Left my week old 9900 overnight charging. Woke up to an 83% charge.

Now, that makes no sense. Wondering if this is an omen of things to come...

Wondering if I should invest in a battery, or if this is a phone issue. I know some suspect these batteries aren't good. If this continues, is this a defect I that would be covered?

Eta: oh, no apps running overnight.
    12-06-11 01:54 PM
    If you are using a pod the oem unit is a joke. Very easy to lose connection. I woke up to only 65% once. Although age might explain some of that. If not, a week is not enough time for a BB to "break in." Do daily battery pulls for a while. They tend to sort out.
    12-06-11 02:06 PM
    Okay, will give it some time, but will be watchful.

No apps where running, it was fully connected, but I did install Tiny Meter yesterday. How ironic would it be if TM caused a leak. I might see that if the charger wasn't connected though.
    12-06-11 02:21 PM
    Irony is the soul of Blackberry.
    12-06-11 02:42 PM
    I'd press "like" if I had the option on the mobile!

12-06-11 03:28 PM
    was having the exact same problem as you, and i tried everything including battery pulls, os reloads and wipes, etc but nothing worked. UNTIL i figured my 3 year old blackberry charger was the problem ! went to future shop and bought a rocketfish wall charger and my problem is now gone !! try a few diff chargers and see if that works. i also bought a little dock for my phone to !
    12-06-11 04:09 PM
    I will do that - I have a few around here that I'll try. Great tip, thanks!
    12-06-11 04:18 PM
    Charging on a different charger, we'll see how that works.

I have noticed that sometimes the flashing charging "lightening bolt" sometimes stops and turns to just a solid plug, before it's fully charged. I noticed that the other day, and it happened today on a different charger. Thinking it might be related.

LOL, just documenting her, in case I wake up to a bricked bold and this is somehow related
    12-06-11 08:01 PM
    yes the bolt is definatley related as that's what was happening to mine as well
    but as soon as i updated chargers it went away
    also i just bought a new battery off of ebay, and haven't seen the bolt since
    since i updated to almost every os, and it didn't resolve the bolt problem
    im almost positive its the battery or charger causing this problem
    good luck !
    12-07-11 12:26 PM
    I don't think it's the charger - I'm having trouble mainitaining the "lightening bolt" that shows it's charging on three different chargers now. I think that's related, but I'll keep trying to tweek it!
    12-08-11 03:09 AM
    It was a combination of two things....since I upgraded to .440 (official upgrade OTA), no more problems with the lightening bolt. And the charger was also defunct. I didn't realize that it wasn't fully charging my previous phone either. doh!
    12-10-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD