After my 9700 died I decided to switch to the 9900, my first handset had very poor battery life, only lasting around six hours on standby, so I exchanged it for another unit. The second had very similar issues, poor battery life, and network dropping off all the time.

I put up with the issues for a while because it's such a great phone, the keypad is amazing, as is the touchscreen, and the OS, but I very reluctantly had to downgrade to a 9780.

When I swapped the unit today, one of the sales staff came clean and told me that a lot of people had returned them with the same problems. I really hope that RIM sort out these issues, and when they do I may consider buying a 9900 again, simply because they are so amazing to use. Maybe I had two of a faulty batch, but I have seen quite a few reports on this site of battery faults.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has returned theirs, and if Blackberry have released any acknowledgement of the above faults. Tried calling them direct today andf they wanted to charge me $49 just to log the call!!

I really don't know how other users on here are managing to get the amount of battery life being reported.
    10-24-11 03:17 PM
    I switch from 8900. The battery life on the 8900 was great and yes my 9930's battery life doesnt compare to the 8900. All my droid friends get less life out of there battery than the 9930. I have adjusted I can get a 12hrs out of using my phone. Very Hi usage of bbm and texting will cut it to about 7. That is very avg for phone today.
    10-24-11 03:44 PM
    Good to know, I have been seriously considering the TMO 9900
    10-24-11 03:45 PM
    Battery life on my 4-day old 9930 is excellent however I've already lost the "s" key and my "enter" key is not far behind. When I go to get a replacement phone tonight I will definitely be keeping the battery from my current unit.
    10-24-11 03:49 PM
    Battery life on my 4-day old 9930 is excellent however I've already lost the "s" key and my "enter" key is not far behind. When I go to get a replacement phone tonight I will definitely be keeping the battery from my current unit.
    I would definitely advise you to do that!
    10-24-11 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD