I'm currently running os 7.0.0 bundle 2392 and downloaded the new 7.1.437 build... I ran the install on my laptop, deleted the vendor file, but nowhere is this new OS magically populating onto my phone. I'm so pissed... I just want my phone to be updated to the new os!

And to boot, I'm hearing that this os might not be a good idea at all... I dont do much crazy stuff with my phone, just lots of calling, txtng, emailing, and 4g internet. I dont want to cause trouble by doing the 7.1 OS, so I was htinking maybe install an official 7.1 OS and not the china-one I was trying to?

Regardless, I need to know which OS to install and WHY IS IT NOT INSTALLING for me???
    06-15-12 06:23 PM
    to install the new os after download make sure you found and delete all vendors files in your desktop (search for them in c: ), there are 1 or 2.after this run the desktopmanager.

im current using rogers 7.1.0.391 . it's best than 7.0 regarding signal strenght and battery save . my carrier is Claro-Brasil

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 06:33 PM
    There are some vendor files.. I copy/paste to my desktop incase something doesn't work, I can just put them back in the folder.

When I go to run desktop manager, and look for new versions, it lists the same exact version my phone is running right now and wants me to upgrade to it!
    06-15-12 06:37 PM
    There could be another vendor file in C:\users\"your name"\app data\roaming\research in motion\blackberry,

Check it. If you find it, delete it.
    06-15-12 06:50 PM
    not sure...but maybe you have to delete the files, i guess this is harmless

06-15-12 06:51 PM
    Restart your pc after downloading the OS.

I forgot this with my last OS & thought something was wrong then for me it showed up in desktop manager.

In the How To install a OS part in a thread here it doesn't tell us this.
    06-15-12 06:52 PM
    There could be another vendor file in C:\users\"your name"\app data\roaming\research in motion\blackberry,

Check it. If you find it, delete it.
    Nope didn't see it. It's ok that my previous vendor files are on the desktop right?

not sure...but maybe you have to delete the files, i guess this is harmless

Alright I guess I'll try, even tho I cant fathom the bberry device picking up the path to the desktop

Restart your pc after downloading the OS.

I forgot this with my last OS & thought something was wrong then for me it showed up in desktop manager.

In the How To install a OS part in a thread here it doesn't tell us this.
    I have done this and the ONLY OS it's allowing me to upgrade to is 7.0 that is ALREADY INSTALLED on this damn stupid phone.

I'm so pissed. I just want the newest OS
    06-15-12 06:58 PM
    Stop using desktop manager and just use App Loader instead.

Also, trash the vendor files. They're useless anyway, no harm in getting rid of them totally.
    fabio984 likes this.
    06-15-12 07:10 PM
    I agree, stop trying to use desktop manager and use app loader. Here's what you want:

C:> program files> common files> research in motion> app loader.

Don't forget to delete vendor file(s) before you install.
    fabio984 likes this.
    06-15-12 08:21 PM
    It/ they are called "vendor.xml", not "vendor files". Deleting them doesn't always allow the phone to upgrade to the newer OS, leaked or otherwise. I've been doing this for over a decade on many BB's now.

It does happen that you can't upgrade no matter what you do with the vendor.xml files, but it is rare and sometimes in that case - you will simply have to uninstall the DM and handheld OS from the PC, reboot, then re-install both and upgrade again.

The "vendor.xml" file serves no useful purpose sitting on the desktop. Move it/ them to the trash. They are NOT required - and will never affect the install if not present, but will if they are and it's a leaked OS.

You will NOT be able to install a leaked version with them in the apploader folder, or in the alternate folder either. Unless it's an official release from your carrier, you must ALWAYS delete them - the end.

On Windows 7, it can happen that it will appear as "compatibility files" in the app loader folder. If that is the case, it can be removed by clicking the "compatibility files" button and deleting it, if it (button) appears in that folder. In fact , if that button does appear in that folder, you MUST click it and remove that "vendor.xml" file, or the upgrade will not work. Use "loader.exe" to perform the upgrade.

You will not see the file's extension by default in Windows 7. You will only see "vendor", unless you have the "View File Extensions" option turned on.
    fabio984 likes this.
    06-15-12 09:41 PM
    Nope didn't see it. It's ok that my previous vendor files are on the desktop right?

Alright I guess I'll try, even tho I cant fathom the bberry device picking up the path to the desktop

I have done this and the ONLY OS it's allowing me to upgrade to is 7.0 that is ALREADY INSTALLED on this damn stupid phone.

I'm so pissed. I just want the newest OS
    The phone isn't stupid. Infact it is a smart phone. You should do a search on these forums and learn how to properly upgrade your OS. First learn. Then apply newly learned skills. Then sit back, have a beverage and enjoy your newly updated phone. "You gotsta chill" epmd
    fabio984 likes this.
    06-15-12 10:08 PM
    not sure if someone has covered this yet, but there is a 2nd hidden vendor file. Once deleted, the install will work.

btw... the search function works WONDERS

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 01:29 AM
    not sure if someone has covered this yet, but there is a 2nd hidden vendor file. Once deleted, the install will work.

btw... the search function works WONDERS

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    Interesting.. no I've never heard that part, but I will surely look. Thanks man.

Also, I did delete the vendor.xml

Also, I did try apploader.. and all that stupid thing did was ask me which apps to keep/delete... not a DAMN thing to do with the operating system.

This isn't my first bberry, and I've had my bold for some time now. In my experience, all of my upgrades had been automatic thru the BBERRY OS updater. I cant believe I have to jump thru so much bs to update the OS with this one though.
    06-16-12 11:11 AM
    Interesting.. no I've never heard that part, but I will surely look. Thanks man.

Also, I did delete the vendor.xml

Also, I did try apploader.. and all that stupid thing did was ask me which apps to keep/delete... not a DAMN thing to do with the operating system.

This isn't my first bberry, and I've had my bold for some time now. In my experience, all of my upgrades had been automatic thru the BBERRY OS updater. I cant believe I have to jump thru so much bs to update the OS with this one though.
    Stop whining like a child and just make sure you delete BOTH the Vendor Files from BOTH locations then run LOADER.EXE

Location 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Location 2: C:\Users\YourPCUserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    fabio984 likes this.
    06-16-12 11:28 AM
    Try running this Vendor.xml file deletion tool

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/
    deezy87 likes this.
    06-16-12 11:43 AM
    I was going to post the link Legal Eagle did. I ran the vendelete+ and everything went well!

I loaded the .391 after messing around with .437.

.437 appears to be an old build with a new number, as there is not batter saving option and only device analayzer. If I happen to be wrong someone correct me
    06-16-12 12:01 PM
    I was going to post the link Legal Eagle did. I ran the vendelete+ and everything went well!

.437 appears to be an old build with a new number, as there is not batter saving option and only device analayzer. If I happen to be wrong someone correct me
    I agree with your views on .437. It's the only OS I have no bothered to load.

I would advise the OP to try either .391 or .428.
    06-16-12 12:10 PM
    Stop whining like a child and just make sure you delete BOTH the Vendor Files from BOTH locations then run LOADER.EXE

Location 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

Location 2: C:\Users\YourPCUserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    Whining like a child? No... I'm frustrated at either RIM or at&t for not allowing my phone to receive an operating system update. Thanks for the assistance though, I'll check it out.

Try running this Vendor.xml file deletion tool

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/
    Ok I'm gonna run that.. thanks.

Good advice.. thank you.

I agree with your views on .437. It's the only OS I have no bothered to load.

I would advise the OP to try either .391 or .428.
    I'm gonna assume that since .428 is a newer build, I'm gonna go with that one instead of the 437. Thank you.
    06-16-12 12:34 PM
    I'm about to throw my phone.

When apploader opens, all it does is ask if I want to add/remove applications on my phone.. nowhere does it mention installing a new os.

If I navigate to "Shared", then "Loader Files", I can see both OS packages I've downloaded... but those files aren't installing os 7.1!
    06-16-12 01:45 PM
    You sure you downloaded the right 7.1 OS? The right model of your device... 9900 or 9930?
    06-16-12 02:13 PM
    I was like you two weeks ago lol. New to this blackberry and upgrading os stuff. I figured it out and upgrading os is one of the easiest things to do
    06-16-12 02:20 PM
    You sure you downloaded the right 7.1 OS? The right model of your device... 9900 or 9930?
    Yep I have 2 downloaded.. 437 and 428. Straight from blackberry's official releases. The 9900 and 9930 should be the same though, but I'm pretty sure I d/l'd the 9900 for my phone... Yes, I did.. I'm looking at the d/l'd OS right now and it says 9900.

I was like you two weeks ago lol. New to this blackberry and upgrading os stuff. I figured it out and upgrading os is one of the easiest things to do
    I'm not new to bberry at all... typically you push a button and they upgrade. But the service providers are getting stupd and not releasing the os's to everybody. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can get the newest OS 7.1??
    06-16-12 02:47 PM
    The phone isn't stupid. Infact it is a smart phone. You should do a search on these forums and learn how to properly upgrade your OS. First learn. Then apply newly learned skills. Then sit back, have a beverage and enjoy your newly updated phone. "You gotsta chill" epmd
    Upgrading a smartphone OS is a skill? That's worth learning? Thanks but I think I'd rather watch Jamie Oliver knife videos than learn this junk. What a joke.
    06-16-12 03:00 PM
    Upgrading a smartphone OS is a skill? That's worth learning? Thanks but I think I'd rather watch Jamie Oliver knife videos than learn this junk. What a joke.
    Enjoy your videos!
    06-16-12 03:27 PM
    So frustratedddddddd. Why is this being so difficult? Can somebody just give me full directions on how to do this? Maybe the ones I got were junk cuz they weren't all that descriptive...
    06-16-12 03:35 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD