Hey everyone!

Just received my first BlackBerry phone today (Bold 9930) and I am really liking it so far. One thing that I can't seem to figure out is if there is a way to view a text message from the home screen instead of clicking the tiny message symbol. For example wake up the phone and see on the home screen "12:10am Dan: How are you?" instead of waking the phone and then having to click on the tiny message icon.

Thanks for the help
    09-07-11 12:23 AM
    I think I've seen an app that does this, But I'm almost positive the phone cant do it out of the box. Sorry.
    ncik88 likes this.
    09-07-11 12:24 AM
    I think I've seen an app that does this, But I'm almost positive the phone cant do it out of the box. Sorry.
    Thanks for the quick reply...yeah I was figuring as much since I didn't see any info about it anywhere. Hopefully I will become more advanced with my Blackberry over the next few days. Thanks again
    09-07-11 12:26 AM
    Hey everyone!

Just received my first BlackBerry phone today (Bold 9930) and I am really liking it so far. One thing that I can't seem to figure out is if there is a way to view a text message from the home screen instead of clicking the tiny message symbol. For example wake up the phone and see on the home screen "12:10am Dan: How are you?" instead of waking the phone and then having to click on the tiny message icon.

Thanks for the help
    get crunchsms .
    09-07-11 12:27 AM
    Your welcome! But if you REALLY want to show your thanks, you can click on mah Thanks button! :P
    ncik88 likes this.
    09-07-11 12:27 AM
    Yeah like what rafiks said get crunch sms and youll be able to get pop up text messages in your homescreen for quick replys also you get new skins
    ncik88 likes this.
    09-07-11 12:32 AM
    Your welcome! But if you REALLY want to show your thanks, you can click on mah Thanks button! :P
    downloading it now...Thanks a lot
    09-07-11 12:34 AM
    Yeah like what rafiks said get crunch sms and youll be able to get pop up text messages in your homescreen for quick replys also you get new skins
    Thank you, I am not sure why this is not an option for the Blackberry already. Thanks for the suggestion again.
    09-07-11 12:36 AM
    Also, if you don't want to download the app (for memory sakes), you can go into options and turn off home screen dialing, then you can use your keyboard shortcuts. i.e. M for messages, N for blackberry messenger, A for address book, C for composing a new message. That's all I use. All my message icons are hidden :

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 02:31 AM
    Also, if you don't want to download the app (for memory sakes), you can go into options and turn off home screen dialing, then you can use your keyboard shortcuts. i.e. M for messages, N for blackberry messenger, A for address book, C for composing a new message. That's all I use. All my message icons are hidden :

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is also a great option. I really have no clue when it comes to the shortcuts on my BlackBerry. I am slowly finding new things everyday.
    09-07-11 09:23 AM
    there is a great list of BB shortcuts somewhere here on CB (cant remember where) im sure if you googled it you could find plenty. a quick rule of thumb is that if u have homescreen dialing turned off, when you are scrolling around the icon list with the trackpad you will notice some of the titles have an underlined letter within them. that underlined letter is assigned keyboard shortcut for that application.

for ex Messages. M will open messages
    Blackberry Messenger. N opens BBm
    etc etc..
    09-07-11 10:26 AM
    ...or BerryPopUp is another good app that shows you your messages (texts and emails) on your homescreen, allowing you to reply, mark as opened, delete etc.
    09-07-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD