Ok so I'm giving this pone till the end off the month, the camera is crappy (not expecting it too get better) battery life varies but its always below 7 hours, I love the phone when its working but I can't be dealing with the dropped calls from potential employers, etc. I'm going too reload the OS and give it till the end of the month if no improvement I'm going too buy either an iPhone or HTC and get my upgrade at the same time.
    03-12-12 08:19 PM
    Ok so I'm giving this pone till the end off the month, the camera is crappy (not expecting it too get better) battery life varies but its always below 7 hours, I love the phone when its working but I can't be dealing with the dropped calls from potential employers, etc. I'm going too reload the OS and give it till the end of the month if no improvement I'm going too buy either an iPhone or HTC and get my upgrade at the same time.
    Lol...you're gonna get flamed! Try downloading the leaked OS ...much better battery life from what I remember.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 09:16 PM
    I know that battery issues can be a pain but I would give the phone a chance. Plus, dropped calls may not be a phone issue.
    03-12-12 09:27 PM
    I've had the phone for 5 months + and the battery was good too start with, but now its just a joke.
    03-12-12 09:42 PM
    I find it truly amazing that people don't do research before purchasing any electronic product. As many cell phones that's on the market people choose to purchase the phones inwhich their problems have been well documented and then come to a site and complain about it.......if it's that bad, just buy a spare battery....problem solved. NOT that difficult. I've been carrying an extra battery since my 8330 days when I was a heavy user (hate carrying chargers).....complaining solves nothing....look for alternatives. About the dropped calls, did you even check your coverage area.....didn't think so...lets do some homework people
    03-12-12 09:43 PM
    He has the right to complain, get over yourself. He is probably venting and since crackberry.com is all thing blackberry, bb b***tching should also be allowed without being flamed
    03-12-12 09:47 PM
    He has the right to complain, get over yourself. He is probably venting and since crackberry.com is all thing blackberry, bb b***tching should also be allowed without being flamed
    Andrew, that is far from being flamed.......not to mention my response was directed at the OP NOT "ANDREW" .....mind your manners. By the way what does get over yourself mean...do you have a clue??
    03-12-12 10:01 PM
    Get a Galaxy Nexus. Period. Development is off the hook (custom Roms, kernels, themes, etc). With the right Rom and Kernel, you can go almost 18 hours with moderate to heavy use and this is with 4G. Bad battery life on 3G is pathetic, IMO. I have no problems with dropped calls. I've yet to even have a force close on this phone. There is no such thing as "battery pull" on an Android. I hardly even reboot my phone. Can you say options? I have all the apps I want (most free) and customize my launcher with Widgets, folders, and shortcuts to my hearts content. Don't like the stock keyboard the phone comes with? No problem. Install which works better (personally, I like thumb keyboard). Seriously, the sky's the limit with this phone. Hands down the best smartphone I've ever owned operating with the best OS I've ever used (personal opinion).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    03-12-12 10:40 PM
    Get a Galaxy Nexus. Period. Development is off the hook (custom Roms, kernels, themes, etc). With the right Rom and Kernel, you can go almost 18 hours with moderate to heavy use and this is with 4G. Bad battery life on 3G is pathetic, IMO. I have no problems with dropped calls. I've yet to even have a force close on this phone. There is no such thing as "battery pull" on an Android. I hardly even reboot my phone. Can you say options? I have all the apps I want (most free) and customize my launcher with Widgets, folders, and shortcuts to my hearts content. Don't like the stock keyboard the phone comes with? No problem. Install which works better (personally, I like thumb keyboard). Seriously, the sky's the limit with this phone. Hands down the best smartphone I've ever owned operating with the best OS I've ever used (personal opinion).

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
    +1^

03-12-12 10:58 PM
    i have had my phone for 6 months not 1 dropped call so try blaming your service provider not the phone.second the battery could be better but this is not the only phone that could have a better battery.and there are things you can do to max your batterty life.you can also carry an extra battery.the camera should have auto focus but its not crap.i took photos with my phone in alaska that came out fine.maybe you should have done some research first before you bought it.

goood luck finding a phone thats "perfect with no issues".
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    03-12-12 11:15 PM
    With the right Rom and Kernel, you can go almost 18 hours with moderate to heavy use and this is with 4G. Bad battery life on 3G is pathetic, IMO.

You have no idea what "moderate to heavy use" is if you're getting 18 hours on a 4G connection. No offense, but I get an average of 8 to 10 hours of battery on 3G and I would be classified as an extreme user (average data usage is 10GB/month). Your phone's battery would cry.
    03-13-12 12:01 AM
    You have no idea what "moderate to heavy use" is if you're getting 18 hours on a 4G connection. No offense, but I get an average of 8 to 10 hours of battery on 3G and I would be classified as an extreme user (average data usage is 10GB/month). Your phone's battery would cry.

Anymore questions?

For even more questions, screenshots, and data, go read the Galaxy Forums at rootzwiki.com.

PS. 10 GB is nothing. Some users are in the 60-100GB range using 4G.

Last edited by SOTK; 03-13-12 at 12:12 AM.
    03-13-12 12:06 AM

Anymore questions?

For even more questions, screenshots, and data, go read the Galaxy Forums at rootzwiki.com.

PS. 10 GB is nothing. Some users are in the 60-100GB range using 4G.

You got any proof of that 60-100GB claim? Also, are you part of said "some users" that use 60-100GB/month?

Also, pretty screen shot, that doesn't show data usage at all.
    03-13-12 12:14 AM
    You got any proof of that 60-100GB claim? Also, are you part of said "some users" that use 60-100GB/month?

Go to Galaxy Forums at rootzwiki.com

Proof all over the place. No, I don't use near that much data. I use between 10 and 20 on average.

03-13-12 12:24 AM

Proof all over the place. No, I don't use near that much data. I use between 10 and 20 on average.

Also, Do you have any screenshots of your claims?

03-13-12 12:26 AM

This may come of as arrogant to you, but I have no desire to dig around in that forum looking for your proof that you are to lazy to provide. You made the claim, back it up with the links.

This is no different than me making a claim that blackberries have the best battery life on the planet and pointing you to the crackberry forums at crackberry.com and saying proof is all over the place.
    03-13-12 12:34 AM
    Thread closed.

Thanks for playing.
    03-13-12 12:37 AM
    Also, Do you have any screenshots of your claims?

No. I typically don't take screenshots of my data usage. However, I'll take a few for you tomorrow after I've been off the charger for a bit so you can have an average discharge rate, and my data usage for the last few days.
    03-13-12 12:38 AM
    This may come of as arrogant to you, but I have no desire to dig around in that forum looking for your proof that you are to lazy to provide. You made the claim, back it up with the links.

This is no different than me making a claim that blackberries have the best battery life on the planet and pointing you to the crackberry forums at crackberry.com and saying proof is all over the place.
    Dude, this took like 2 minutes. I said Galaxy Nexus forum not the entire rootzwiki site. I found one thread on first page.

http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topi...a?#entry544687

03-13-12 12:44 AM

No, but it does show my screen time as 45%. Screen time is way more of a battery killer than data. Also, data statistics (in this screen shot) are wrapped up in Android OS percentages. While this day may not show as much data being eaten, screen time and voice calls are high especially screen time. I can get 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time....will take a screen shot here soon in a day or so. Also, will take a screen shot of a more heavily data day soon. I'd like to see a blackberry 99xx with smaller screen and 3G go as long as mine with 45% screen time and 18% in voice calls. Screenshots anyone?

03-13-12 01:00 AM
    What the screenshot shows is that SOTK was on battery for 20 hours, and the phone was at 14% battery. That's pretty decent battery life if he is using the phone for everything he says he does. I'm not disputing one way or another, because there's no need for conjecture. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and try to assume they're not lying to me, just as I hope people don't think I am lying to them.

Regardless, why does this have to be a war? I thought we were *mostly* adults here, and at the very least, mature enough to know how to interact with other people. The Galaxy Nexus is a phone that, in reality, is a much better and more advanced piece of tech than the 9900. It's a fact, so really, get over it. It has a faster processor, bigger battery (for the bigger screen and bigger build) and is running a more advanced OS. But really, so what? Why does it matter that there is a better phone? Why do we even care if there is something out there that is better than a BB?

A phone is what you make of it, and battery life is as subjective as what your favourite ice cream flavour is. It varies by user, and while it's awesome that SOTK is getting 20+ hours on his battery with relatively heavy use, I am sure that there are many others using the Nexus who are lucky if they get 7 hours with moderate use. The same goes for the 9900. Battery life is always the contentious part about buying a cell phone. I get 24-36 hours on my phone, running 3G/H+ only, screen set to 10 with auto dimming and moderate use. That does not include the 6-8 hours I have the phone turned off while I am sleeping (love the auto on/off feature!). While I get decent battery life out of my phone, there are others who only get 6-8 hours on moderate use. Of course you're going to see more of those people posting here because it's easier to complain than to praise.

Ultimately though, who the cares? You went with the phone you did for whatever reason you did. Live with your decision, make the most of your phone and you'll enjoy your time with it. If you can't do that, then fork ove the cash and buy whatever you want to replace it. But seriously, if we can't even have a mature, rational conversation about the differences between manufacturers and the types of phones on the market, I question why I signed up for these forums in the first place.

/RANT

JB
    Admorris likes this.
    03-13-12 07:06 AM
    I'm no droid expert, so maybe I'm missing how "screen time" would be the heaviest use of battery. Anyway, back on topic......

OP, install the latest 7.1, initialize the battery analyzer, and see what's consuming all your juice. You may just need to have the battery replaced. If after asking for and receiving help you still find it too poor for your taste, by all means switch and see if the grass is greener.
    03-13-12 07:30 AM
    [b][color=#000066]I'm no droid expert, so maybe I'm missing how "screen time" would be the heaviest use of battery. Anyway, back on topic......
    When pretty much the entirety of your phone is a 4.3" touchscreen, it's going to be the biggest consumer of your battery.

JB
    03-13-12 07:34 AM
    Go with HTC
    03-13-12 08:43 AM
    i have had my phone for 6 months not 1 dropped call so try blaming your service provider not the phone.second the battery could be better but this is not the only phone that could have a better battery.and there are things you can do to max your batterty life.you can also carry an extra battery.the camera should have auto focus but its not crap.i took photos with my phone in alaska that came out fine.maybe you should have done some research first before you bought it.

goood luck finding a phone thats "perfect with no issues".
    1st of all I'm not looking for "the perfect phone" but this is beyond stupid, I didn't buy this phone too have too ring people back after the call dropped, I didn't buy it too keep changing the batteries. And how can I blame my SP when I put my sim in another phone and can call some one for ages without it dropping ?
    03-13-12 09:22 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD