I was using the blackberry bold 9900 and just got the iphone 5. I have an old unlimited data sim card that works well all my old phones (nokia E61, iphone 3GS). Anyway, i have to type long emails for work and wanted to use the pay as you go (non-blackberry) ATT sim card in my blackberry bold as I still love the keyboard (I know why carry two phones) but have a problem. I put the sim card into my blackberry phone but can't get gmail to work or aol mail to work. The internet works and so does my work email but none of those work. I wonder if it has anything to do with not using blackberry BES or anything like that (When I go into setup and go to email accounts and go to internet accounts, it says "your device had a problem connecting to the server"). I know the sim card works as it works in my unlocked iphone 3GS and i can get my aol and gmail on that. Any suggestions so that I can get all my emails working on my blackberry bold 9900 using a non-blackberry pay as you go ATT sim card? Thanks
    11-11-12 06:26 PM
    You need a BlackBerry data plan for push email.
    11-11-12 06:33 PM
    And you cannot get BlackBerry Data on an AT&T pre-paid service.
    11-11-12 07:04 PM