08-19-11 12:45 AM
30 12
tools
    It is amazing how many people on Crackberry are willing to turn a blind eye to the obvious shortcomings of the new 9900 series phones with comments like "It's a communication device. Who cares about <insert legitimate complaint here>?" It's attitudes like this that are fueling the demise of the devices we all love. I'm just as big of a BlackBerry Fanboy as anyone, but I'm not so blind that I don't see the many problems with these devices.

You don't think that businessmen listen to music or take pictures/video or surf the web? Give me a break. People in here think if you're just being critical of BlackBerry devices, in ANY fashion, that you're flaming...or you're being a troll. That is so pathetic.
    These people have their heads so far up RIM's rear that they cannot admit that a STEP BACK from a 9700 in camera quality is acceptable.

I took over 3500+ photos on my 9700.

The pics so far on the 9930 are WORSE!

A decent CAMERA IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

This phone is a major disappointment.

Deal with it fanboys.

I left TMO after 10 years to jump to Verizon for this thing. Trackpad died today, they're sending me a new one. Guess what? They got my frikken address wrong so now I have to wait until Monday to get a replacement that I will most likely return in the 14 day window.

RIM is fizzling out.

OS7?

Quit being stoopid, its just OS6.

I wanted to love this phone. Truly, I did.

Dammit.
    08-18-11 09:48 PM
    Why is it too heavy to hold and walk at the same time?
    08-18-11 10:15 PM
    My 10mp Canon that was $300 3 years ago doesn't even do that.
    08-18-11 10:55 PM
    That's what your feet are for...
    My eyes also don't zoom. I simply move my head closer to the object.
    Why is it too heavy to hold and walk at the same time?
    Are these comments supposed to be funny?
    08-18-11 11:29 PM
    I agree w. Crucial's post above. Eliminating AF just to make the phone 1 mm thinner is dumb! Also, TM dropping UMA makes no sense. I use UMA enough times during the year to make it a "must have" feature.
    Digital zooming is a non-starter.
    Now that we see the 9900 is lacking, we'll upgrade wife's dying 8900 to an Android that has all the features the 9900 dropped - probably the 4G Slide.
    In the slim chance TM will have another real BB upgrade by the end of the year, I'll wait to upgrade by 9700. I can't go backwards.
    08-19-11 12:45 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD