Hey everyone,

I am going to upgrade to the 9900 from the 9780, and I would like to transfer all my BBM contacts over to the new Bold. I know it's easily done using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but that sends a new request to everyone on my BBM list.

Is there anyway I can transfer all my BBM contacts to the new bold without sending them all a new friend request again?

I am asking this because I keep changing a lot of phones, and my friends are lil jealous of that

Appreciate the help
    02-13-12 11:17 AM
    Try Blackberry Protect

Desktop manager also has the backup and restore option that allows you to save your contacts, do a full backup as well

Connect the 9900 and restore as well as restore from BB protect and see if it worked
    02-13-12 11:52 AM
    As far as I know when I did that it dident re send requests. I may be wrong though.
    02-13-12 11:56 AM
    Doesn't send bbm requests unless their PIN has changed and their new bbm is linked to their old account...it should restore all your bbm contacts after verifying with the server...done it many times and no issues.
    02-13-12 02:23 PM
    I think if you login to BB ID it will ask if you would lkike to restore the BBm contacts. Just open BBm press menu/options then select backup contacts before switching devices.
    02-13-12 02:33 PM
    I would add that you should always backup bbm contacts both locally AND remotely..you can use one of your already setup email addresses to backup to remotely and ofcourse save the bbm backup to your media card. This way you will have a remote backup should the media card backup get corrupted.
    02-13-12 02:37 PM
    I tried Blackberry Protect, and it did not back-up the BBM contacts.

and if I take a backup using the desktop manager or my memory card, the friends on my contact list get a new request because I'll be having a different pin on my Blackberry.

any more suggestions?
    02-13-12 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD