11-15-11 11:07 AM
67 123
tools
    My app just sits there and do nothing. How do I make this app to read my voice? I mean I said open Facebook and nothing... I said open email and nothing is happening.
    11-04-11 09:11 PM
    My app just sits there and do nothing. How do I make this app to read my voice? I mean I said open Facebook and nothing... I said open email and nothing is happening.
    Once you have the app open, press and hold the convenience key and the phone will vibrate and a pop up will open that says "listening". That is when you speak your command....
    11-04-11 09:25 PM
    Once you have the app open, press and hold the convenience key and the phone will vibrate and a pop up will open that says "listening". That is when you speak your command.... Alternatively, if you have the "voice key behavior" set to "everywhere", you can just press and hold the convenience key anytime to get the prompt.
    mssca likes this.
    11-04-11 09:27 PM
    If you turn off dial from home screen, it is set by default to be your spacebar.
    Umm how do you turn it off?
    11-04-11 10:25 PM
    Actually, there is. You will have to remap the convenience key during the set-up process, but after that is complete, go into "options" on Vlingo, and change "voice key behavior" to "only on Vlingo home". Save the changes, then exit Vlingo and from BB home screen, go to "options", then "device", then set "convenience key" up to do whatever you want. I kept my convenience key set to open messages, yet Vlingo works fine once I launch it.
    Umm I tried this, I set my convenience key to Open BBM/Text Messages (tried both) after the initial setup and it would Launch BBM/Text Messages, but I would have to go into BB Menu and then Scroll up to press "Reply with Vlingo" then it would launch Vlingo. Did you have to do this or what other technique did you use? Wish you could do like a Youtube video to show step by step...

*update* well it seems to work now....
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 11-04-11 at 11:36 PM.
    11-04-11 11:03 PM
    Good lord... This is one of the more straightforward and simple apps I ever used.

Clearly most folks have little to no understanding of what the app is capable of and/or have predetermined expectations of what they want from it without reading anything on how it works or what features it does or doesn't include.

Just because it's free isn't a good reason to expect it to do more than it was designed to do.

Granted, it was originally created for devices with two convenience keys instead of just one, but I never used them for anything but Vlingo anyway.

To each his own, but sheesh folks. It's as simple as using a walkie-talkie to talk to your phone and send short messages, among a multitude of other useful features (I use mine to Google search stuff all the time).
    11-04-11 11:33 PM
    I just downloaded my free version of Vlingo. The voice recognition seems very accurate. I am running on a bold 9650. It has yet to make an error. I am not talking articular Lee slowly. Ok. It did make a mistake. But it is still much more accurate than typing on my PlayBook.

It is pretty incredible how fast I can post a message with this. I am looking forward to turning safe message mode on while I'm driving. I downloaded the app, installed it, and it is been running very well. Has anyone been having a with os seven? This is so accurate that I think it could change the experience with the 9850. This is the app that I have been waiting for. Thank you RIM. (Ok so I had to change the spelling of RIM).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-04-11 11:44 PM
    Never tried a speech recognition app before. Vlingo is awesome. i can't believe how much stuff you can do by speaking to the Blackberry. Is is so accurate with my voice too. If it wasn't free, I'd buy it.
    11-05-11 02:53 AM
    When we download these Compliments of BB apps, like Vlingo and Shazam Encore, when they will go back to be paid apps, if we update the os and say lose our installs, can we RE-Install them for free? Or would we have to pay?

Thanks.
    i would suggest a backup of these free apps if you would like to keep them.Once they are gone from the free gift promo,I believe you will have to pay for them if you want to re-download them .Even apps that are initially free sometimes have paid updates.You could do a bbsak backup of just those apps to keep them together for after Os updates.
    11-05-11 03:04 PM
    Hello,
    I just installed and its great!
    I have a problem. I have a 9900 with Bes, so the search and location isnt working...
    Is there any way to use BES?
    Regards

11-05-11 04:36 PM
    I installed mine, set the convenience key to Vlingo, press and the app pops up, but press and hold, nothing.

Download, install, go through the set-up...should be simple as that.

Any ideas?

Never mind, it works now.
    Last edited by lg777; 11-05-11 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Update
    11-05-11 04:59 PM
    For those of you that used their convenience key for camera .... Just hold it and say "Camera" .
    Jake Storm, Bob31464 and rick0415 like this.
    11-05-11 05:21 PM
    For those of you that used their convenience key for camera .... Just hold it and say "Camera" .
    LOL! I thought this was a joke but for kicks I tried and it works! Thanks!
    11-05-11 05:41 PM
    LOL! I thought this was a joke but for kicks I tried and it works! Thanks!
    Lol, it can open almost any app or folder, say SMS for example or Media.

steppinghorse likes this.
    11-05-11 05:52 PM
    i would suggest a backup of these free apps if you would like to keep them.Once they are gone from the free gift promo,I believe you will have to pay for them if you want to re-download them .Even apps that are initially free sometimes have paid updates.You could do a bbsak backup of just those apps to keep them together for after Os updates.
    Another member replied with statements from RIM saying the opposite.
    11-05-11 07:48 PM
    I have downloaded the free vlingo app also. I noticed that after trying it out a few times it works great on my 8530. I do have a question I hope someone can answer. I noticed it said I have 120 messages remaining. What happens when I hit zero? Does the app shut down or not send anymore text messages? Does anyone know? Thanks!
    11-05-11 08:36 PM
    I am loving the app but im noticing quite a bit of battery drain. I also have Fixmo tools that started draining my battery some & now this is adding to my drain. I really want to keep it installed but between those 2 apps im afraid I cant keep both, I have many more apps but no battery drain problem wiith anything else
    11-05-11 08:58 PM
    I would also like the answers to these. Posted #1 in the app forum too.

Hoping we get the answer.

I don't want to use the convenience key because I am using a soft shell. I don't see why we can't just select the Vlingo icon from the menu whenever you want to use it. There has to be a way to do that right?

Why don't you put whatever was in your convenience key to the first icon in Favorites

I use Vlingo it's great, thank you RIM It's best if it starts from the convenience key. As you use it you'll see.
    11-05-11 10:12 PM
    hmmm...so then, how else do I bring up Quick Launch from now on, then???
    Look up the app called 6 tools.

SixTools on CrackBerry App Superstore

Allows you to use your volume and mute keys as convenience keys when music is not playing. I actually had 4 convenience keys with that app and lost one to Vlingo - which isnt really a loss. Vlingo is awesome!
    Yep, that's what I do too. I changed the "volume down" key with SixTools to activate QuickLaunch, and the "volume up" key activates the camera directly. Everything else I want is on the QuickLaunch list when I hit volume down.
    11-07-11 03:19 PM
    I use SixTools to change my MUTE button to Camera and therefore I can use Vlingo with the convenience key..... works awesome..... i never used the mute button anyway.....
    11-07-11 05:00 PM
    I'm having a problem with Vlingo on my 9900; the app seems to not want to detect my convenience key. When its doing its setup and asking to press the convenience key (after setting it to Do Nothing) it doesn't do anything; after holding it down and pressing it, and trying for 30 seconds it'll pass onto the next setup stage, which is hold down the key and speak into the phone, but holding down the key does nothing. When I skip setup and am at the Home screen to try it, I hold down the key and maybe once in a while a Vlingo popup will come up to say something and go away a second or two later.

Any suggestions? This was happening on the .440 release, I just upgraded to .474 and still have the same issue.
    11-08-11 02:11 AM
    So there's no way to use the app without using the convenience key to launch it?

Probably not effectively. I am just trying it and notice within say email, if I press the BB menu key, there are now Vlingo options in the menu. But I am not sure if that means every function is accessible via the BB menu key. Since the app requires the convenience key assignment, I would guess... No.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 02:19 AM
    Gotta say I am pretty impressed with Vlingo.

11-08-11 02:35 AM
    Cool. Ok as for having to give up your only convenience key on say the new 99xx Bolds...

From the home screen if you tell Vlingo "camera" it will launch the camera app. Nice.

11-08-11 02:39 AM
    Another member replied with statements from RIM saying the opposite.
    Capitan thanks for the clarification on that.I thought it would show up as a paid app after Dec on our accounts if we wanted to re-download it later free but I read that post and it goes by BB ID I guess,nice.I will backup as a percautionary measure either way.LOL
    11-08-11 06:45 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD