I just upgraded to 7.1 and now i'm noticing some emails have large fonts and not the one that is set in my options. I particularly notice this in emails sent from crackberry forums.

Any suggestions?
    04-26-12 10:44 PM
    I fixed it. If anybody cares there is a setting in your email options for html emails. I turned it off and did a battery pull now all is well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    catberryday likes this.
    04-27-12 04:23 PM
    I will give this a try, I am running OS 7 and the font in all my emails is overly large and the original default font not the font of my choice. It really bugs me. Thanks for the tip.
    04-28-12 03:20 AM
    Well I thought I fixed it but it has somehow reverted after a few battery pulls.

04-28-12 03:11 PM
    Yeah mine didn't change either.
    04-28-12 03:44 PM
    What have you set your font size to?
    04-28-12 07:11 PM
    Its all related to font size in the options. Play around with it until your happy with the size but just to warn you the smaller you put the size the smaller the s for everything on the phone in the menus too
    04-28-12 09:13 PM
    True except the bug here is that email font size is not corresponding to your settings.

04-28-12 09:54 PM
    I will ask again - what is your font size set to???
    04-28-12 11:05 PM
    9. I'm using the blackberry bold font posted here on crackberry.

04-28-12 11:32 PM
    Mine is set at 8 but the font in the emails is at maybe 10 or 11. Size isn't just the issue though, the font does not change to your custom font. It is BB alpha sans or something. I would prefer the font to change to want I want to use like it did with OS 5, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.
    04-29-12 03:22 AM
    I had issues when using the bb font that was posted. Some messages would be fine while others (from the same person) would be all dicked up so I went back to using a pre-installed font.
    04-29-12 02:22 PM
    That is the problem exactly - use a RIM OS preinstalled font. That will solve the issue. You all realize that this font you're talking about doesn't come from RIM - right? It's a 3rd party developer. Herein lies the problem...
    04-29-12 03:20 PM
    Mine is set at 8 but the font in the emails is at maybe 10 or 11. Size isn't just the issue though, the font does not change to your custom font. It is BB alpha sans or something. I would prefer the font to change to want I want to use like it did with OS 5, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.
    if you use the BB installed fonts, you can get the font from that list and it will be everywhere in your device. It is exactly the same as previous OS's. You can't have different fonts for different apps, at least not in the native OS. You change fonts for the device in the screen options. They are all listed there - use the preinstalled BB fonts, not downloaded fonts from other developers.
    04-29-12 03:24 PM
    That is the problem exactly - use a RIM OS preinstalled font. That will solve the issue. You all realize that this font you're talking about doesn't come from RIM - right? It's a 3rd party developer. Herein lies the problem...
    Yeah, we all know this wasn't a RIM font.....
    04-29-12 04:51 PM
    Ya after I reverted back to default font and did a battery pull all is well again.

04-29-12 05:02 PM
    if you use the BB installed fonts, you can get the font from that list and it will be everywhere in your device. It is exactly the same as previous OS's. You can't have different fonts for different apps, at least not in the native OS. You change fonts for the device in the screen options. They are all listed there - use the preinstalled BB fonts, not downloaded fonts from other developers.
    The problem is I don't like the default fonts or I wouldn't have downloaded a font app to add my own fonts. On OS 5 I could install a font from a font app and it would show up everywhere, I guess it doesn't for OS 7. I will deal with the large font in emails before I will deal with default bbfonts all over my device. I like to personalize my bb and the default bbfonts just don't suit me. Thanks for the advice though.
    04-29-12 08:07 PM
    Yeah, we all know this wasn't a RIM font.....
    So if y'all know that, how come you all whine about the problem?? What did you expect??
    04-29-12 08:52 PM
    I have a related question about fonts.

I am using the default BB fonts (since I've never actively installed any others) and in all the menus and stuff it's alright. It adjusts accordingly throughout almost the whole device.

The problem I'm running into is that in the message inboxs the font is huge. So big I can't even see the timestamp. This is only a very recent change after installing the "Carbon Red ActiveDay" theme. I love the theme otherwise, but I may have to stop using it. I didn't do any battery pulls yet, but I have done two soft resets since installing and checking the options.

The answer might be elementary, but I just can't seem to find the right option to fix it. (I'm using the official AT&T build on my 9900, btw, which is 0.0.576)
    06-02-12 10:20 PM
    I have a related question about fonts.

I am using the default BB fonts (since I've never actively installed any others) and in all the menus and stuff it's alright. It adjusts accordingly throughout almost the whole device.

The problem I'm running into is that in the message inboxs the font is huge. So big I can't even see the timestamp. This is only a very recent change after installing the "Carbon Red ActiveDay" theme. I love the theme otherwise, but I may have to stop using it. I didn't do any battery pulls yet, but I have done two soft resets since installing and checking the options.

The answer might be elementary, but I just can't seem to find the right option to fix it. (I'm using the official AT&T build on my 9900, btw, which is 0.0.576)
    It's the theme that caused the font to appear "huge" and the time to get cutoff in the message application. You have to use the default theme or a theme with the blue (default) highlight.
    06-02-12 11:39 PM
    Is there any way to modify that? Through the theme or maybe the engineering screen? Seeing only like 4 texts is pretty annoying.
    06-04-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD