So you don't have to charge it for 10 hours long?
    02-05-12 01:13 PM
    Charging it for more than X number of hours will not make a difference. Li-ion batteries will not allow this and will cut it off to prevent this from happening. This would in turn prevent it from catching fire or venting/exploding. These crazy tales do not apply anymore, thus, are rubbish, nonsense.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-03-12 at 09:42 PM. Reason: off topic response
    02-05-12 02:56 PM
    @gees97. I for one love my bold 9900 and have not needed to take it in for repair or exchange it. The issue has been fixed if you do update to a newer OS version than the stock one. Also, there are bad batches in every brand of phones and recalls are usually silent to not affect sales. I wouldn't go about bashing research in motion because you are having a very bad experience (the select few that is), just because a select few has that issue, doesn't mean everybody does.. And it makes no difference Whatsoever how long you try to charge that battery, because once it's done, 's done. It won't charge any further.. Google li-ion battery and you will see the microe prevent it from more of a charge once they're at capacity. There is no overcharging risk, that only applied to NIMH and NICD batteries.
    02-05-12 04:01 PM
    @gees97 also, every single blackberry device is going to be different and will affect each user differently. An update can make or break one thing, a downgrade can do the same. I have dealt with those experiences and I don't complain.

Besides that, I wish this thread didn't get derailed.
    Oooh take it easy, you can talk whatever you like, thanks for your replies, now I know I don't have to overcharge.
    Can't wait, and is it easy to upgrade the phone?
    02-05-12 04:26 PM
    I got my 9900 just this last friday! I remember the last 3 days leading to it was brutal.

Anyway, I love the device. I'm not too bothered by the lack of AF on the camera because I never expect much from phone cameras anyway.

Battery life is not bad, 10 hours of emails/BBM/gtalk/fb/twitter on-and-off, I still have 40% left over.

Only thing annoying me is the inability to remap my keyboard to a QWERTZ. Seems really dumb for an international smartphone to NOT be able to do. My autocorrect dictionary is now 500+ words strong, of words with letters y or z reversed in it. (PLEASE fix this, RIM! Or mail me a 9900 from Germany!)
    02-05-12 04:58 PM
    I got my 9900 just this last friday! I remember the last 3 days leading to it was brutal.

Anyway, I love the device. I'm not too bothered by the lack of AF on the camera because I never expect much from phone cameras anyway.

Battery life is not bad, 10 hours of emails/BBM/gtalk/fb/twitter on-and-off, I still have 40% left over.

Only thing annoying me is the inability to remap my keyboard to a QWERTZ. Seems really dumb for an international smartphone to NOT be able to do. My autocorrect dictionary is now 500+ words strong, of words with letters y or z reversed in it. (PLEASE fix this, RIM! Or mail me a 9900 from Germany!)
    There is a qwerty fix, you'll have to search the forums for the thread. Mind you, I need to add it to my devices bookmarks for future reference.
    02-05-12 05:01 PM
    There is a qwerty fix, you'll have to search the forums for the thread. Mind you, I need to add it to my devices bookmarks for future reference.
    I spent the a total of maybe 5-6 hours going through the Crackberry forums and google to fix this and so far everything has failed. If you can find the fix and it works, i'll be ever so grateful!

For now, I'm hoping the official 7.1 OS release will make the Deutsch input back to a QWERTZ. Or create the keyboard layout option, like on the PlayBook.
    02-05-12 05:16 PM
    I spent the a total of maybe 5-6 hours going through the Crackberry forums and google to fix this and so far everything has failed. If you can find the fix and it works, i'll be ever so grateful!

For now, I'm hoping the official 7.1 OS release will make the Deutsch input back to a QWERTZ. Or create the keyboard layout option, like on the PlayBook.
    Found it, there are some procedures. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9930-9900-f235/9900-kezboard-keyboard-issue-y-7-vs-z-686608/
    02-05-12 05:18 PM
    Hope You Enjoy Your New Device!
    02-05-12 06:40 PM
    Buy an iphone if you want a perfect phone. But buy a blackberry if you wanna constantly be repairing it as if its a used car. Lol not everyone knows how to reload OS's and it shouldn't be a requirement when you buy a blackberry. If everyone knew how to fix their blackberrys RIM wouldn't be losing soo many customers. Right? Lol
    Whatever you say, it's your opinion, and I respect that. All my friends they say that I shouldn't buy a BB because for the same amount of money as the i4 and Nexus, you get 'less'. But I don't care, first it's the best Bold/BB ever, and it can finally compete against the higher ends phones, so that's all I ask for. To top that of, it has the formfactor of the 9900.

It's now 7:51 am in Holland, getting it around 4 pm
    Going to take a good look at the white and black before I pull the trigure
    02-06-12 12:54 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD