Dear all,

I would would love to share something with everyone who own a 9900 Bold. I had searched for a while (.06 seconds) to find a privacy screen for my 9930 that works with the touchscreen. I am proud to announce that, although a shame it is not sold in stores, 3M does sell -- and i have purchased an installed -- a privacy (matte) screen protector THAT DOES work with our 9930 touchscreens.

Sorry if there are reviews and people have ordered this and do not like it, but it has satisfied my need for a screen protector with privacy for my 9930.

Here is the link: 3M Privacy Screen Protector for BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 Smartphone (Portrait/Matte)-Shop 3M

I can confirm it does apply extremely easily, provides anti-glare, and privacy -- as well as I stated, it does not hinder the touch screen experience! It is a tiny bit grainy, a tiny bit, but there are no lines (as if you've installed a privacy screen in the wrong direction). It also covers the screen and the piece where BlackBerry is written above (y)
    04-07-12 12:06 PM
    Those are the types of screen protectors i like, the anti glare, a tiny bit grainy.. But for the price they're asking, that's ridiculous.
    04-07-12 05:49 PM
    Theres loads on ebay for 9900. You can only see the screen if you are looking straight at it.
    04-07-12 06:40 PM
    How bad is the resolution with that screen protector?
    04-07-12 07:16 PM
    I think 16.99 is a little too much to pay for one screen protector...as much as I'd like to.
    04-07-12 08:18 PM
    You can pay less than $5 for a screen protector on eBay!

I personally dont like those privacy screen as you will need to brighten your screen up just to have the same effect from no screen protector.

I like the anti-glare type best

- Charles
    04-07-12 09:30 PM
    It does sound great, and I know 3M provides quality. But Id have to echo others opinion on the price- not for me. But thanks for sharing, it will be good for future reference to those who are looking in the future.
    04-07-12 09:36 PM
    I bought 3 of these. Total cost came to $8

Product Page

It says in the description that they will not affect the touch screen..I'll see soon enough
    04-08-12 11:12 AM
    I bought it about 3 bucks and that works fine with touch screen its privacy + anti glare!
    04-08-12 11:30 AM
    I bought it about 3 bucks and that works fine with touch screen its privacy + anti glare!
    You bought which one? The one I posted?
    04-08-12 11:48 AM
    You bought which one? The one I posted?
    No, i bought it from a shop here, didn't ordered
    04-09-12 11:31 AM
    I bought 3 of these. Total cost came to $8

Product Page

It says in the description that they will not affect the touch screen..I'll see soon enough
    Hey JDuf, keep us posted with how it works. I really want to get some privacy protectors too.
    04-09-12 12:17 PM
    Hey JDuf, keep us posted with how it works. I really want to get some privacy protectors too.
    Will do. I should get them this week I hope.
    04-09-12 07:00 PM
    well sorry for not responding sooner, but:

the grainyness has gone away - i forgot there was a plastic sticker covering the top of the protector, and since taking it off there is no grainyness.

the reason i purchased it is because i know 3M is quality, and that i would not have to worry about being dissatisfied.

the touchscreen is not affected at all. and it went on without any bubbles, or effort to remove any bubbles.

I actually have had my screen brightness at 20 since i got my phone and the protector has not compromised my vision at all, dark or sun.

3M sent me a coupon code for free shipping, so if 17 bucks + shipping is too much for you, i'll give you the coupon code.

first pm wins.
    04-09-12 10:02 PM
    I got them in the mail today, and just put one on. It does exactly what its supposed to do. I didn't have to adjust my screen brightness at all (I keep it on 10). I'll see tomorrow when I get it in sunlight. The touchscreen works perfect.

I would reccomend this product. Like I said, I bought 3 for a total of $8, shipping included.

*it is great in direct sunlight. I didn't have to adjust my brightness settings. If you payed $16 for one of these you got ripped off.
    Last edited by JDuf; 04-14-12 at 02:14 PM.
    04-14-12 02:21 AM
    Pardon me for going a little off topic here, well not really...
    I picked up a case mate 4 way privacy protector for the iphone, with the intention of cutting it down for my 9900, they were 5 bucks on ebay w/ free shipping. My thought was that if it works on the iphone, it should definitely work on my 9900 because they were both touch screen. Well I was wrong...lol. There is no responsiveness at all on my 9900. I was just wondering if anybody knew why it would work on iphone but not the 9900? They are both touchscreens..... Thanks for any info so I can say..."Oh OK"...LOL
    04-18-12 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD