isn't much advertising for it at all except for word of mouth.
    08-30-11 08:46 PM
    i like mine all black too i changed all my bbs to blsck bezel. im just scared because blk pain to metal will it stick good?
    10-19-11 11:42 AM
    the color doesn t stick good, it s crapy
    12-12-11 03:45 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD