My 9930 died and was replaced by Verizon with a "new" one.

When I loaded the OS I inadvertently loaded it as a new device instead of restoring using the backup.

What I'm trying to do is get my 9930 with the SAME 3d-party software as the previous.
    The other device is already in Verizon's hands (they give you a quick 5 days to do that), but it wouldn't matter anyway since that wouldn't boot to allow me to do a wipe. It is as dead as Julius Caesar's ghost. So I can't do a "switch device".

I do have the backups from my previous 9930, I even my 9960 Tour (and believe me I tried restoring from that but not by wiping first). But when I tried restoring my 3rd-party software it doesn't show up; I have to download everything again from BBAppWorld (I somehow managed to keep the older v2 version which I like better than that fancy-dancy one on my device).

The thing is when I received the initial 9930 in August I installed by "switch devices" utility on BBDM, thereby migrating some of the 3rd-Party software which some of those developers hadn't tweaked for OS7 yet, but which worked flawlessly for me. (The Amazon & Turner Classic Movies apps are merely 2.) So I'm trying to get my replaced 9930 at the same 3d-party state as it was maybe a week ago.

I'm assuming it's wipe using "Wipe_JLCmder," then what else?

I'm an 'ole fart' who, as my grandkid says, "knows enough to be dangerous," so I don't know how to save third-party apps from a device, etc.; I know how to backup, restore, wipe and restore again.

Any suggestions? Or is it just, keep wishing?
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 11-03-11 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo-fixin'
    11-03-11 08:35 AM
    you need to download it all again. if you did a device switch, loader or DM will pull those cod files from existing 3rd party apps. if you didnt do that, since 3rd party apps dont get backed up normally, they wont show up on a restore. go back to appworld and log in. your list of apps from your other phone should show up in "uninstalled". just reinstall them.
    11-03-11 08:39 AM
    I much prefer to start fresh every time I load a new OS anyhow. I've always felt it just runs better without restoring and loading as new. Installing apps isn't nearly as painful as it used to be, so it only takes me 20 minutes to download and install the 15 or so apps I keep regularly.
    11-03-11 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD