Just finished charging it and when I took it off the charger both the keyboard and touchscreen stopped working. Just a black screen and a red LED light flashing. Then it came alive and all of the keystrokes showed up in password...then it went dead again and would not function. So I have removed the battery and it is on timeout for about 1 hour after which I hope it starts to behave itself.......
    10-27-11 11:27 AM
    Ok, figured out a temporary solution. I think there is really a problem with NFC on my blackberry, and since I got mine unlocked online, I can't return it. So once I kept the back cover off and started it up, it works fine. Let's us hope it will stay that way. And at least now I can use my cases. nn

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-27-11 11:38 PM
    Ok, figured out a temporary solution. I think there is really a problem with NFC on my blackberry, and since I got mine unlocked online, I can't return it. So once I kept the back cover off and started it up, it works fine. Let's us hope it will stay that way. And at least now I can use my cases. nn

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Put a very small piece of paper between the NFC contacts and the back cover.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 12:19 AM
    Put a very small piece of paper between the NFC contacts and the back cover.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.
    10-28-11 02:36 AM
    Ok, so my blackberry is still giving alot of problems. Now when I do the battery pull it works for a little while, but then it shuts down and the keys and the screen are not functioning at all. I can see all those notifications from bbm, email, whatsapp, facebook, text messages. But, I cannot access them...really frustrating.

I am about to attempt the crackberry 101 lesson: 'How to Reload the OS on a Nuked or Bricked blackberry.'

I will be upgrading to OS 7.0.0.439

Wish me luck....

I hope this works. My blackberry has been offline for the past three days...
    10-30-11 09:36 AM
    Oh well I have tried everything to get my blackberry to work. I have had to go back to using my blackberry 9700. I thought the bold was supposed to be the flagship device for RIM. But the amount of stress that this device has given me within the past three weeks. Constantly having to pull the battery, intermittently working touchscreen. Keypad that types without me touching it.

I really expected better from
    RIM.
    10-30-11 04:28 PM
    Oh well I have tried everything to get my blackberry to work. I have had to go back to using my blackberry 9700. I thought the bold was supposed to be the flagship device for RIM. But the amount of stress that this device has given me within the past three weeks. Constantly having to pull the battery, intermittently working touchscreen. Keypad that types without me touching it.

I really expected better from
    RIM.
    Some devices are just duds. Doesn't matter if its from RIM, Apple, or Samsung. There have been plenty of Bold 9900 owners who have had zero problems. That's why its a good idea to buy your device new while its still covered under warranty. Are you sure you still aren't covered under warranty?

10-30-11 04:45 PM
    I have had my BB9930 since day one and I have had zero issues. The device is amazing and works without flaw.
    10-30-11 05:00 PM
    Yeah, the 30 day warranty is up. Although the problems started within the 30 day period, but I just didn't want to not at least attempt to fix it. I should have just sent it back the first sign of trouble. Damn!!!
    10-30-11 05:56 PM
    Ok crackberry nation, I am still here fighting the crackberry fight. I cannot do without my Blackberry. And I loved the old style form factor of the bold 9000 soooo much, that I was really disappointed when I saw the tiny 9700, but grew to love it regardless.

Obviously, when the 9900 came out I could not wait to get my hands on it. So I did not give up...I could not.

So before I left for my ER shift last night, I did a device switch back to my 9700. I cant get anything off the 9900 when I touch the keyboard or the screen of the 9900, but it connects to the computer via USB . After the successful device switch I then deleted ALL my data from the 9900, and nearly reached late for my shift..... My spouse reminded me that I had to go to work and the blackberry would still be there when i came back home....

Reached home, went to sleep....could not look upon the 9900. Wokeup this morning, and wouldn't you believe it, the friggin Bold 9900 was working fine as when it came out of the box.

So my conclusion was that it had to be an app or something that was causing the problem. The clean wipe reset the device and it was running on the original settings as when I first bought it....

So master plan.....do a device switch again from 9700 back to 9900, but without the 3rd party apps. The device became immediately unresponsive again.

Now sometime yesterday I had downloaded and installed the .439 OS update, but had not deleted the vendor.xml files, so the update wasnt showing up when I connected the bold to the computer.

Now I did a search and deleted the vendor.xml file. Then rebooted my computer and plugged in the device and the .439 OS update showed up in desktop, so I went ahead and updated my device, even though it was still unresponsive.

So this time did a clean wipe of the device to restore it back to factory settings, and hopefully remove the problem which was within the operating system, I guess, yesterday and hopefully it will work now......
    10-31-11 11:19 AM
    Quite the adventure you've been on. I never take settings or apps esp when going to a different OS version. The only things I care about transferring is contacts, pics, docs etc. I can reinstall everything else and set it up like I want. It's more of a pain but better then getting corrupted files and apps that don't work or cause trouble.
    10-31-11 11:41 AM
    What kbz said. Also, check your memory card. Sometimes they get corrupted and wreak untold havoc on the phone in places you'd never suspect.

I'd say, after you do a full wipe, just reinstall apps one at a time. Most vendors keep track of what you've purchased and let you re-download them. It can be time-consuming, but it's the only way to figure out what's causing your issues.

Good luck.

10-31-11 11:52 AM
    Thanks guys. That is what I have just done. I did a full wipe, removed battery, SIM card and memory card.

Booted the phone up and started from scratch. The only app I think I will keep is the facebook app.

I need my blackberry to work at all times for emails/bbm/calls/text. It is my work phone.

I also have an iphone 4 for personal use. I think I will just have to use all my apps on that.

I am now afraid to load anything on my blackberry. This was waaaaayyyy too much drama.
    10-31-11 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD