Hi guys,
    Just want to seek your assistance on how to update software to 7.1 and I'm also wondering why is it difficult to tap a button or a link just right above the scroll?
    Appreciate the help
    01-24-12 08:14 AM
    Has anyone tried to make it work on their Blackberry?

I have a Torch 9810 and I have updated my OS to 7.1.0.205 which has the Mobile hotspot feature.

I am on prepaid running BBMAX, I've tried every setting available:

internet.globe.com.ph
    http.globe.com.ph

but to no avail, I always get the "please contact your network provider and subscribe to a Mobile Hotspot Data Plan".

anyone who has tried to make it work?

Thanks!
    I have! It's very convenient! And the speed is also decent when the phone gets strong 3G signal.

Just put globe as your username and password!

Btw, internet.globe.com.ph is for postpaid and the other one is for prepaid. I can say it works on both because I got to try it on both.
    Last edited by maroonedfrancis; 01-24-12 at 01:32 PM.
    01-24-12 01:29 PM
    So I won't get 4G next time I visit? I always get good 3G signal my last two visits 9000 and 9700, then again that's with ATT international roaming.
    01-24-12 03:57 PM
    hey guys im on bbmax my apn settings are http.globe.com.ph and my tethering and youtube never works, everytime i try youtube i get an error has occured message, but works fine on my wifi network pls help....
    01-24-12 07:24 PM
    I have! It's very convenient! And the speed is also decent when the phone gets strong 3G signal.

Just put globe as your username and password!

Btw, internet.globe.com.ph is for postpaid and the other one is for prepaid. I can say it works on both because I got to try it on both.
    I did it and it worked but suddenly said that I needed Activation from the provider. Weird because I'm on BBMax which allows tether.
    01-26-12 11:49 AM
    I did it and it worked but suddenly said that I needed Activation from the provider. Weird because I'm on BBMax which allows tether.
    Are you prepaid, or postpaid?
    04-15-12 04:48 PM
    Mobile hotspot doesnt work on much of prepaid users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-16-12 04:12 AM
    hi guys! ask ko lang if nagupgrade na kayo sa 7.1? i haven't tried the leaked versions and other carriers versions e. I saw na may 7.1 na official release ang globe pero v7.1.0.1149 (.342) lang! and when I tried to update mg OS thru DM, nagffreeze lang sa data back-up i tried custom backup with social feeds unchecked and ok naman, pero pag update ng OS once nagstart na sya ng backup, ayun freeze na (maybe because of the social feeds pa rin)

nakakatakot kasi na maging bricked berry lang e, di pa naman ako sanay magtroubleshoot. how did you guys go about this bb issue?
    Last edited by choconoodle; 05-21-12 at 08:42 AM. Reason: updated os version
    05-21-12 04:10 AM
    im using 7.1.0.267.

globe subscriber.
    05-21-12 05:16 AM
    The bold 9900 is not 4G capable, the maximum you can get is HSPA+. Some carriers market HSPA+ as 4G which is not true.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 05:48 AM
    im using 7.1.0.267.

globe subscriber.
    san mo pala nakuha ung version mo? thanks! yung nakikita ko kasi v7.1.0.1149 (.342)
    05-21-12 08:04 AM
    OTA bro. nung nag check ako, yun ang lumabas na version e. you can always do it using DM na lang and get one of the newer OS here in CB
    05-21-12 09:00 AM
    Moving to Manila in a week. Just wondering if mobile hotspot works with the Globe mobile bbmax 599 plan. Also, what's the difference between a postpaid and prepaid plan. Thanks in advance.
    07-30-12 09:48 AM
    Postpaid is you get a monthly bill, prepaid is prepaid.

For now, mobile hotspot works on postpaid, but on/off on prepaid.

08-02-12 06:05 AM
    Will be going to pinas in the middle of september...heard from my cousin back home that Globe is the best network out there for plans. Will be taking my unlocked 9900 and I was wondering for the Blackberry MAX Pre-Paid, is there an option where I can add some text and calls? (for emergencies)

Also will be going to Thailand for a week or so...will the Globe pre-paid sim card work in that country?

Final thing, will I have to configure my APN settings when receiving my sim card? If so, can anybody post them?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Maybach_Music; 08-02-12 at 10:59 PM.
    08-02-12 10:53 PM
    Will be going to pinas in the middle of september...heard from my cousin back home that Globe is the best network out there for plans. Will be taking my unlocked 9900 and I was wondering for the Blackberry MAX Pre-Paid, is there an option where I can add some text and calls? (for emergencies)

Also will be going to Thailand for a week or so...will the Globe pre-paid sim card work in that country?

Final thing, will I have to configure my APN settings when receiving my sim card? If so, can anybody post them?

Thanks!
    Globe and smart offers 599/30d unli bbm, other options for call and text. Smart has the widest coverage, but then again it really depends on where you are in the phils.

You can enable roaming with either globe or smart before going to thailand.

Apn you set if you want to use net tethering.

Smart-internet

Globe
    Prepaid-http.globe.com.ph

08-04-12 06:02 PM
    Moving to Manila in a week. Just wondering if mobile hotspot works with the Globe mobile bbmax 599 plan. Also, what's the difference between a postpaid and prepaid plan. Thanks in advance.

Mobile hotspot works with bbmax, if in case it asks for username and password, just click cancel, the hotspot will still load eventually. It depends on the os, early os 7 with the first hotspot function (can't remember which version anymore) didn't ask for username password credentials, only recent os7.1.

Sent from my Blackberry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-05-12 04:57 PM
    This is a good thread..ill be going to the Philippines for holidays too, do they have prepaid plans for blackberries that'll suit my 2 weeks stay?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9981
    08-05-12 06:00 PM
    This is a good thread..ill be going to the Philippines for holidays too, do they have prepaid plans for blackberries that'll suit my 2 weeks stay?

Globe has a prepaird plan for blackberry, you'll just have to buy a prepaid simcard anywhere and sms "BBMAX599" without the quotes to 8888. This subscription will provide you with unlimited bis for one month.

599 Pesos is more or less 15 USD
    08-06-12 02:49 AM
    thats a pretty good deal! ill keep that in mind. Thanks a lot

08-06-12 03:20 AM

we have 2 major carriers, SMART and GLOBE.
    im on globe and 3G is crap, sometimes OK sometimes not. on the other hand, i rarely get any complaints from SMART 3G users

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 07:31 PM
    Hi guys, I am new to Globe Blackberry. I got a postpaid plan 499 with an added BB Chat of 99/month. In order to send chat messages do I have to have my data plan ON? Does this mean that my data plan is only limited to BB Chat so I won't have any bill shock at the end of the month?
    01-14-13 01:44 AM
    Hi guys, I am new to Globe Blackberry. I got a postpaid plan 499 with an added BB Chat of 99/month. In order to send chat messages do I have to have my data plan ON? Does this mean that my data plan is only limited to BB Chat so I won't have any bill shock at the end of the month?
    I assume the P499 is consumable? If so yes, you have to have your data (GPRS/EDGE/3G) on to send and receive chats and yes the data is only limited to BB chat. If you browse etc. it will be billed on top of your P499+P99 with TIME or KB browsing charges if I'm not mistaken..
    01-14-13 03:16 AM
    since you have bb chat on, you can have unlimited bbm without worrying of the per min/per kb data charges. once you use the net, you will be charged.
    01-15-13 11:03 PM
    Using my bb 9900 bbmax plan for globe as hotspot via ipad. I wonder why my friend (torch 9810) has an hspda signal while i only have 3g.
    02-15-13 04:22 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD