Anyone got advice or words for me for when I get it? I'm familiar with OS7 as had a 9810 previously and its being swapped for this new 9900.

Is there any genuine OEM hard shells for the 9900 like the 9810 have that is officially Blackberry? My 9810 had one I bought. It fit so snugly and was way better then thick otterbox crap.

How good is the keyboard? The 9810's keyboard is rock hard, awkward and uncomfortable for typing on.
    11-04-11 06:10 AM
    Give yourself one day on the 99 keyboard, and then try the 9810 again. It'll feel like typing on a stone tablet.

And the Otterbox Commuter is still my choice for cases, as it adds very little bulk but makes the sexy 99 feel secure in my hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rrrebo; 11-04-11 at 08:09 AM. Reason: typo
    11-04-11 06:30 AM
    Anyone got advice or words for me for when I get it? I'm familiar with OS7 as had a 9810 previously and its being swapped for this new 9900.

Is there any genuine OEM hard shells for the 9900 like the 9810 have that is officially Blackberry? My 9810 had one I bought. It fit so snugly and was way better then thick otterbox crap.

How good is the keyboard? The 9810's keyboard is rock hard, awkward and uncomfortable for typing on.
    Some people like the hard shell cases, while other like the soft shell. I am a self confessed phone w h o r e so I get them all. I did got with the soft shell and it fits like a glove. I also got the pocket case and swivel holster. All of these are genuine OEM cases and I also got the OtterBox Commuter case as well. You can use the Commuter case and the 9000 holster for the best of both worlds.

Shop around for the cases - you can find some good deals on them.

Just like rrrebo says, just wait until you try that keyboard.......
    11-04-11 07:25 AM
    Here's the OEM BlackBerry hard shell case for the 99xx series:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=_-qTpox-

That being said I've also got the Otterbox Commuter. While it's certainly a trademark OtterBox by design, it is nice and thin, and adds very little bulk to the device. I think a lot of people automatically think of the Defender series of OtterBoxes when the name comes up, and don't realize that there are other options from OtterBox. I'm not saying that is necessarily the case with the OP, just in general.

I also concur regarding the keyboard, it's ridiculous now nice it is. I pulled out my old 9630 the other day to look at one of the settings I had on it, and the keyboard felt stiff as a board. I couldn't imagine how I typed on it for almost 2 years. The keyboard is THAT good. Enjoy your 9900!
    11-04-11 07:43 AM
    I've heard that the keyboard is the best ever on any BlackBerry and overall the 9930/9900 is the best BlackBerry ever. Due to the thinness of the phone RIM had to downsize the battery. The battery life isn't as good as previous Bolds. I'll take that faster processor and touch screen over any BlackBerry out. I can't wait until January when I get my 9930 on Sprint.

11-04-11 11:00 AM
    Otterbox Commuter for me too
    11-04-11 04:39 PM
    Otterbox Defender may have bulk but you will be thankful the first time that you drop the 9900. it took owning five berries of my own and a sixth one, the 9900, that will be issued to me next week at work, to buy into any case. I have a Defender case on my PB 64 GB and I feel better about potential drops.
    11-04-11 06:17 PM
    The Defender case for the 9900 has a built-in screen protector and holster. it is on sale on Shop CB on this site.
    11-04-11 06:19 PM
    The Defender is scuffing 99s. Be wary.

11-04-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD