I have been a very positive poster here on the 9900/9930 fourms. But the lack of apps and support from the developers is starting to make me think I made a mistake coming back to BB. I can't believe it takes this long to fix apps to run on OS 7. I took a big loss coming from android to gain what I like on blackberry but enough is enough I need more support from RIM or the app developers. I have sent several emails to developers of apps I purchased and don't work correctly but no response! This type of treatment will hurt blackberries new devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sopon.r, nabatron, Chrisy and 3 others like this.
    09-14-11 06:53 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of BlackBerry developers left the platform in the time between when they made the app to now.
    09-14-11 06:59 PM
    Oh no! I'm thinking of returning in Jan. You've talked so highly of the 9930. But I appreciate the honest post. Thanks. I'll be following your posts as you came from Android and don't seem to be a blind fan boy-type.

I for sure will never get a device as soon as it's released. I'm getting too old for beta testing! I just want my device to working the apps to be ready!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-14-11 at 07:03 PM.
    09-14-11 07:00 PM
    Patience is a virtue my friends.
    mssca likes this.
    09-14-11 07:02 PM
    Oh no! I'm thinking of returning in Jan. You've talked so highly of the 9930. But I appreciate the honest post. Thanks. I'll be following your posts as you came from Android and don't seem to be a blind fan boy-type.

I for sure will never get a device as soon as it's released. I'm getting too old for beta testing! I just want my device to working the apps to be ready!

You would think RIM would make sure at launch developers had all the ammo they need to get their apps working. Don't get me wrong I really like this device just needed to vent my frustrations.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 07:07 PM
    @ESN - I feel your pain, well, I understand where you are coming from. May I ask which app developers you have not gotten a response from? I know coming from Android, it must seem a wasteland (AW(App World) compared to AM(Android Market)).
    09-14-11 07:15 PM
    @ESN - I feel your pain, well, I understand where you are coming from. May I ask which app developers you have not gotten a response from? I know coming from Android, it must seem a wasteland (AW(App World) compared to AM(Android Market)).

Paypal and eBay are the big ones and I just got a response from tapatalk and his fix worked. Evernote is still not working right and no response from them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 07:23 PM
    same thing here. love the bold but have found that many apps are not working with it yet.
    09-14-11 07:25 PM
    If you're waiting on a bunch of new apps to show up for OS7 you're going to be sorely disappointed. RIM has already said that QNX is the way of the future. With the consumer base of BB users being so low there is no way that developers are going to start building apps for an OS that is going the way of the dodo bird (and is a pain to develop for).
    09-14-11 07:27 PM
    Yeah, for some reason my Tapatalk says Expired...lol

How can a paid app expire? I heard ebay was working though. Evernote is close (Premium account?). I agree, if any of the apps you need are not ported or ready for the device you have (especially when you use these apps), then what is the point.
    09-14-11 07:29 PM
    Did you download a version posted in the Tapatalk thread? Those are beta versions that expire.
    09-14-11 07:33 PM
    If you're waiting on a bunch of new apps to show up for OS7 you're going to be sorely disappointed. RIM has already said that QNX is the way of the future. With the consumer base of BB users being so low there is no way that developers are going to start building apps for an OS that is going the way of the dodo bird (and is a pain to develop for).
    There isn't even any evidence that the user numbers are "so low". The devices just came out, so if you want to predict failure that's fine. But there hasn't even been enough time (or full releases across carriers yet) for there to be any real evidence that it exists...
    DCAce and yauchunh like this.
    09-14-11 07:37 PM
    Did you download a version posted in the Tapatalk thread? Those are beta versions that expire.
    Nope, the paid version. I'll try to download it again from App World.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 09-14-11 at 07:41 PM.
    09-14-11 07:38 PM
    I wholeheartedly agree with you...

I am not even asking for the apps that I thought were really cool on the iPhone or Androids. I just want the ones from major companies: LinkedIn, Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest Airlines, eBay, Chase, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, etc... Most of these apps are ones that should be standard on (supposedly) business oriented phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-14-11 07:44 PM
    I agree with you mikolina. They should have had devs working on these apps long before the first OS7 handset hit the shelves. To be fair, they are slowly coming. I know not as quickly as we would like them,
    digdah likes this.
    09-14-11 07:58 PM
    tapatalk is terribly ugly. hope they'll fixed it soon. its not intuitive at all.
    09-14-11 08:30 PM
    Pandora works. I'm happy. Schwingo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 08:32 PM
    How does CrackBerry full site load and run on the 9930? That's what I use mostly.
    09-14-11 08:34 PM
    Runs pretty well on my 9900. Loads faster than my trusty 9780.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 08:35 PM
    tapatalk is terribly ugly. hope they'll fixed it soon. its not intuitive at all.
    what do you find ugly about it? i think it's fine for a blackberry app... not as fine as my iphone 4 or ipad but it gets the job done...
    09-14-11 08:39 PM
    Few different ideas for some of the requests for apps in this thread...

First of all the apps for individual airlines, you should really take a look at BlackBerry Travel. I use it extensively when I'm traveling for business and find it to be a great application to manage all the flight and rental car reservations from. You can also look up flights, car rentals, and hotels from the app and book any of them. Pretty handy to have one place to go for all the info vs many different apps to juggle. As a nice feature it automatically grabs info from your emails that have flight reservations and such in them, all imported right into travel and it keeps you up to date with gate assignments and departure times, live, while you're running from gate to gate.

eBay has said they're working on a new app and it will be posted up very soon. Not sure what that means, but I doubt they'd make it up if they had no plans.

I'm also sure evernote is going to be releasing an OS7 compatible app in the hopefully not to far off future, they just released a PlayBook app a week or two ago. That's a promising sign they're not completely abandoning BB.
    Jake Storm and OniBerry like this.
    09-14-11 08:47 PM
    BlackBerry Travel is one very well done app. I completely forgot about it...LoL
    09-14-11 08:48 PM
    Kayak is also a good all-in-one travel app. I used that on my 9630, and now on my Android.

I used to buy airline tickets on my BlackBerry using Orbitz mobile. Not sure if that's still around (the mobile site).
    09-14-11 08:52 PM

Sucks for you that you've never tried the iPhone. They just work. Especially brand new.

As for the 9930 and other OS7 devices, Developers are coming, but the process is going to be a little slow. Partly because they don't want to invest in an already "dead" platform. And it does make a little sense, but why not get what you can now is MHO. However, there are some that will wait for QNX. Either way, slowly but surely more apps will become OS7 compatible.
    09-14-11 09:26 PM
    ...why not get what you can now is MHO. However, there are some that will wait for QNX. Either way, slowly but surely more apps will become OS7 compatible.
    I agree.
    It strikes me as a bit lazy that developers wouldn't want to write for OS7. Not like it's going to disappear as soon as the first QNX phone shows up. RIM will be putting OS7 on phones for a long time yet.
    09-15-11 12:58 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD