From the first day I got the 9930 from Verizon online, the Backup Manager didn't work. Tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it. Nothing worked. Finally today I took it into Verizon and the guy says, "I can fix it." He comes back 5 minutes later with it rebooting, and says I'll have to connect it to BB Desktop to restore it. Well, the phone won't connect to BBD when the phone is rebooting.

I took it back, and he tried to restore it there. It's now completely dead, it just keeps rebooting over and over again. They're shipping me a new one overnight.

I've had to activate my old BB Tour. Can't wait to get my new 9930!! I guess I didn't know how much I liked it until I didn't have it.

Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon I'll have some new Blackberry goodness!!!
    10-26-11 08:44 PM
    I am happy to hear that you are so pumped to get your new, new Bold. I am up for my upgrade nov1st and I am leaning towards the samsung galaxy s2 or the iphone 4s, however I am not sure if I can live without a physical keyboard. I loved my bb 8330 and liked my 8530. As an owner of the 8530 I wished for a "Palm" pixi like bb and said I would get it when it came out,my wife had one and I was jealous that she had touch and keyboard. Do you really like your Bold touch? I feel like it is technologically behind the other two phones I mentioned above. I like the bold touch but is it worth being stuck with for 22 months? Any input would help. Again hope you get your BB goodness ASAP I am stuck with a cracked screen samsung transform right now. On sprint by the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sparkeater79; 10-26-11 at 09:13 PM.
    10-26-11 09:02 PM
    I don't even use the touch feature that often, but it's better than scrolling with the track pad at times. I couldn't live without the physical keyboard. That's why I took the LG Charge back and got the BOLD. The buttons on the BOLD are a little bigger, making texting a lot easier.

Another reason I went with the BOLD is because it was physically smaller than a lot of touch phones out there. I don't want to carry around a miniature tablet. I want something I can stick in my pocket, and not really know it's there. I don't use any apps. I just need phone capability, texting, email, some documents, and other simple uses. I guess it depends on what your needs are. I just couldn't stand a full touch screen, but then again I never took the time to get use to it.

I also didn't care for anything 4G. With heavy use of the BOLD all day long my battery was down 50%, and occasionally down to 25%. Normal use for the day I have 75% battery life left.

One other thing that might help with your decision is the camera. Even though the BOLD has a high megapixel camera, it's not auto focus. My old crappy, BB Tour took stellar pictures! But I'm a little disappointed in the picture quality of the BOLD.
    Last edited by Tortex; 10-26-11 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added content
    10-26-11 09:25 PM
    I don't use Verizon's contacts backup app as a general rule. Personally, I prefer Google Sync, since it allows me to edit my contacts in any browser and I don't have to rely on Verizon to give me my crucial data if it ever disappears from the phone.
    10-26-11 10:27 PM
    I second google sync! Everything goes to the cloud.
    10-26-11 11:11 PM
    I don't use Verizon's contacts backup app as a general rule. Personally, I prefer Google Sync, since it allows me to edit my contacts in any browser and I don't have to rely on Verizon to give me my crucial data if it ever disappears from the phone.
    Thanks for the input. I'll definitely look into Google Sync.
    10-27-11 03:30 AM
    that's some good stuff, thanks Tortex for the input. I wonder when a dual core bb Bold will be coming....

10-27-11 06:59 AM
    Yesterday, i used my bold to bbm with my little brother.
    I put it on charge and went to sleep.

On the morning, i woke up in a hurry. The alarm clock on my 9900 did not its job.
    I get the phone to see if i had received something on it. The screen was blank. I tried to start it. Nothing happened.
    The Led was flashing slowly. 3 seconds red, 5 seconds off.
    I tried a hard boot. No reaction.

I tried to plug it on the PC without the battery. The phone is recognized once than Loader, DM, BBSAK etc... say to me that the phone is not connected.

It seems like i lost everything on it, photos, videos, contacts, tasks, memos... since last time i get a backup... a month ago...

I bought the my 9900 about one month and a half ago...

I'm really depressed to lost that phone. Get to go back on my 9700.

My Operator said that they would fix it within 15 days, (or may not)...

Really sad...
    10-28-11 03:04 AM
    The 9930 comes with BlackBerry Protect already installed. It backs up contacts, PIM data/memos, browser bookmarks, texts, WiFi profiles. All to the cloud and it can locate your lost phone.

10-28-11 03:40 AM
    There are too many horror stories on the bold...sux.

10-28-11 04:12 AM
    Can Anyone tell me if he got the same issue ?
    11-03-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD