That is the question! I have a bud selling his brand new 9900 still in wrap. I have a curve 8530 and want to upgrade. Ive been reading on here all night about the bricking and problems. Just want to know if its still a recommended phone or not. Ive played with them at best buy and love the phone. Price is too good to turn down but i dont want to have problems. Any input would be great!
    11-16-11 09:29 PM
    Get. Keep the curve for a backup just for peace of mind. Only suggestion is to grab one of the later OS leaks to improve out-of-the-box battery life. Otherwise the phone just rocks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 09:32 PM
    Go for it...your 8530 is stone age compared to this. Great device!

11-16-11 09:35 PM
    Get it.

Yes 10 char -__-.
    11-16-11 09:36 PM
    Don't worry about the 'bricking'. There are loads of 9900s out there and as usual with any product, those with problems are attracted to relevant threads and the issues seem worse than the reality.

For my tuppence worth, ALL phones 'do my head in' (as you might say, make me mad) but the 9900 for its faults (mine has a memory leak which I do not expext on a 2011 phone) but the 9900 is the best of a bunch of devices which will all ultimately cause frustration. (I had an SG2 for two weeks, sold my iPod Touch...)

The standout feature of the 9900 for me is the way it feels in the hand and how easy it is to operate. Pick one up and see for yourself. If there is a more ergonomic phone out there, please let me know, because in this regard I think the 9900 is unmatchable. Combine this with a very good display and sound, competent OS and browser (might even say a very competent browser) and good antennas and you've got a truly useful device.

That said, I think in today's modern smartphone market you could take any phone and be stuck with it for a while and start to convince yourself (and therefore try to convince everyone around you as some people do around here) that you have the best phone ever designed. But I think if you're considering the 9900 and like your 8520, you'll be stoked.

11-16-11 09:48 PM
    Go for it... You'll regret it if you don't. I had a 8530... My 9930 blows it outta the water.

11-16-11 09:54 PM
    Let's see, keep the POS Ford or buy the Mercedes for $50? I'm not sure.
    Yep, this is pretty much all that needs to be said!

11-16-11 10:35 PM
    Get 9900.. you won't regret it. The keyboard is the best, the screen is sharp and bright, touch screen + trackpad work well together, OS is smooth, browsing is great, etc...

And the improved hardware specs of the 9900 mean it'll improve your bridge functionality and speed with your Playbook.
    11-16-11 11:43 PM
    You should already have gotten it =)
    11-17-11 12:25 AM
    No question, get it. The freakishly slim profile will be hard to adjust to(atleast it was for me). Snap on a rubberised hard cover & you're storted though.

11-17-11 12:39 AM
    That is the question! I have a bud selling his brand new 9900 still in wrap. I have a curve 8530 and want to upgrade. Ive been reading on here all night about the bricking and problems. Just want to know if its still a recommended phone or not. Ive played with them at best buy and love the phone. Price is too good to turn down but i dont want to have problems. Any input would be great!
    How much is he selling it for might I ask?
    11-17-11 12:46 AM
    I grabbed the TMobile brand D30 rubber slip on at the store. Reinforced corners and form fit to the exact shape. I forgot the cost but who cares. 'Won't fit with a case but I don't use them anyway. Great phone.
    Same here man, I haven't even unpacked the holster! Make sure you use a hard cover, soft covers don't really protect

11-17-11 07:37 AM
    holy thanks guys/gals. Goin to pick it up tomorrow! You guys made me want it even more now lol.
    11-17-11 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD